Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Humans were NOT created from wet clay

Postby Believer » Wed Nov 05, 2003 03:56 am

Peace,

Here's my take on the Adam and ever story,
God created everything, and He was pleased by it all.
He created mankind in His likeness, meaning He gave us dominion over
this world. Mankind lost it's perfection through Adam's sin.

"Then God said. "Let the earth bring forth all kinds of living creatures: cattle, creeping things, and wild animals of all sorts"
-Genesis 1:24

God created the creatures by allowing them to evolve on earth.

"The LORD God formed man out of the clay of the ground and blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and so man became a living being"

"the clay of the ground" is symbolic of something from this earth.
I bellieve God took a preexisting species of hominid and gave him the "breath of life."
This likely means God gave us dominion over life on this world.
Man became "a living being" in the divine image of God.

Here are some excellent sites you may find interesting

http://www.becominghuman.org/
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/
http://www.onelife.com/evolve/manev.html
http://www.ecotao.com/holism/huevo/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

The Quran is wrong when it says men were created from wet clay!
The Quran lacks the rich symbolism found in the Bible.
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
-Hebrews 1:1-2

oneGOD
Preacher
Preacher

Postby oneGOD » Wed Nov 05, 2003 09:08 am

The Quran is wrong when it says men were created from wet clay!
The Quran lacks the rich symbolism found in the Bible.

Read this Believer, I'll let someone else answer your post.

[51:47] We constructed the sky with our hands, and we will continue to expand it

Yes Muhammad was aware of the fact that the universe is expanding.

[39:5] He created the heavens and the earth truthfully. He rolls the night over the day, and rolls the day over the night. He committed the sun and the moon, each running for a finite period. Absolutely, He is the Almighty, the Forgiving

This verse clearly informs us that the earth is round. The Arabic for ``He rolls'' (Yukawwir) is derived from the Arabic word for ``ball'' (Kurah). Since the Earth is not exactly round, a specific reference to its shape is given in 79:30

[79:30] He made the earth egg-shaped

The Arabic word ``dahhaahaa'' is derived from ``Dahhyah'' which means ``egg.''

[21:30] Do the unbelievers not realize that the heaven and the earth used to be one solid mass that we exploded into existence? And from water we made all living things. Would they believe?

You should know what this verse is about.

Here some of my favorite, the statisticals :

These shows how many these words were mentioned in the Quran:

el-salah (prayer) 5 times
el-shahr (the month) 12 times
el-youm (the day) 365 times

al-donyah (the present life) 115 times
al-aakehrah (life after death) 115 times

al-hayah (life) 145 times
al-mout (death) 145 times

al-nafaa (good doing) 50 times
al-fasaad (bad doing) 50 times

eblees (the Satan) : 11 times
esteazah min eblees (pray to Allah to avoid the satan) 11 times

el-moseebah (a disaster) 75 times
el-shokr (thanking Allah) 75 times

el-infaq (spending money for Allah) 73 times
el-redda (satisfaction) 73 times

el-dhallon (people who lost the write way if Islam) 17 times
el-mouta (dead people) 17 times

el-moslmoon (Muslims) 41 times
el-jehad (fighting in the name of Allah ) 41 times

el-zahab (gold) 8 times
el-taraf (prosperity) 8 times

el-sehr (magic) 60 times
el-fetnah : fitnah is when a problem starts between a family /group / nation and they start fighting or working against each
others) 60 times

el-zakah (giving poor) 32 times
el-barakah (Allah blessing 32 times

el-aqal (the brain) 44 times
el-noor (the light) 44 times

el-lesan (the tongue) 25 times
el-mouezah (breaching) 25 times

el-raghbah (wishes) 8 times
el-rahabah (the fear of Allah) 8 times

el-jahr (expressing something) 16 times
el-alanyeah (announcing something) 16 times

el-sheddah (Bad times , a test from Allah) 114 times
el-sabr (being patient) 114 times

el-bahr (sea) 32 times
el-barr (land) 13 times
sea = 32/(32+13) = 32/45 = 71.1% of the earth
land = 13/(32+13) = 13/45 = 28.8 of the earth

And there are other statistical miracles which I need to read first and verify for myself.

The Quran is indeed the last book of God. ALLAAH is your God and my God

All I can say is that you really need to read the Quran and read unbiased sources man.

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Wed Nov 05, 2003 01:35 pm

Peace Believer,

The Quran is wrong when it says men were created from wet clay! The Quran lacks the rich symbolism found in the Bible.

The Quran does state that man was created from the dust of the earth. However it also mentions that we are also created from sperm:

"Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)"? [Al-Qur’an 75:37]

We now know that all the elements present in the human body (i.e. the constituent elements of the human body), are all present in the earth in small or great quantities. This is the scientific explanation for the Quranic verse that says that man was created from dust.

In certain verses, the Qur’an says that man was created from sperm, while in certain other verses it says that man was created from dust. However this is not a contradiction. Contradiction means statements, which are opposite or conflicting and both cannot be true simultaneously.

In certain places the Qur’an also says that man was created from water. For instance in Surah Al-Furqan it says:

"It is He Who has created man from water".[Al-Qur’an 25:54]

Science has proved all the three statements to be correct. Man has been created from sperm, dust as well as water.

However I must stress this is not a contradiction but rather a Contradistinction. Suppose I say that in order to make a cup of tea one needs water. One also needs tea-leaves or tea powder. The two statements are not contradictory since both water and tea leaves are required in order to make a cup of tea. Furthermore if I want sweet tea I can even add sugar.

Thus there is no contradiction in the Qur’an when it says that man is created from sperm, dust and water. It is not a contradiction but a contradistinction. Contradistinction means speaking about two different concepts on the same subject without conflict. For instance if I say that the man is always truthful and a habitual liar, it is a contradiction, but if I say that a man is always honest, kind and loving, then it is a contradistinction.

And Allah knows best

Peace and Blessings be to the Believers :D
This nation will get sick but it will never die and will doze but never sleep so do not lose your hope. You will return your glory.

Alpha
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Alpha » Wed Nov 05, 2003 02:22 pm

The Bible says God made man from the dust. Now I am a Bible believing Christian and not Muslim, but I am not going to argue when the Qu'ran says Allah made man from clay, because clay is nothing more than dust combined with liquid.

This is what Jesus did in John 9:6- When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,

As we see, clay can come from spitting on the dust of the ground. And God did make us from dust/dirt and said from the dust of the ground thou art and to dust of the ground shall thou return. (Genesis 3:19).

You Muslims aren't going to get an argument from me on this.

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Wed Nov 05, 2003 04:05 pm

Peace Lady Fatima,

The Quran does state that man was created from the dust of the earth. However it also mentions that we are also created from sperm:

I was talking about Adam, not all of us.
Of course we're made from sperm!
But what about Adam? Clay? Sperm? Water?
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;

in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Thu Nov 06, 2003 01:20 am

Peace Believer,
I was talking about Adam, not all of us.
Of course we're made from sperm!
But what about Adam? Clay? Sperm? Water?

Only Clay. He did not evolve from hominids ( Is that what you wrote?).

And Allah knows best

This nation will get sick but it will never die and will doze but never sleep so do not lose your hope. You will return your glory.

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Thu Nov 06, 2003 01:54 am

Peace Lady Fatima,

Only Clay. He did not evolve from hominids ( Is that what you wrote?).

Reality says otherwise, did you read my links?

The shape of our skulls and our bone structure is way too close to these hominids for us NOT to have come from them.

Alpha
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Alpha » Thu Nov 06, 2003 02:30 pm

Tell me something Believer. If we came from hominids, then how can scientists claim those skull findings are hundreds of thousands and even millions of years old, when they can't even find the skull of Abraham Lincoln or someone who died more recently than "hominids" ? Every human is shaped differently. We did not evolve from different species. For example: In the Old Testament Goliath was considered a giant (maybe 12 feet)and the people who Isreal were going to battle for the promised land in the time of Moses were giants. Do we have people walking around who are that tall anymore?.......No. Just because someone is shaped differently from another, does not mean the latter evolved from the other. Did we evolve from the giants of the OT?

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Fri Nov 07, 2003 05:10 am

Peace Alpha,

Every human is shaped differently. We did not evolve from different species

You're right!
However, God is never in a rush.
He let the life come forth from the earth, "Let the earth bring forth all kinds of living creatures"
God created evolution to ensure a constant flow of new and unique life on our world. Man wasn't spontaneously created from actual dirt, but the result of God's long and planned out process.

Now I believe God took a race of these early hominids and molded them in to His divine image.
He made us so that every person is very unique.
He gave us amazing intelligence and gave us full dominion over our world.

Alpha
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Alpha » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:48 am

Peace Believer,

So do you believe that humans evolved from hominoids (apes)? Do you entirely believe in the theory of evolution? Because evolution in terms of humans growing and becoming advanced from a baby to an adult, and technology advancing is common sense. But do you believe God made His creatures individually, and each creation is its own or do you think we evolved from apes originally?

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Fri Nov 07, 2003 03:58 pm

Peace Alpha,

So do you believe that humans evolved from hominoids (apes)? Do you entirely believe in the theory of evolution? Because evolution in terms of humans growing and becoming advanced from a baby to an adult, and technology advancing is common sense. But do you believe God made His creatures individually, and each creation is its own or do you think we evolved from apes originally?

From what I know, Hominids evolved from an common ancestor shared with hominoids.
I believe God designed all of His creatures individually, but that He introduced them to our world gradually.

Alpha
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Alpha » Sat Nov 08, 2003 01:00 pm

Believer wrote:Peace Alpha,

From what I know, Hominids evolved from an common ancestor shared with hominoids.
I believe God designed all of His creatures individually, but that He introduced them to our world gradually.

So what makes you believe that the story of Adam and Eve should not be taken in a literal sense? I ask you this because you say there is evidence to support the theory of evolution, but from my readings, there is actually little evidence and that little evidence is spurious (not genuine or authentic). You have to remember, it is called a theory and not a fact. As you and I both know, things like the death and resurrection of Christ are facts! :D

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Sat Nov 08, 2003 01:10 pm

Peace Alpha,

Actually Evolution is a fact and a theory. Darwin's theory, however, is just theory. Didn't I learn that in the most embrassing fashion :oops:

Alpha
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Alpha » Sat Nov 08, 2003 01:52 pm

Lady Fatima wrote:Peace Alpha,

Actually Evolution is a fact and a theory. Darwin's theory, however, is just theory. Didn't I learn that in the most embrassing fashion :oops:

Well, yes, evolution is a fact when you use it in its general sense. But when one says we evolved from monkeys, then we have a problem.

How, may I ask, did you learn that in the most embarrasing fashion?

Light
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Light » Sat Nov 08, 2003 02:37 pm

Man does indeed change, but that isn't evolution, instead it is adaptation.

webmaster
Admin
Admin

Postby webmaster » Sat Nov 08, 2003 06:24 pm

Do we need to start a creation verses evolution forum here? :lol:

Preecha
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby Preecha » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:35 pm

It's called macro and micro evoltion. Both aren't fact! :)

carol_au
Preacher
Preacher

Postby carol_au » Fri Dec 05, 2003 09:53 pm

One other question for you Believer, which I don't think you have answered.. you are saying that there were humans before adam and eve, and that God took one of them? .. hmmm where did they come from then? I suggest the "The dust of the earth"?

Without discussing the rights and wrongs of this theory..where did original creation come from, and please don't say the Bigbang or from DNA in primitive one celled organisms.

Only God can create something out of nothing .. no matter where you go in the dim dark past, you are left with the question, "where did it come from". I have the easy and most basic of answers that satisfies my every question on every level. It's in Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".

"You will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:57 pm

Peace Carol_au,

One other question for you Believer, which I don't think you have answered.. you are saying that there were humans before adam and eve, and that God took one of them? .. hmmm where did they come from then? I suggest the "The dust of the earth"?

Adam and Eve are the first people, I never said otherwise.
I don't believe Adam and Eve were just spontaneously created from dirt, but the result of a long and planned out process by God.
I believe that there were hominids, ape-human like creatures that walked on two legs, and God took some and molded them in His image, and in His likeness. We came from the "dust of the earth" meaning we came from something from this earth.
Now God took this small group of hominids and they lost their body hair, they were given amazing intelligence, and they were given dominion over all of the earth.

Without discussing the rights and wrongs of this theory..where did original creation come from, and please don't say the Bigbang or from DNA in primitive one celled organisms.

No, original sin most certainly came from Adam and Eve.
Before other men were created, or "evolved with God's touch", God was going to test mankind to see if they would sin or not.
Well, Adam sinned so we all inherit this sin whether or not we're his direct descendants.

Only God can create something out of nothing .. no matter where you go in the dim dark past, you are left with the question, "where did it come from". I have the easy and most basic of answers that satisfies my every question on every level. It's in Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".

You are very right, Carol.
God created the first life, but He let our world create life herself.

"Then God said. "Let the earth bring forth all kinds of living creatures: cattle, creeping things, and wild animals of all sorts"
-Genesis 1:24

You see, God let the earth bring forth life, clear support for evolution.
Evolution is God's tool to ensure a constant variety of new life.

It makes sense to me, I don't believe it is heretical, what do you think about my theory? I just want to be on the right track, and I very much believe that science and God are fully compatable.

Light
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Light » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:00 am

Do you agree with evolutionists that Dinosaurs existed before mankind?

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Sat Dec 06, 2003 05:58 am

Peace Light,

Do you agree with evolutionists that Dinosaurs existed before mankind?

Yes, way before.

Return to “Archived”