Where Do Babies Go?

Discussion in 'Rejoicing and Praising Jesus Christ Forum!' started by Chellebert, May 3, 2006.

1. Chellebert

Chellebert New Member

Ok, this is a question that I have never figured out yet.

I'm just curious on what everyone thinks.

Question: Where do babies go when they die?(either too young to understand or died in an abortion or at birth)
    Does it depend on the Parents? Or do they go strait to Heaven?

2. AuroraAngel

AuroraAngel New Member

They go where they belong. That's the only thing that i can think. There's no reason to think otherwise.

Just like anyone else.

3. Aineo

Aineo Active Member

The soul that sins will die so since a baby cannot sin why wouldn't it go straight to heaven?

4. Geshtinnanna

Geshtinnanna New Member

Does a baby who died in an abortion stay in that size? Who takes care of the babies? Does it grow? I know. Silly questions.

5. Aineo

Aineo Active Member

I am not sure those are so much silly questions as questions we cannot answer. What we can discern from Scripture is that all human spirits come from God and return to God upon death. We also know that angels are ministering spirits sent to render service to those who will inherit salvation. Therefore we know that the spirits of aborted children return to God and are probably cared for by His angels.

6. Christie

Christie New Member

Is the concept of 'original sin' purely Catholic or does it come into other Christian faiths as well?

7. Aineo

Aineo Active Member

The concept of "original sin" is a manmade doctrine that is adhered to by many groups other than Catholicism, although the Catholic/Orthodox churches originated the concept.

Jeremiah 31:27-30

27 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man and with the seed of beast. 28 "And it will come about that as I have watched over them to pluck up, to break down, to overthrow, to destroy, and to bring disaster, so I will watch over them to build and to plant," declares the LORD.

29 "In those days they will not say again,

'The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
    And the children's teeth are set on edge.'

30 "But everyone will die for his own iniquity; each man who eats the sour grapes, his teeth will be set on edge.
    NAS

Ezekiel 18:2-4
    2 "What do you mean by using this proverb concerning the land of Israel saying,

'The fathers eat the sour grapes,
    But the children's teeth are set on edge'?

3 "As I live," declares the Lord GOD, "you are surely not going to use this proverb in Israel anymore. 4 "Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die.
    NAS

8. Chellebert

Chellebert New Member

Well, i've read a verse...forgot where...that it is up to the parents. Like if the parents are Christians or not determines where the baby will go.

I also understand that no one is perfect, even before birth.
    So thanks for the different views! *thinks more* ouch..my brain hurts... ^_^

9. Aineo

Aineo Active Member

This sounds more like some church doctrine. I am not aware of any Scripture where a child's salvation is determined by its parents faith or lack of faith.

10. Alpha

Alpha New Member

The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself (Ezekiel 18:20)

11. Chellebert

Chellebert New Member

Thanks a lot. :D
    But here's another thought. :oops:

God would know if the baby would've chosen to accept Christ or not.
    So will it depend on certain babies? Or does Every baby/anyone who can't understand go directly to heaven?

12. Aineo

Aineo Active Member

On the other hand, God also knows the child will be will not survive long enough to make a choice, therefore why would God judge a child who did not sin?

13. Chellebert

Chellebert New Member

Because He knows what he WOULD have done?

Romans 9:13-15
    Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
    What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses,
    "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

14. Aineo

Aineo Active Member

So God who knows what a child who dies before he/she can sin is going to do judges that child based on what the child could have done but never did because it died? Where do you get this idea?

Your example of Esau and Jacob is begging the question since both of these men lived long lives and made choices that determined their relationship with God.

15. Chellebert

Chellebert New Member

I know.
    It's just an example that God knew Esau and Jacob(also everyone else he made/is making/will make) before they were born.

Say...a young girl who decides that she doesn't want to have a relationship with Christ when she turnes 15 and dies when she's 20.

If she died before falling away(say...10) she would've gone to heaven...right?

I'm not trying negate what you have to say. :(
    I just have a lot of questions. >___<

"What if" questions...i guess they're just a waste of time.

16. Aineo

Aineo Active Member

I would have to agree. :wink:

17. On My Way

On My Way New Member

I was wondering if you mean 1 Corr 7:14 ?

18. On My Way

On My Way New Member

I was wondering if anyone thinks God sends a soul to those who will be aborted?
    or do we have the power to "create a soul" at conception based on what God has provided us genetically?

Don't get me wrong as I have no idea how that works. Or is there still a chance that the mother will change her mind?

19. Aineo

Aineo Active Member

At the moment of conception the soul is created.

Psalms 22:9-10

9 Yet Thou art He who didst bring me forth from the womb;
    Thou didst make me trust when upon my mother's breasts.
    10 Upon Thee I was cast from birth;
    Thou hast been my God from my mother's womb.
    NAS

Psalms 139:13

13 For Thou didst form my inward parts;
    Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb.
    NAS

20. On My Way

On My Way New Member

:D Thanks

Is that Nelson's on line or on a disk?

I'm doing some searching on it right now