WARNINGS ABOUT OUIJA BOARDS

Discussion in 'Occult.. Research' started by webmaster, Sep 1, 2003.

1. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

WARNINGS ABOUT OUIJA BOARDS

There is one thing that I want to say before I begin, "OUIJA Boards are VERY Dangerous!". Out of all the cases we have done and that I was a part of, 95% of them were caused by this Quote Unquote"GAME". When I first researched the Ouija Board I thought that there were only 5-10 game variations total, But to my surprise there are well over 100 games made all around the world. That is a large amount considering the Power of this "GAME".
    The Problem with the Ouija Board (It is called many other things as you will soon see by my Ouija Archives below) is that when you use it, you have no idea Who or What you are going to contact. Most Ordinary People buy the game thinking that is would be COOL to talk to a spirit of a dead relative or a famous person. There biggest query is usually to find out either what happened after death or to see if there is really an afterlife. Once they start using the Ouija board, they have opened a gateway for anything to come into our reality. The simple fact of this whole thing is that you have no idea what you are talking to.

Example - Let's say that little Johnny and his friends are out at the mall and find a store with a Ouija board for sale. They buy it and everyone thinks that it will be cool to see stuff move and hear voices and all that other stuff. After taking it home they open it and get everything ready. Johnny then wants to contact his deceased grandfather and see if he made it to the other side or for that matter to see if there is life after death. Johnny and his friends make contact with something that is claiming to be his grandfather, basically telling him everything he wants to hear. Then Johnny asks for a sign from him and to show himself. This is when the trouble starts and then climax's into a low level haunting or possession but can easily convert into many other level's. The end result now is that Johnny has opened up a gateway for that spirit,demon,devil or whatever to come through. This will not only effect him but also anyone else who was involved. If Johnny was to have done this alone with nobody else, the Ouija could have addicted him to the point of a Possession. This is rare but it can happen and nothing in the world would matter to Johnny but using that Ouija by himself and contacting that deceitful spirit. The end result of which would be him being possessed by whatever spirit he contacted.

There have been cases of a Ouija board being harmless but there is more bad to get out of it than good. You have to understand this is my opinion and it is based upon years of research along with many other Investigators/Demonologists. We basically share the same premise that these Ouija boards are not to be played with and should NEVER be used.

*NOTE*- I find it very interesting that Hollywood would even consider the fact of handing out Ouija boards at the premier of one of there movies called "WitchBoard". 1000's of people have these boards and who knows how many of them now have haunting's. By the way, most of these Ouija Board Games come with a warning inside. It Reads:

" WARNING , DO NOT PLAY ALONE!"

FACT : Do you know where the most common Ouija Board is Manufactured? ANSWER : Salem Massachusetts! Probably THE most Haunted State in the US besides NY or CT.

I would also like to mention that since there is a spiritual side to the "Ouija" ( The real name is "Automatic Writing Boards or Talking Boards" and the moving piece is called a "Planchette" ) there is also a Psychological explanation/phenomena called "Automatism". This is when your subconscious mind basically spells out words on the Ouija and you have no idea you are doing it. The clinical term is called "Ideomotor Response". I have no doubt that it is possible for your unconscious mind to move the planchette but I do not think that this happens as frequently as you would think. Besides, spirits work in many ways and the "Automatism" could be one of them...

Closing The Gateway!

Many people have many different views on getting rid of a Ouija board. I have heard of people mentioning burning it,cutting it up,burying it, lighting it on fire,and even gone to the extremes of throwing it away in another state! Some have worked and others have not. In my opinion there is one sure way to rid yourself of this board. When all else fails there is a rather simple way of dealing with this. Take the board to your local Catholic Church OR Church of WHATEVER Religious Denomination/Faith you are and leave it on the steps. Since the board is now on holy ground, the gateway closes and all events associate with it SHOULD stop. If not, then a more serious approach will be needed. This is rare and only a professional should deal with it at this point. I hope I did not offend any Catholic or other Churches by saying everyone should leave there Ouija boards on your steps ,but I know that you know what to do with it and let's face it, the church is there for people when they are in need of help :)

The next section is a compilation of ongoing research that I am doing on "OUIJA","Talking Boards","Automatic Writing Boards" and the communicator "The Planchette". I am posting the actual images first and then will be giving a bit of history on each. This may take some time so check back regularly to see any updates.

©1998-2002 Lou Gentile Productions
    http://www.demonologyresearch.com/DVDR/Ouija.htm

This is a Collection of Ouija Boards from around the Globe...
    http://www.demonologyresearch.com/DVDR/OuijaArch1.htm

2. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

The Dangers of the Ouija Board

One of the chief tools used in divination is the Ouija Board. Though Parker Brothers (those who manufacture it) would suggest that this is merely a game used for entertainment purposes, this occultic tool leads to spiritual darkness. It is described as such:

A board and pointer used for divination and by some as a means to contact spirits or entities. The name comes from the French and German words for "yes," oui and ja (ja is mispronounced with a hard "j"). Critics of the Ouija, who include authorities in most denominations of Christianity, say it is dangerous and a tool of the Devil. Advocates say that it, like other forms of divination, is a legitimate means to discover insight, wisdom, and self-truths and to communicate with discarnate beings.
    The board includes letters of the alphabet, numerals 0 through 9, the words "yes" and "no," and a heart-shaped pointer on three felt-tipped legs. One or two people place their fingertips on the pointer, which moves to answer questions. In most cases answers probably rise up from the subconsciousness of the users, even when "spirits" identify themselves and give messages. However, Ouija pointers have been known to fly off the board and spin out of control, as though being directed by unseen forces, and some users claim to be harassed by external agents contacted through the board.

Precursors to the Ouija date back to ancient times. In China before the birth of Confucius (c. 551 B.C.), similar instruments were used to communicate with the dead. In Greece during the time of Pythagoras (c. 540 B.C.) divination was done with a table that moved on wheels to point to signs, which were interpreted as revelations from the "unseen world." The rolling table was used through the nineteenth century. Other such devices were used by the ancient Romans as early as the third century A.D., and in the thirteenth century by the Mongols. Some Native Americans used "squdilatc boards" to find missing objects and persons, and obtain spiritual information. In 1853 the planchette came into use in Europe. It consisted of a triangular or heart-shaped platform on three legs, one of which was a pencil. The medium or user moved the device over paper to draw pictures and spell out messages.(1)

NOTE: The Ouija board, like other forms of divination, has been used in an attempt to contact the dead (necromancy), which is clearly condemned by the Bible:
    Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God. The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so (Deut. 18:10-14).
    All other forms of sorcery are clearly denounced in Scripture as well. Those that refuse to listen to God regarding this command are mentioned in the follow Scripture:
    But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death (Rev. 21:8).
    Their only hope is to find forgiveness by turning from this form of wickedness to the true and living God through Jesus Christ. See Acts 20:21.
    Ouija Popularity Around WW I
    The Ouija enjoyed enormous popularity during and after World War I, when many people were desperate to communicate with loved ones killed in the war and Spiritualism was in a revival. In 1966 Fuld sold his patent to Parker Brothers game company of Beverly, Massachusetts. Interest in the Ouija picked up again in the 1960s and 1970s, along with renewed interest in the occult and supernatural. Parker Brothers stresses that the Ouija is a game for entertainment purposes.(2)
    Demon Possession and The Ouija Board
    People know not what they do when they dabble in the occult, even innocently. By doing such they open themselves up to many spiritual dangers that normally would never occur, one of which is demon possession. Such has been linked to the Ouija board:
    Some demonologists say the Ouija opens the door to possession by evil spirits ....(3)
    Some evil spirits first contacted by the Ouija board has led to a deeper involvement and bondage in the occult.
    Jane Roberts, Seth and Others
    Some critics contend that such contact is inherently dangerous, and that any beings who communicate through such a device are likely to be demonic and attempt to possess the user .... The entity Seth, popularized by the writings of Jane Roberts in the 1960s and 1970s, initiated his communication with Roberts through a Ouija board. The communication then rapidly progressed to direct automatic writing with a pen and then into a trance mediumship in which Seth allegedly used Roberts' vocal cords to speak.
    The Ouija also served as the initial means of communication with alleged spirits of the dead in 1913 for Pearl Curran (see WORTH, PATIENCE), and in 1919 for Stewart Edward White and his wife, Betty. The Whites spent 17 years studying Betty's mediumship with a group of discarnate beings who called themselves "the Invisibles." After initial contact was made through the Ouija, Betty began using automatic writing and then trance mediumship, in which the spirits allegedly used her own vocal cords.(4)

The Lie Will Continue to go Forth
    Be assured, that for the many that are misinformed, the Ouija board will continue to be accepted as a mere game for entertainment purposes:
    Ouija A device marketed as a game in which answers to questions are divined.(5)
    The Ouija Board is Unsafe and Even Used in Seances!
    While the Ouija board remains popular and is sold commercially as a "game," it has been attacked both by critics of the occult and those within the occult community who consider it unsafe. Some mediums claim to have started with the board and "discovered" their psychic abilities as a result of using it.(6)
    Ouija board, in occultism, a device ostensibly used for obtaining messages from the spirit world, usually employed by a medium during a séance.(7)

So what is a seance? And why would an occultic medium be using a harmless game for entertainment purposes there?
    seance A sitting organized for the purpose of receiving spirit communications or paranormal manifestations via the services of a medium .... A seance is immediate and powerful, playing upon the sitters' sensibilities with a drama that no other occult reading can match. But to the initiated, the seance can open the doorway to a mysterious other world.(8)
    WARNING!
    Have NOTHING to do with the occult or Spiritism in any form. Do NOT dabble with what God has expressly forbidden. If you already have, pray a sincere prayer to God asking Him to forgive you for your grievous sins. Also pray a prayer of renunciation, that is, renouncing this and all involvement in the occult. If you already own an Ouija board, remove it from your house and burn it publicly. This is how some first-century sorcerers treated their scrolls and thereby proved their repentance toward God:
    A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas (Acts 19:19).
    Please WARN as many as you can about the Ouija board. This dangerous occulic device not only can lead to demon possession, but even eternal damnation in the lake of fire. Remember what God says about those that practice the magic arts, even if under the guise of a harmless game for entertainment purposes:
    Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you (Deut.18:12).
    Anyone means anyone, even a person previously saved.

Endnotes
    1. Rosemary Ellen Guiley, Harper's Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience (NY: Harper San Francisco, 1991), pp. 418, 419.
    2. Ibid., p. 419.
    3. Ibid.
    4. Rosemary Ellen Guiley, The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits (New York, NY: Facts On File, Inc., 1992), p. 240.
    5. Ibid., p. 239.
    6. Encyclopedia of Occultism & Parapsychology, Edited by J. Gordon Melton (Detroit, MI: Gale Research, 1996), p. 966.
    7. The New Encyclopædia Britannica, Vol. 9, (Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., 1997), p. 11.
    8. Guiley, The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits, pp. 298, 299.

Permission to reproduce this article is hereby granted, but only in its entirety, including author's name and ministry address at the end of the article, and without any alterations
    Dan Corner
    http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/ouija.htm