Satanism - What everyone should know!

Discussion in 'Occult.. Research' started by Katatonic Bliss, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Katatonic Bliss

Katatonic Bliss New Member

This is in response to Bushmaster's interest in learning more about Satanism and what it is all about. This is also for everyone, for everyone should know the enemy and what they are doing.

Modern Satanism is one of the most deadly religions in the world. Behind its veil of supposed innocence, it is a deadly enemy that has creeped its way into the daily lives of everyone. On a first glance, Satanism is just a religion against the Christian Church and it's teachings, but it goes much deeper. The Satanist's book, The Satanic Bible was written by Anton Szandor LaVey, the founder of Modern Satanism and a dark prophet of Satan. LaVey wrote the book so that anyone could pick it up, read it, and know everything about Satanism. The Book is divided into five main sections: The Nine Satanic Statements, The Book of Satan, The Book of Lucifer, The Book of Belial, and the Book of Leviathan.

The basic beliefs of a Satanist is that there is no God, there is no Heaven, nor Hell. The belief that there is an evil force that has guided humans throughout history and still does is the main belief. They call this force Satan. Satan to them is not a physical being, but a symbol, which is much more deadly in various ways. The symbol of Satan is that of the Baphomet, an anti-Islamic symbol that consists of an inverted pentagram inside two circles with five hebrew symbols on each of the pentagram's points that spell out the word ‘Leviathan’. The image of a goat can also be seen within the pentagram, representing the biblical scapegoat. It was used by the Knights Templar. Satanists are encouraged to be free thinkers and independant, and to indulge in their carnal desires.

THE NINE SATANIC STATEMENTS

Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!
    Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
    Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
    Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
    Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek!
    Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires!
    Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!
    Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
    Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

What do these statements mean?
    1) indulge in your desires here and now, for death is final.
    2) your existence on earth is what is real, not life after death.
    3) wisdom of this world instead of the lies of heaven.
    4) kindness and love are privledges.
    5) Seek vengance upon others instead of forgiving them
    6) Ignore those who use you.
    7) Man is just another animal on earth, yet with higher intellect.
    8 ) There is no such thing as sin.
    9) frequent preaching of Satan has gained more followers to the church out of fear.

As you can see, Satan’s deception is that there is no Heaven, so there is no Hell, that there is no God. Satan tells us that there is no such thing as sin and to indulge in what you want; to use the weak as stepping stones for personal gain, for this life is the ONLY life. Thus, Satan has introduced the reader to the basic concept of Satanism.

The first book is entitled ‘The Book of Satan – The Infernal Diatribe’ and represents Fire. The book of Satan is further divided into five sections, each with a number of verses. This is Satan’s attempt to lift the fear of God from you by bold statements and verses better left unsaid. Examples are:
    In this arid wilderness of steel and stone I raise up my voice that you may hear. To the East and to the West I beckon. To the North and to the South I show a sign proclaiming: Death to the weakling, wealth to the strong! [Fire 1:1]
    For I stand forth to challenge the wisdom of the world; to interrogate the “laws” of man and of “God”! [Fire 1:3]

Satan furthermore shows himself in the verses, although subtly, as he wants you to think there is no God, his rage shows:
    Before none of your printed idols do I bend in acquiescence, and he who saith ‘thou shalt’ to me is my mortal foe! [Fire 1:5]

This is all in the first section! The second section deals with eradicating ALL religion from the readers mind:
    I question all things. As I stand before the festering and varnished facades of your haughtiest moral dogmas, I write thereon in letters of blazing scorn: Lo and behold; all this is fraud! [Fire 2:2]
    The most dangerous of all enthroned lies is the holy, the sanctified, the privileged lie – the lie everyone believes to be a model truth. It is the fruitful mother of all other popular errors and delusions. It is a hydra-headed tree of unreason with a thousand roots. It is a social cancer! [Fire 2:13]

So, when the reader finishes the first two sections, Satan has already made him doubt not only God, but anything considered to be holy. Section three then opens the readers mind about doubts of what good and evil are in the context of love:
    “Love one another” it has been said is the supreme law, but what power made it so? Upon what rational authority does the gospel of love rest? Why should I not hate mine enemies – if I ‘love’ them does that not place me at their mercy? [Fire 3:1]
    Can the torn and bloody victim ‘love’ the blood-splashed jaws that rend him limb from limb? [Fire 3:3]
    Hate your enemies with a full heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him on the other! Smite him hip and thigh, for self-preservation is the highest law! [Fire 3:7]

Satan has now opened your mind to questioning and quickly rushes in it with section four, filling your mind with the answers of his demonic masquerade:
    Life is the great indulgence – death, the great abstinence. Therefore make the most of life – HERE AND NOW! [Fire 4:1]
    There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth! [Fire 4:2]

Section five elaborates on section 4 greatly, emphasizing self gain and strength. In less than ten pages, Satan is able to lure a person into not only forsaking God, but in to Satanism.

Next Is the Book of Lucifer – The Enlightenment, which represents Air. This explains in plain terms what a Satanist is and what they believe in. Satan now speaks to the reader about what God is, emphasizing greatly on the different religions and an overview of what the Satanist’s philosophy is. They borrow heavily from Christianity to prove their point in the first section. The second chapter of Air deals with the question ‘what is God?’, for Satan has proclaimed that God does not exist. Satan explains that God is an imagination, a dream, and a false reality created by humans. He uses this claim to back the statement of:
    If a man need such a god and recognizes that god, then he is worshipping an entity that a human being invented. Therefore, HE IS WORSHIPPING BY PROXY THE MAN THAT INVENTED GOD. [Air 2:4-5]

Therefore, Satan encourages to invent your own god and worship it, thereby worshipping yourself as the most powerful being on earth, for as we have previously seen, Satan tells us that self-preservation is the highest law. The oath of a Satanist is much like the Shahadah [for you non-muslims, the Oath of a Muslim] in that once you say it, you have committed to that faith. The oath is simply to proclaim out loud in a strong voice: ‘I AM A SATANIST! BOW DOWN, FOR I AM THE HIGHEST EMBODIMENT OF HUMAN LIFE!’

Section three of Air talks about sin and the Church. There is a lot of bashing that goes on and it starts out with the Seven Deadly Sins of the Church. Satan advised the reader to indulge in all of them, for they provide physical, emotional, and mental gratification. Satan advises you to indulge in what is called a ‘controlled selfishness’, that being to be selfish up to the point where you cause yourself trouble or harm. Since you are your own god in the Satanic philosophy, nothing is off-limits up to the point of stupidity.

Section four talks about how to sell your soul to Satan while falling back on the already explained. I wish not to go in to depth on this section for fear that some of you might try this out of curiosity or I might get kicked out for blasphemy. Remember, this is to inform about danger, not to convert.

Section five gives the names of past ‘devils’ of religions and a review of devils in religion. Satan tells us it is unnessicary to sell your soul to Satan or make any kind of pact with him.

Section six gives a brief reminder and look at who deserves love and who should be hated.

Section seven deals with sex and the limitations that a Satanist should observe.

Section eight talks about psychic vampires. A psychic vampire is anyone who uses you for personal gain. Anyone who drains your energy and rescources multiple times while masking themselves with the innocence of false gratitude of favors. Satanists are instructed to avoid them and if possible, seek revenge by reversing roles.

Section nine deals with indulgence and its limits. Satanists are advised not NOT overindulge as it will harm them more than help. Satan advises us to indulge with pride and have no shame for our choices.

Section ten deals with human blood sacrifice, taken from Wiccan practices and reversed.

Section eleven deals with religious holidays, the most important ones being Hallow’s Eve [Halloween], Walpurga, which is held on May 1st and is recognized by other members of the Occult as well. The most important day of all, is your birthday, for since you are a god, you should celebrate the most important day of your existence – the day you were born. Satan encourages to indulge deeply and celebrate in the most extravagant way you can, as this day is not only yours, but the most important one.

The last section of Air deals with the Black Mass. A modern day Black Mass consists of a gathering of Satanists at a designated location. They will practice black magic and blaspheme religions in a variety of different ways and of course, there will be a sermon.
    Satan loves the Black Mass, as it is an ultimate defiance of God.

The Book of Belial – Mastery of the Earth [Earth] deals with Satanic Magic, its practice, its use. Satanic Magic is defined as Black Magic and borrows heavily from Wicca. The section tells you everything you need to start performing black magic and call upon the powers of Satan.

The Book of Leviathan - The Raging Sea [Water] Is the last book and deals with the rituals themselves. It gives you Invocations and the nineteen Enochian keys. These Keys are used to summon forth Satan.

In Conclusion – Never trust a Satanist. Their philosophy is strictly pagan, wiccan, and all around evil. I hope that anyone who reads this will take it to heart, and use it against Satan.

2. pyre

pyre New Member

Actually, theres two separate parts of satanism

There is satanism, which got its name during the dark ages, its the practice of gathering worldy knowledge and being humanistic(i. e. Renniasance), as well as having a general theory of good/evil balance, then there is satanic worship, which takes the above ideas and adds goat sacrifice and such to the mix.

Sadly, people get them confused easily, which leads to confusion.

In conclusion

Satanism: There is balance, and you should try to learn and be happy

Satanic Worship: Sacrificing goats, dancing naked in the woods like a fairy and drinking blood

3. Katatonic Bliss

Actually, theres two separate parts of satanism

There is satanism, which got its name during the dark ages, its the practice of gathering worldy knowledge and being humanistic(i. e. Renniasance), as well as having a general theory of good/evil balance, then there is satanic worship, which takes the above ideas and adds goat sacrifice and such to the mix.

Sadly, people get them confused easily, which leads to confusion.

In conclusion

Satanism: There is balance, and you should try to learn and be happy

Satanic Worship: Sacrificing goats, dancing naked in the woods like a fairy and drinking blood

True there are Satanic cults out there that blantantly worship the Devil, but what I am talking about is modern Satanism. I was once involved in the Church of Satan - I know how they work.

4. Believer

Believer New Member

This "satanism" that you onced adhered to, Bliss, seems to be just a fusion of extreme secular humanism and Wiccan.
    Satan hates being Satan, understand? He wants to be worshipped like God.
    The most dangerous beliefs from this cult would be the black magic.
    Anyone who practices black magic and performs demon service is really digging a grave for themselves. This is creepy, this is how people become possessed.

I believe true satanism is practiced without the individual knowing he's or she's a satanist. Any atheist who lives promiscuously and takes drugs and denies that God exists is a satanist.
    Religious or millitary leaders that goes on a pillaging rampage and kills many innocent people, they are satanists.

5. Katatonic Bliss

This "satanism" that you onced adhered to, Bliss, seems to be just a fusion of extreme secular humanism and Wiccan.
    Satan hates being Satan, understand? He wants to be worshipped like God.
    The most dangerous beliefs from this cult would be the black magic.
    Anyone who practices black magic and performs demon service is really digging a grave for themselves. This is creepy, this is how people become possessed.

I believe true satanism is practiced without the individual knowing he's or she's a satanist. Any atheist who lives promiscuously and takes drugs and denies that God exists is a satanist.
    Religious or millitary leaders that goes on a pillaging rampage and kills many innocent people, they are satanists.

It is humanistic philosophy with modified wicca, yet it is still unique as its own religion.

Satan wants to be worshipped as God, yes, but what better way than for you to create Satan as your God in your own image? That is how Satanists worship Satan. Their god they create IS Satan. The simplest ritual in Satanism requires a Baphomet and a black candle. The person lights the candle, chants an invocation and pictures his image of Satan in his mind. By allowing people to create Satan in their minds, Satan is able to let them worship him as what they see him as.

Satanists DO practice black magic. Wiccans define magic as two types, White and Black. Wiccans practice white magic, while black magic is practiced by Satanists.

You bring up a good point when you say that Satanists keep their identity hidden. This is dead on. A Satanist does not reveal his identity to others. The Council of Nine, which is a collective of the nine most important individuals in the Church of Satan keep their identity a well guarded secret. You could pass them on the street and never know.

Satanism is not about killing innocent people. That is a myth. Satanism does not condone killing children either, for in their philosophy, children have more knowledge and understanding than adults.

6. pyre

pyre New Member

I'm not certain how to explain this, so I'm gonna try a metaphor.

The spectrum of "magic" is like the force from Star Wars, there is white magic and black magic, like the force, kinda....

Wiccans practice white magic, which is primarily benevolent aspects, whereas satanic worshippers practice black, malevolent magic.

7. Masquerade

Masquerade New Member

Bliss,

Very well written article. May God be pleased with you.

8. StreetDeacon

StreetDeacon New Member

So people like Marilyn Manson are just dorks looking for attention?

9. Cern

Cern New Member

Goodness, Katatonic some sweeping statements there. I understand you are coming from a Christian perspetive and wonder if some of your comments are rooted in a desire to distance yourself from your former pagan/satanist (many pagans won't accept satanists as pagans) life. From that perspective I understand why you post as you do.

But there seem to be some generalisations in your posts that cloud the issue of how pagans might see their beliefs. One clear example is the mention of white magic and black magic. Many pagans who have walked their path for a while will have come to an understanding that there is neither white magic or black magic. Only grey magic. If you compare magic to something like electricity, it can be used for good- perhaps some sort of medical aid that helps to keep someone alive, for something bad- say for powering an electric chair, or in a way that is neither. It isn't the electricity that is good/bad, but how it is used. With magic it is the intent as well as the outcome of use that defines it. As it is nearly impossible to see all the possible permutations of how a migical act might ultimately manifest itself, it is also impossible to guarantee that a good intent will have an entirely good outcome.

From a Christian perspective, where spiritism, divination and sorcery are rather frowned upon it would be fair to say that Christians might consider any act of magic as bad. But simply saying that to a pagan will only be considered as a statement of opinion based on a religious perspective that said pagan has not necessarily experienced as being true. Consequently, at best the comments will be dismissed, and often they will be taken as an attack on their beliefs.

I recognise that this is a christian forum. But I also understand that posters are not always going to be Christian. Perhaps, if you desire to lead people following a pagan path to your Lord and saviour, this might be something you consider.

Where Satanism is concerned, I believe many satanists would not consider themselves as going against the Christian god. I'm not sure why they choose such an emotive title for their beliefs, except to cause some effect amongst Christians. But Satan, for these Satanists is seen as a representation of a deity form that has nothing whatsoever with the Christian concept of Satan. I must, at this point say that I have some difficulty understanding everything this particular kind of satanist has to say about their beliefs. But suffice to say that comments such as 'Satanism is just a religion against the Christian Church and it's teachings' is misleading as the LaVey form of Satanism is just one of more than two, and not all Satanists would view their path in this way at all.

I note that you DID dispel the following myth: 'Satanism is not about killing innocent people. That is a myth. Satanism does not condone killing children either'

But sadly you confused issues further by posing : 'Never trust a Satanist. Their philosophy is strictly pagan, wiccan, and all around evil. I hope that anyone who reads this will take it to heart, and use it against Satan.' As previously stated, very many pagans will have nothing to do with satanists (and satanists will have nothing to do with pagans), and to confuse the issue by labelling wiccans as satanists when Satanists tend to have a great distain for wiccans and many wiccans won't have anything to do with satanists. Labelling the whole group as all round evil is to fail to see people following their paths as individuals.

I do hope you don't see this as an attack. It is not intended as such. Simply an attempt in my own limited way to redress some potential misunderstandings that might ensue from your messages.

BB

Mike

10. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure.

He never was a Christian or after leaving "Satanism" did he become one.

He's coming from a Muslim perspective!

11. wigginsmum

wigginsmum New Member

Then surely the only genuinely ethical response is to not practise magic? If I have a tool and I can't guarantee it's in perfect working order and won't backfire and harm someone, then it shouldn't be used. Aside from the spiritual objections, I've seen too many people use magic as a form of revenge because they are in thrall to their emotional responses. Magic is a tool, granted, and one forbidden by God for various reasons, one of which is that a relativistic outlook will inevitably be skewed; we can't see the big picture. I do understand why people would want for example to do a healing working, but because of our limited outlook, the Christian response of prayer and entrusting a situation to our Father will not run the risk of backfiring. I think it boils down to intimacy - Christians know they can trust God to do things according to His perfect will. My father would be an example; I prayed for him to be healed of cancer, but he wasn't. In the bigger picture, God has shown me that's what my Dad needed to go through to bring him to a point where he would surrender to Jesus. I didn't like it at the time, and you know what it led to for me; if I hadn't been so furious, God I believe would have shown me that at the time.

Satanism is a mixed bag; most of the ones I've encountered online will have a rebellion against the Christian God at the core of what they do, whether consciously or unconsciously. And you and I both know how much of modern Paganism is a rebellion against Christianity (what they perceive 'Christianity' to be in terms of its influence on society); it seems to have a negative response at the core of its meaning for many.

I'd agree with you there, beloved. The Christian disagreement and battle is not against people, it's about the spiritual forces which influence them. As you have eloquently said, Satanism is not Pagan or Wiccan - three different terms.

Jules

12. Cern

Cern New Member

OOOOps. :oops:

Well, you get my drift. :lol: Leaping in a bit too soon perhaps. Oh well, at least it lets people know my perspective on the matter.

BB

Mike

13. Cern

Cern New Member

Jules (fun, this- discussions by messageboard rather than face to face)

'Then surely the only genuinely ethical response is to not practise magic? If I have a tool and I can't guarantee it's in perfect working order and won't backfire and harm someone, then it shouldn't be used.'

Well perhaps we'd better turn our PC's off. After all, we cannot guarantee that using electricity won't backfire on us.

'I've seen too many people use magic as a form of revenge because they are in thrall to their emotional responses.'

Yep, and those people could also have bought a gun, or even rigged up the electrical supply to inflict horrors because they are in thrall to their emotional responses. I'm not suggesting magic should not be used responsibly, and you'll know that it is something I don't often resort to.

' the Christian response of prayer and entrusting a situation to our Father will not run the risk of backfiring. '

I can see how absolving yourself of responsibility and how handing that responsibility to God would be reassuring. Of course that might not be how it works. But we could probably bounce around examples of where it has and has not seemed to work that way, getting us nowhere.

'I think it boils down to intimacy - Christians know they can trust God to do things according to His perfect will.'

You know, I have plenty of experiences where Pagans would say that when they bring their Goddess into the working of magic they know that the goddess will veto anything that doesn't go as it should. I wonder if this is a case of pagan spirituality drawing on Christian beliefs. It is possible.

'Satanism is a mixed bag; most of the ones I've encountered online will have a rebellion against the Christian God at the core of what they do, whether consciously or unconsciously. And you and I both know how much of modern Paganism is a rebellion against Christianity (what they perceive 'Christianity' to be in terms of its influence on society); it seems to have a negative response at the core of its meaning for many'

Yep. It is probably fair to say that quite often someone will choose to follow a pagan path because they see something wrong in what they believe Christianity is about. It isn't always the case, of course.

BB (and for my lovely wife XX)

Mike

14. wigginsmum

wigginsmum New Member

It's not about absolving ourselves of responsibility; that responsibility was never ours in the first place, we awarded it to ourselves because of our egos. If we try and intervene through the use of magic, we're trying to take on a role that only belongs to God. Trying to usurp God's power was what got Satan into trouble in the first place, and look what he lost as a result. I know you don't believe this, but you not believing it doesn't affect the truth of it; only God can show you that, my words won't convince you.

But yes when we hand things over to God and ask Him to sort them out, it does bring a peace. We don't have to strive anymore because it's not about us, it's about Him. Our little egos don't like it. He is sovereign and all-powerful and perfect; trying to bring about a result through magic is like a candle trying to compare itself to the Sun.

Jules

PS,. Everyone - welcome to the world of Mike and Jules. These kind of discussions face-to-face often start at 6.00am and carry on until we fall asleep :D Of course now we have two computers linked to the Net, we don't need to actually talk to each other :lol:

15. Cern

Cern New Member

'It's not about absolving ourselves of responsibility; that responsibility was never ours in the first place, we awarded it to ourselves because of our egos. If we try and intervene through the use of magic, we're trying to take on a role that only belongs to God. Trying to usurp God's power was what got Satan into trouble in the first place, and look what he lost as a result. I know you don't believe this, but you not believing it doesn't affect the truth of it; only God can show you that, my words won't convince you. '

But surely by asking god to intervene you are making a choice about what to present before God as something to intervene in. Certainly God will make the final decision, but by Christian thinking, surely it would be presumptious to ask God to intervene, when God would be making that decision anyway, being all knowing and all powerful. Asking the Goddess to aid in 'our rites' would be an invitation to influence the outcome, thereby providing divine approval or disapproval. Slightly different in that respect as the Goddess would not necessarily be considered as all knowing.

'trying to bring about a result through magic is like a candle trying to compare itself to the Sun.'

Not with deity invited to aid the rites. But there will obviously be disagreement there as a Christian perspective would see this as an appeal to a false God.

But these are definitely differences in religious perspective. They also differ to my religious perspective.

BB

Mike

16. wigginsmum

wigginsmum New Member

No - we're commanded to present everything to God, not just the bits that concern us the most:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. " Phil 4:6-7

That's why Christians pray for events happening on the other side of the world to people we don't know and will never meet. We don't have to know the specifics; it suffices that God does. Sometimes we will be led to pray for something with particular urgency, in our native language or in tongues - that's praying in the Spirit as He leads. To me, it feels like going into turbo drive - an increased force and unmistakable as being God's desire for me at that moment.

This of course is simply addressing the area of intercessory prayer; there's a lot more to prayer than presenting requests, in the same way that I don't just talk to you to ask you to do something for me. Sometimes I just talk to you for the pleasure of being in your company and hearing you speak; same with God. It's about building a relationship.

Jules

17. Narky_McDark

Narky_McDark New Member

Have atheistic Satanists even got a mention here :cry: ?

Satan is a symbol. A personification representing everything in LaVay's list. However he is only a symbol (according to atheistic satanism). There is no such thing as magic and you needn't worship anyone.

18. God'schild

God'schild New Member

SOOO a satanist who denies the existence of satan, WOW what a concept.

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p :p

19. wigginsmum

wigginsmum New Member

No Narky's correct - not all Satanists are theists. Heck, not all people who call themselves 'Christian' believe in God, so why should the opposite surprise you?

Jules

20. Narky_McDark

Narky_McDark New Member

dont laugh at me God'schild. I'm respecting you, and being nice, so don't spit in my face please.