Jesus Christ is Lord

Trinity Debate
1 st Corinthians 8:5-6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him. NAS

Moderator: webmaster

John 10:10
Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Jesus Christ is Lord

Postby John 10:10 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 03:28 pm

Isaiah 48:16 declares,

"Come near to Me, listen to this: From the first I have not spoken in secret, From the time it took place, I was there. And now the Lord GOD (God the Father) has sent Me (God the Word who became flesh - John 1:14), and His Spirit (God the Holy Spirit)."

The three Persons in the ONE Godhead are clearly seen in this OT verse. The interesting thing that I have just seen in this verse is that one speaking (Me) refers to God as "Lord God." The title "Lord" refers to position in the Godhead, not to the fact than any of the other persons in the Godhead are not fully God.

Now let's look at Acts 2:36,

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ--this Jesus whom you crucified."

After the resurrection and exaltation of Jesus to the right hand of God the Father (verse 33), the position of "Lord" in the Godhead was then given by God the Father to Jesus!

This better explains Phil 2:5-11 where it says,

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Blessings
Last edited by John 10:10 on Wed Feb 22, 2006 07:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jesus Christ is the eternal Lord Jesus Christ. One chooses to enter into the kingdom of God through repentance (Acts 2:38) via the "new birth" (John 3:5-7), thereby receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit. "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you Believed"? (Acts 19:2)

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Mon Feb 20, 2006 04:22 pm

Isaiah 48:16
16 "Come near to Me, listen to this:
From the first I have not spoken in secret,
From the time it took place, I was there.
And now the Lord GOD has sent Me, and His Spirit."
NAS

Isaiah 48:16-17

16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
KJV

Isaiah 48:16-17

16 "Come near me and listen to this:

"From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret;
at the time it happens, I am there."

And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me,
with his Spirit.

17 This is what the LORD says--
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
"I am the LORD your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go.
(from New International Version)
These two verses do not establish the Trinity in the OT. The Hebrew word translated LORD is YHWY or Yehovah.

When understood as written and not used to interpret God is 3 in 1 these verse tell us that the I AM has sent His servant with His Spirit.

In Acts 2:36 Peter tells the Jews that Yehovah has made Jesus both Prince and Savior. Jude puts it this way:

Jude 24-25
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
NAS

Read Philippians in view of this and other Messianic prophecies that tell us the Messiah is God's servant, not a God/man:

Isaiah 42:1-3
1 "Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold;
My chosen one in whom My soul delights.
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the nations.
2 "He will not cry out or raise His voice,
Nor make His voice heard in the street.
3 "A bruised reed He will not break,
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;
He will faithfully bring forth justice. NAS

Paul plainly tells us that Jesus did not consider equality with God a thing to be grasped so why interpret what Paul wrote to claim Jesus is equal with God? Paul also tells us in Philippians that God highly exalted Jesus and that at His name not His person every knee will bow.

Paul also tells us:

1 Timothy 2:5-7
5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time. 7 And for this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. NAS

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 06:24 pm

Aineo,

Then rejoice with us who have found salvation in this eternal Lord Jesus Christ. If you can't rejoice with us, then you must really believe we have not found salvation in this eternal Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessings
Jesus Christ is the eternal Lord Jesus Christ. One chooses to enter into the kingdom of God through repentance (Acts 2:38) via the "new birth" (John 3:5-7), thereby receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit. "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you Believed"? (Acts 19:2)

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Mon Feb 20, 2006 07:01 pm

John 10:10 wrote:Aineo,

Then rejoice with us who have found salvation in this eternal Lord Jesus Christ. If you can't rejoice with us, then you must really believe we have not found salvation in this eternal Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessings
How many times must I post that I do rejoice with those who have found salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ?

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Aineo,

Since you seem to say you rejoice with those who have found salvation in the shed blood of the Jesus Christ who was the Word of God who became flesh (John 1:1-2, 14), and is now exalted at the right hand of God the Father as Lord (Acts 2:33, 36), that's the end of the discussion for me.

Blessings

REAPER
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Postby REAPER » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:49 am

Yes, lets rejoice in God our Saviour. (Luke 1:47)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 07:08 pm

I have been stirred in my spirit for years regarding the Triune God as revealed in the OT, and then revealed/manifested in the NT. OT believers did not fully understand the plurality of persons in the ONE Godhead. Many Christians do not understand this either from the OT/NT standpoint. Most Christians believe in the Trinity, but do not understand Scripturally why they believe it. The NT calls this a mystery (1 Tim 3:16). Isaiah 48:12-16 provides the clearest words in the OT regarding the Triune nature of God.

Years ago when I read Watchman Nee's "Spiritual Authority," one of the chapters dealt with Acts 2:36 where it says Jesus was made both Lord and Christ. Watchman Nee said this position honor as Lord was not His before His exaltation to the right hand of God the Father. It was thereby transferred to Him from God the Father who had this position honor before Jesus' incarnation. When I saw Isaiah 48:16 and who was speaking, and how He referred to someone else as Lord God, it all became very clear to me what happened in Acts 2:36.

Blessings

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Wed Feb 22, 2006 08:05 pm

Where do you find God is triune in the OT?
This argument, however, is grievously flawed. In fact, a great number of Trinitarian Christian scholars have long abandoned the notion that Genesis 1:26 implies a plurality of persons in the godhead. Rather, Christian scholars overwhelmingly agree that the plural pronoun in this verse is a reference to God’s ministering angels who were created previously, and the Almighty spoke majestically in the plural, consulting His heavenly court. Let’s read the comments of a number of preeminent Trinitarian Bible scholars on this subject. For example, the evangelical Christian author Gordon J. Wenham, who is no foe of the Trinity and authored a widely respected two-volume commentary on the Book of Genesis, writes on this verse,

Christians have traditionally seen [Genesis 1:26] as adumbrating [foreshadowing] the Trinity. It is now universally admitted that this was not what the plural meant to the original author.1

If you had attended any one of my lectures you would know that the New International Version is hardly a Bible that can be construed as being friendly to Judaism. Yet, the NIV Study Bible also writes in its commentary on Genesis 1:26,

Us . . . Our . . . Our. God speaks as the Creator-king, announcing His crowning work to the members of His heavenly court. (see 3:22; 11:7; Isaiah 6:8; I Kings 22:19-23; Job 15:8; Jeremiah 23:18)2

Charles Caldwell Ryrie, a highly regarded dispensationalist professor of Biblical Studies at the Philadelphia College of Bible and author of the widely read Bible commentary, The Ryrie Study Bible, writes in his short and to-the-point annotation on Genesis 1:26,

Us . . . Our. Plurals of majesty.3

The Liberty Annotated Study Bible, a Bible commentary published by the Reverend Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University, similarly remarks on this verse,

The plural pronoun “Us” is most likely a majestic plural from the standpoint of Hebrew grammar and syntax.4

The 10-volume commentary by Keil and Delitzsch is considered by many to be the most influential exposition on the “Old Testament” in evangelical circles. Yet in its commentary on Genesis 1:26, we find,

The plural “We” was regarded by the fathers and earlier theologians almost unanimously as indicative of the Trinity; modern commentators, on the contrary, regard it either as pluralis majestatis . . . No other explanation is left, therefore, than to regard it as pluralis majestatis . . . .5

http://www.outreachjudaism.org/genesis1-26.html
How do you get a triune God from Isaiah 48:16?
Isaiah 48:16
16 "Come near to Me, listen to this:
From the first I have not spoken in secret,
From the time it took place, I was there.
And now the Lord GOD has sent Me, and His Spirit."
NAS
Yehova "has sent Me, and His Spirit" can tie this in with the other Messianic prophecies where we read the Messiah is God's servant who will be born of a virgin and anointed King, not God Himself.

Tell me John10:10 is your spirit a seperate person? God's Spirit is God Himself.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 01:22 pm

Aineo writes,

Tell me John10:10 is your spirit a seperate person? God's Spirit is God Himself.

Jesus tells us who the Spirit of God is and what He does in John 16,

7 "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
8 "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;
9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me;
11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
12 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.
15 "All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Blessings

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 05:36 pm

The Bible tells us a lot more about the Holy Spirit than what you quoted in John 16.

However, lets stick with the topic of this thread.

Jesus is the Son of God, the Son of Man and Lord.
Matthew 26:62-64
62 And the high priest stood up and said to Him, "Do You make no answer? What is it that these men are testifying against You?" 63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, "I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God." 64 Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven."NAS

Matthew 16:16
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."
NAS

John 3:17-18
18 "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
NAS

God does not need to anoint Himself king of anything and He does not have to appoint Himself to be His own heir. Who does Jesus say will be sitting at the right hand of power and coming in the air? The Son of Man, the title He used for Himself 160 times in the Gospels.

When did the Lord perform His first miracle? At the wedding of Cana after John baptized Him. How did John refer to the Lord?
John 1:29-37

29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! 30 "This is He on behalf of whom I said, 'After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.' 31 "And I did not recognize Him, but in order that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water." 32 And John bore witness saying, "I have beheld the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. 33 "And I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, 'He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the one who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.' 34 "And I have seen, and have borne witness that this is the Son of God."

35 Again the next day John was standing with two of his disciples, 36 and he looked upon Jesus as He walked, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God!" 37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.
NAS
Other than Thomas' exclamation, which of the apostles called Jesus God? None of them! In fact on the day of Pentacost Peter said:
Acts 2:22-28

22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know-- 23 this Man, delivered up by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death. 24 "And God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power. 25 "For David says of Him,

'I was always beholding the Lord in my presence;
For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken.
26'Therefore my heart was glad and my tongue exulted;
Moreover my flesh also will abide in hope;
27 Because Thou wilt not abandon my soul to Hades,
Nor allow Thy Holy One to undergo decay.
28'Thou hast made known to me the ways of life;
Thou wilt make me full of gladness with Thy presence.'
NAS

Acts 2:34-35

'The Lord said to my Lord,
"Sit at My right hand,
35 Until I make Thine enemies a footstool for Thy feet. "'
NAS
Lets take a look at Psalm 110, which Peter quoted in Acts 2:34-35.
Psalms 110:1
The LORD says to my Lord:
"Sit at My right hand,
Until I make Thine enemies a footstool for Thy feet."
NAS
Yehovah says to my Lord (adown, not adonay) sit at my right hand, where Jesus told us was where the Son of Man would be sitting.

Again from Peter:
Acts 3:12-16
13 "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus, the one whom you delivered up, and disowned in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release Him. 14 "But you disowned the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, 15 but put to death the Prince of life, the one whom God raised from the dead, a fact to which we are witnesses. 16 "And on the basis of faith in His name, it is the name of Jesus which has strengthened this man whom you see and know; and the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect health in the presence of you all. NAS
Peter passed up chance after chance to tell the Jews Jesus is God if he actually believed that Jesus was God. What Peter did do was refer to Jesus as God's servant, which the Jews would have understand from the following that Jesus is God's Messiah:
Isaiah 42:1-3
"Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold;
My chosen one in whom My soul delights.
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the nations.
2 "He will not cry out or raise His voice,
Nor make His voice heard in the street.
3 "A bruised reed He will not break,
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;
He will faithfully bring forth justice. NAS

Isaiah 49:1-6
Listen to Me, O islands,
And pay attention, you peoples from afar.
[b]The LORD called Me from the womb;
From the body of My mother He named Me.
2 And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword;
In the shadow of His hand He has concealed Me,
And He has also made Me a select arrow;
He has hidden Me in His quiver.
3 And He said to Me, "You are My Servant, Israel,
In Whom I will show My glory."
4 But I said, "I have toiled in vain,
I have spent My strength for nothing and vanity;
Yet surely the justice due to Me is with the LORD,
And My reward with My God."
5 And now says the LORD, who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant,
To bring Jacob back to Him, in order that Israel might be gathered to Him
(For I am honored in the sight of the LORD,
And My God is My strength),
6 He says, "It is too small a thing that
You should be My Servant
To raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved ones of Israel;
I will also make You a light of the nations
So that My salvation may reach to the end of the earth
." NAS

Isaiah 52:13-15
13 Behold, My servant will prosper,
He will be high and lifted up, and greatly exalted.
14 Just as many were astonished at you, My people,
So His appearance was marred more than any man,
And His form more than the sons of men.
15 Thus He will sprinkle many nations,
Kings will shut their mouths on account of Him;
For what had not been told them they will see,
And what they had not heard they will understand. NAS
Now, back up and read Acts 2:23. John's "logos" is found in what Peter said in Acts.

The Trinity is a doctrine of men developed by Greeks influenced by Greek paganism and Gnosticism. This doctrine had led millions of Catholics and Orthodox into major heresies with their Marian beliefs as well as other dogmas that deny God's revealed truth.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 07:34 pm

Aineo,

The main point you ignore over and over and over is that the eternal Lord Jesus Christ we believe in and know by His indwelling presence gives to us the gift of the Holy Spirit, the same as He did on the Day of Pentecost as He was exalted to the right hand of God the Father.

Maybe this is not good enough for you, but it's good enough for the Lord Jesus we know, love and serve.

Blessings

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 08:49 pm

John 10:10 wrote:Aineo,

The main point you ignore over and over and over is that the eternal Lord Jesus Christ we believe in and know by His indwelling presence gives to us the gift of the Holy Spirit, the same as He did on the Day of Pentecost as He was exalted to the right hand of God the Father.

Maybe this is not good enough for you, but it's good enough for the Lord Jesus we know, love and serve.

Blessings
I am not ignoring anything found in God's word. I have not denied we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit or that God poured out His Spirit on the Day of Pentecost or that the man Jesus Christ was highly exalted:

Philippians 2:9-11
9 Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. NAS

And is the only mediator between God and man:

1 Timothy 2:5-7
5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time. 7 And for this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
NAS

You seem to have chosen to ignore the fact Paul who was chosen by Jesus Himself to be the apostle to both the Jews and gentiles never refers to Jesus as God. You are also ignoring the full context of Acts 2 where Peter refers to Jesus as a man:

Acts 2:22-24

22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know-- 23 this Man, delivered up by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death. 24 "And God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power. NAS

Peter never refers to Jesus as God.

Greeks who were influenced by Greek paganism, Greek philosophy, and Gnosticism developed the doctrine of the Trinity by interpreting Scripture as they pleased with the support and encouragement of Constantine whose main concern was the stability of his empire not God's truth.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 09:33 pm

Ephesians 4 declares,

1 Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called,
2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,
3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

I will rejoice with anyone who has been saved according to Acts 2:38, preserving the unity of the Spirit as best I can until we all attain to the unity of the faith.

Blessings

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:02 pm

Now, since you refuse to address the Scriptures I posted and apparently are not reading my posts lets get down and dirty with God’s word and not opinions of men.

Following is part of a post I made on another message board:

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, and let us reason together,"
Says the LORD,
"Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool. NAS

I have done some further research and now have a valid explanation for Thomas’ exclamation of “My Lord and My God”. It is based in Jewish Law and is called the Law of Agency.
The Law of Agency deals with the status of a person (known as the agent) acting by direction of another (the principal), and thereby legally binding the principal in his connection with a third person. The person who binds a principal in this manner is his agent, known in Jewish law as sheluaḥ or sheliaḥ (one that is sent): the relation of the former to the latter is known as agency (sheliḥut). The general principle is enunciated thus: A man's agent is like himself (Ḳid. 41b). http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view. ... rch=agency
We see this in the OT as well as the NT.

Genesis 33:10
10 And Jacob said, "No, please, if now I have found favor in your sight, then take my present from my hand, for I see your face as one sees the face of God, and you have received me favorably. NAS

We know that no man can see the face of God and live so who did Jacob wrestle with, an agent of God. By understanding this Jewish Law we can also understand Genesis 18:1 where Abraham spoke with Yehovah.

Peter tells us that God appointed Jesus both Prince and Savior. In Hebrews we read where God appointed the man Jesus both His heir and High Priest.

Isaiah 5:13
13 Therefore My people go into exile for their lack of knowledge;
And their honorable men are famished,
And their multitude is parched with thirst. NAS

Hosea 4:6
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being My priest.
Since you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children. NAS

Now, you can reject God’s word and appeal to Greeks whose lack of knowledge has led many astray to follow false doctrines but I think it behooves all of us to increase our knowledge of our Hebraic roots so we can understand God’s truth.

Although the majority of the Jews rejected Jesus as their Savior the fact is Jews were the first evangelists and would have taught as Jews with a full knowledge of the Hebraic roots of our faith. As Paul wrote:

Ephesians 2:19-22
19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together is growing into a holy temple in the Lord; 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit. NAS

You are also ignoring that God hardened the hearts of the Jews so gentiles could be blessed with the gift of His Anointed and Chosen Messiah, the man Jesus Christ.

Psalms 69:22-24

22 May their table before them become a snare;
And when they are in peace, may it become a trap.
23 May their eyes grow dim so that they cannot see,
And make their loins shake continually.
24 Pour out Thine indignation on them,
And may Thy burning anger overtake them.
NAS

Isaiah 29:10
10 For the LORD has poured over you a spirit of deep sleep,
He has shut your eyes, the prophets;
And He has covered your heads, the seers.
NAS

Romans 11:25-27

25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery, lest you be wise in your own estimation, that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fulness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and thus all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,

"The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob."
27 "And this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins." NAS

God will open the eyes of the Jews when the fullness of the gentiles is complete and His Deliverer rules from Zion (Revelation 19 & 20).

Jesus was born of a woman and God appointed Jesus as His agent to bring His salvation to all mankind. When we receive God’s gift of His appointed Savior we also are given God’s Spirit as the earnest of our inheritance. In the OT God’s Spirit is the Holy Spirit of the NT and is not a separate person.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 04:51 pm

Let's summarize where this post has taken us:

(1) I started this discussion by showing how the eternal Jesus Christ was given the position of Lord as He was exalted to the right hand of God the Father.

(2) I also explained how what happened in Acts 2:36 was tied to the Isaiah 48:12-16, John 1:1-14, and Plilippians 2:5-11.

(3) Aieno continues to insist that this understanding of Scripture is incorrect, yet God honors our belief in the eternal Lord Jesus Christ by giving His saving grace to those who repent according to Acts 2:38.

(4) Aineo continues to explain how Scripture only shows that Jesus is a created being, and we should change our beliefs to agree with his beliefs which he believes are correct.

(5) Meanwhile God keeps on blessing sinners with His salavtion who repent, believe and receive the eternal Lord Jesus Christ.

Go figure?

Blessings

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Fri Feb 24, 2006 07:26 pm

Mormon's, JW's, and a mass of false cults believe your first two points so your explanation is inadequate especially since many professed Christians are not saved, they just think they are. Read what Jesus tells us in Matthew 7:15-23, Matthew 24:4-13, and then read what Jesus said in Matthew 22:1-14, which ends with this statement:

"Many are called, but few are chosen."

Tell me John10:10 would you rather defend a doctrine I have shown to be false with God's inerrant word and can be supported only by redefining words and taking Scripture out of context or preach the gospel and obey the Great Commission?

What I find very revealing about your posts is your refusal to take God's word at face value and your refusal to address the Scriptures I have posted.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 04:42 am

Matthew 22:29

But Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.

1 Corinthians 4:20

For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power.

1Cointhians 1:24

But to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

You are sadly mistaken if you continue to believe only those who believe in your created Jesus are true believers. The devils believe and they tremble.

For I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.
2 Tim 1:12

Blessings

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sat Feb 25, 2006 05:21 am

If I am sadly mistaken then why have you refused to show me the error of my ways in believing the OT prophecies, which you have consistenely refused to address?

You have also refused to address the NT Scriptures that put the lie to Jesus being God.

Now unless you are willing to discuss God's word and not simply judge those who do not agree with you then you are being hypocrite.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 04:02 pm

You have departed from the "Statement of Faith" on which this forum was founded, that which was given to us by the Apostles and prophets, and that which was revealed to us in the New Covenant relationship we have with the Lord Jesus Christ. The "Satement of Faith" reads:

We accept the scriptures as our only authority in matters of faith and practice and our understanding of Bible doctrine leads us inexorably to believe:

2. In one God eternally existing in one essence, yet co-equal persons, the Trinity: Father, Son & Holy Spirit.

You have every right to do this, but also have the integrity to change the "Statement of Faith" to agree with your belief that Jesus is a created being.

Meanwhile, Jesus remains Lord at the right hand of God the Father, whether you believe this or not, and gives the gift of the Holy Spirit to all who repent according to Acts 2:38.

Ban me from this forum if you must, but others can clearly see that I speak the truth of Bible Scripture.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sat Feb 25, 2006 08:13 pm

I do not own this message board, so if you have a problem with me you can take it up with the webmaster. It is not my integrity that is at question it is yours since instead of addressing God's word you run to statements of faith and refusing to discuss Scripture that shows the Trinity is an invention of men.
Meanwhile, Jesus remains Lord at the right hand of God the Father, whether you believe this or not, and gives the gift of the Holy Spirit to all who repent according to Acts 2:38.
I have never denied this in fact I have affirmed that Jesus is Lord. You need to set aside your anger and read my posts.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 02:14 am

Aineo writes,

I have never denied this in fact I have affirmed that Jesus is Lord. You need to set aside your anger and read my posts.

To Christians, to say that Jesus is Lord means that He is now Lord in the Godhead. Unless I have misunderstood you, this you do not affirm.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 02:29 am

John 10:10 wrote:Aineo writes,

To Christians, to say that Jesus is Lord means that He is now Lord in the Godhead. Unless I have misunderstood you, this you do not affirm.
You are correct, I do not affirm that Jesus is God based on God's word.

You see John10:10 the Bible trumps doctrine any day of the week.

Here is just one reason why I reject the concept of the Trinity:

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him. NAS

Jesus said the same thing when He said:

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. NAS

Which is what David prophesied in Psalm 110:

Psalms 110:1
A Psalm of David.

The LORD says to my Lord:
"Sit at My right hand,
Until I make Thine enemies a footstool for Thy feet." NAS

This would be better translated "Yehovah said to my Lord, since the Hebrew word translated LORD is YHWH the Jews covenant name for God.

Now unless you can find me a Scripture that states God is three persons the only way you can come up with a triune God is to interpret words and passages of Scripture taken out of context.

Also since you are not God you don't have the right or authority to decide who is and is not a Christian since the gospel of Jesus Christ does not include a requirement that anyone believe in the doctrine of the Trinity or that Jesus is God.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 01:28 pm

Aineo writes,

Now unless you are willing to discuss God's word and not simply judge those who do not agree with you then you are being hypocrite.

I guess it's OK by forum rules to call someone a hypocrite, but it's not OK to say one thinks he can find eternal life by searching the Scriptures instead of coming to Jesus (John 5:39-40).

Can you answer just one further question for me?

What further temporal or eternal relationship can I have with God that I don't already have if I turn from the eternal Lord Jesus Christ that I believe to this created being Jesus that you believe?
Last edited by John 10:10 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 02:46 pm

Read what you quoted carefully, I did not call you a hypocrite. As to John 5:39-40 I have not posted I can find eternal life in the Scriptures. Now tell me why Paul call the Bereans more nobel-minded than the Thessalonicans because the Bereans searched the Scriptures daily to see if what Paul taught was true? Also why did Paul instruct Timothy to study to show himself approved in 2 Timothy 2:15?
What further temporal or eternal relationship can I have with God that I don't already have if I turn from the eternal Lord Jesus Christ that I believe to this created being Jesus that you believe?
The Jesus I believe in is the Jesus of the Bible and why do you have to be so judgemental? I have found that Trinitarians always resort to sarcarsm and ridicule when the Trinity is questioned, which makes me wonder why those who claim they are right cannot act more Christlike.

You use the KJ don't you?
1 John 3:4
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. KJV
The 10 Commandments is the prologue of the Law in which you read:

Deuteronomy 5:7-10
7'You shall have no other gods before Me.

8'You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 9'You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10 but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. NAS

When asked what is the great commandment Jesus said:

Matthew 22:37-38
37 And He said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 "This is the great and foremost commandment. NAS

Jesus quoted from Deuteronomy 6.

Deuteronomy 6:4-7

4 "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! 5 "And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; 7 and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. NAS

Read verse 4 carefully and with discernment. "The LORD" is Yehovah. Yehovah is our God (elohiym), Yehovah is one. Now unless God was playing word games do you honestly believe the apostles believed and taught that God is 3 not 1?

What happens to those who refuse to repent of sin and what is sin?

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:29 pm

I continue to ask, what further temporal or eternal relationship can I have with God that I don't already have if I turn from the eternal Lord Jesus Christ that I believe to this created being Jesus that you believe?

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:47 pm

John 10:10 wrote:I continue to ask, what further temporal or eternal relationship can I have with God that I don't already have if I turn from the eternal Lord Jesus Christ that I believe to this created being Jesus that you believe?
Full obedience to Jesus Christ who is our Lord especially since Jesus Himself told us the Father is the only true God in John 17:3.

You see John10:10 I am not going to judge you or your relationship with the Lord the way some Trinitarians do those who reject the Trinity. You need to make up your own mind concerning the doctrine of the Trinity and believing Jesus is God when Jesus never lays claim to being God and none of the apostles who wrote the NT tells us Jesus is God. And don't think John's prologue makes your case since Jesus denies the validity of the Trinitarian interpretation of John's prologue in John 17:3.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:11 pm

I do not judge you for your non-Trintarian beliefs. You, me and every man that has ever lived will be judged on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus. Rom 2:16

I have full confidence that the eternal Lord Jesus Christ who has given me the gift of His salvation and in whom I worship will provide adequate defense for me when I stand before Him. This Jesus has not failed me nor any other Believer I know of yet.

Blessings

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:55 pm

If your confidence is so real then why are you avoiding addressing Scripture that shows the Trinity is a manmade doctrine, like John 17:3? Is your faith in the Lord or is your faith in a doctrine you think defines the Lord?

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 01:17 pm

Aineo writes,

Is your faith in the Lord or is your faith in a doctrine you think defines the Lord?

My faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ for in Him we live and move and exist. (Acts 17:28)

My faith is in the saving life of Christ, For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. (Romans 5:10)

My faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. (2 Cor 3:6)

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Mon Feb 27, 2006 04:05 pm

Great, so the only thing we differ about is the Trinity.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 07:13 pm

Aineo writes,

Great, so the only thing we differ about is the Trinity.

Yes, that's basically true from a salvation standpoint.

But belief in your created Jesus Christ causes one to misunderstand all the other Scriptures dealing with the Lord Jesus Christ and His relationship with His heavenly Father.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Mon Feb 27, 2006 09:15 pm

John 10:10 wrote:But belief in your created Jesus Christ causes one to misunderstand all the other Scriptures dealing with the Lord Jesus Christ and His relationship with His heavenly Father.
What Scriptures are you thinking of? Jesus said He and the Father are I. In John 17 Jesus says those who believe are one with both the Father and the Son and you don't believe you are a god do you?

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 03:38 pm

When we stand before the Lord Jesus Christ in 2 Cor 5:10, then we will both know who Jesus really is.

Meanwhile, God is not blasphemed nor is Jesus dishonored as I worship the Lord Jesus Christ as God.

Blessings

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Tue Feb 28, 2006 03:57 pm

John 10:10 wrote:Meanwhile, God is not blasphemed nor is Jesus dishonored as I worship the Lord Jesus Christ as God.

Blessings
Are you sure God is not blasphemed as you worship the Lord Jesus Christ as God? Jesus told us there is only one true God and Paul told us there is but one God, the Father.

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 05:54 pm

Aineo writes,

Are you sure God is not blasphemed as you worship the Lord Jesus Christ as God?

Yes, I'm sure.

The Lord Jesus Christ tells me so every day as He walks and talks with me, telling me I am His own.

"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father." (John 10:14-15)

If you do not hear the good shepherd speaking these words to you, maybe it's because ..................

The podium is now all yours.

Blessings

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Tue Feb 28, 2006 06:04 pm

On the other hand, those who believe Jesus is God are the ones with the podium all to themselves. Do you honestly believe that Paul believed the doctrine of the Trinity since he wrote "for us there is but one God, the Father"? Did Paul lie to the Corinthians?

Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby John 10:10 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 01:28 pm

One more word and I'm finished.

Aineo asks,

Did Paul lie to the Corinthians?

According to Aineo's beliefs, Paul must have lied when he said,

"and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things."

Blessings

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 06:21 pm

I answered your interpretation of 1 Corinthians 8:6 on the other thread. And like many people out to defend a doctrine you have chosen to ignore the some words in Scripture. In this case the words you have chosen to ignore and/or interpret are "but for us".

Return to “Trinity Debate”