"Saved" no matter what?

Religious Cults & False Prophets ~ Discussions and Debates
HOGCALLER
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

"Saved" no matter what?

Postby HOGCALLER » Wed Jul 13, 2005 04:59 am

This thread was started to continue a discussion begun in another thread where it was off topic. First let me bring everybody up to speed on what has already been said:

burwelm wrote:Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 09:51 pm

John 3:16 is an open invitation to everyone but not everyone is open to it. Maybe one day everyone will be open to it. Only God knows people's hearts, though. But, God is not willing that any should perrish. The person must chose to listen to God before God can soften their heart. Both God and the person must be willing at the same time and meet up by the person listening to the words of God and wanting to understand them. For salvation to occur, there must be mutual feelings concerning both parties. God is already open to the person, but the person must open up to God. Otherwise it is impossible for the person to know God. Salvation is a relationship with God. It is about knowing God. God has chosen to give people free will and so that means that God cannot save a person through force, which would be spiritual rape. To have a relationship with God, therefore the person must make a conscious effort to try to know God. A person must WANT to know God and through faith communicate with Him. The person must choose to try and communicate with God before the person will be able to begin the personal relationship with God and know god on the intimate level of salvation. Salvation is about spiritual intimacy with God and confiding in God and trusting Him and loving Him because of His love for the person him/herself.

HOGCALLER wrote:Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:49 am

You say: “Maybe one day everyone will be open to it.”

Consider this: If that is a true statement then how can Jesus’ words found at Matthew 7:13-14 (13 “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.”) be true?

You say: “The person must chose to listen to God before God can soften their heart.”

Consider this: The above statement is not correct. Yes a person must “[choose] to listen to God” but it is the individual, not God or Satan, that does the ‘softening or hardening’ of one’s own heart; otherwise and the responsibility is removed from the individual. That would allow him to rightly claim before God’s judge: “It is not my fault! Softening of my heart was not done for me!” Or, “It is not my fault! Hardening of my heart was done to me!”

Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but is it not the case that healthy relationships are built only when there is good two-way communication. So please tell me how is it that God speaks to me, you, and everyone else; tell us please, to what do you “listen”?

You say: “Salvation is a relationship with God. It is about knowing God.”

Consider this: Satan has a relationship with God. The demons know God and his son. While those things are involved obviously neither is the key or main factor, so what is? How is it that one avoids being in the group that Jesus addresses at Matthew 7:21-23? Those ones certainly seem to “think” they are “saved” but according to Jesus they are not. According to Jesus’ words what were those ones missing? It can be answered in one word. (Hint: Satan, the demons, Adam and Eve, all those ones _______ God and lost/lose his favor as a result. The opposite of what they did/do is the main or key factor to having God’s favor.)

You say: “To have a relationship with God, therefore the person must make a conscious effort to try to know God.”

Consider this: That statement is true as far as it goes but something more is needed for you are still missing the main factor. Let me ask you, are you saying those ones Jesus speaks to at Matthew 7:21-23 do not “make a conscious effort to try to know God” and that is why he rejects them? What’s the real deal Lucille?

What kind of “knowledge” of God is required? Please read this post: http://www.jesus-christ-forums.com/home/viewtopic ... ght=#58950.

burwelm wrote:Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 09:03 pm

1 Timothy 2:3-6 says- "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; Who WILL HAVE ALL MEN TO BE SAVED, AND TO COME TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in due time."

Jesus is going to make sure that everyone eventually understands the truth. When a person finally understand's the truth they will choose to be saved. The invitation is open to all. It is not understood by all but all eventually will understand.

This is what God says to me through the Bible. He may say something different to you. I know there are plenty of things I don't understand in the Bible but this is one concept that I believe that I do understand.

Now that everyone is up to speed let me resume the discussion replying to the above by continuing below:

DEVOUT

HOGCALLER
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Postby HOGCALLER » Wed Jul 13, 2005 05:02 am

burwelm,

Your quotation above is not the only way those verses can be rendered. In fact several Bibles render them quite differently. For example 1Timothy 2:1-7: “I therefore exhort, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, offerings of thanks, be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high station; in order that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with full godly devotion and seriousness. 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all sorts of people—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. 7 For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth.” As you can see there clearly are other ways to understand those verses. I have not quoted the above as a basis for a debate about Bibles or words; rather it is quoted only to help open your mind to the possibility of another reasonable understanding.

It might also be helpful to some to know that the idea of “universal salvation” came about primarily as a response or backlash to another equally wrong teaching—“eternal torment.” To proponents of “universal salvation” or Universalists it seemed incredible that God would torture his creatures in a burning hell without end and without any results, therefore they conjectured that all hellish torment was remedial and would end as soon as it had accomplished its purpose and at some future point “all” would “choose” salvation. (I do not see much of a “choice” given those options, do you?). One thing is for certain those two wrongs did not make a right but we do now understand that they were at least well meaning even though wrong. Also given the commonly accepted alternatives it is easy to understand why some would prefer the rendering and understanding that you present.

From Genesis to Revelation the Bible makes it clear that some will not gain salvation. In passing judgment on Adam God said: “For dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19) That sentence said you are going back to what you were before. What was Adam before he “became a living soul”? He was nonexistent! Therefore God’s words mean annihilation, not salvation, for Adam. Also remember Adam did not die due to inherited Adamic sin/death that means he died the other death, “second death”. Regarding the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah we are told at Jude 7 that it is “placed before us as a warning example by undergoing” judicial everlasting punishment. At Revelation 21:8 we read that all the wicked will have their portion “in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur. This means the second death.” Nothing is said about a redemption or a resurrection from this other or second death.

Yes, Jesus Christ will “destroy him who had the empire of death, that is to say, the devil” (Hebrews 2:14). The wicked are as “vessels of wrath made fit for destruction” (Romans 9:22). Their name “shall rot” (Proverbs 10:7). The “goats” are told to depart “into everlasting cutting-off” (Matthew 25:46). According to the dictionary, to destroy means to bring to an end, to put out of existence, and destruction means extinction, extirpation, annihilation. Those words and the ideas they convey are repeated over and over through out the Bible and cannot be contradicted by the verses you quoted.

Unable to reconcile a God of love with eternal punishment in the form of torment, Universalists made the punishment of limited duration. Instead they should have eliminated the erroneous belief regarding torment, but allowed the duration of the punishment to be eternal. Annihilation, destruction, extirpation, extinction are eternal punishment, but they do not involve conscious eternal suffering and are therefore compatible with a God of love.

Another reason that Universalists made their mistake is their holding to the erroneous teaching of the immortality of all souls. Believing that all intelligent creatures, once coming into existence, must continue to live forever, they concluded that, since it is unthinkable that God would uselessly torment them forever, eventually all such will be reconciled to God.

But the Bible nowhere says that immortality is an inherent quality of all intelligent souls. On the contrary it tells us that “the soul that sins shall die” (Ezekiel 18:4), that no man “can deliver his soul from the power of Sheol” (Psalm 89:48), viz. gravedom or the common condition of those brought down by Adamic or first death, and that Christ “poured out his soul to death” (Isaiah 53:12). And also that Christians are now seeking incorruptibleness and in the resurrection will put on or be clothed with immortality (Romans 2:7; 1Corinthians 15:53-54).

“The wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23) If all were to receive life regardless, it would not be a gift—it would be a due or a right to be worked at until earned. A gift implies a choice. God’s Word shows the alternatives for his creatures to be, not life in happiness or life in torment, but life or death. The fact is that all God’s intelligent creatures have but that one choice put before them. It is the exact same choice that was put before Adam—obey and live forever or not obey and not live forever “for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.” (Genesis 2:17) The exact same choice was also put before Israel: “I have put life and death before you.” (Deuteronomy 30:19) Make no mistake that is the only choice before us all. If man does not appreciate life sufficiently to live it in harmony with God’s righteous laws, then he loses it. Such is wise, just and loving on God’s part. Just as Adam and Eve did not appreciate life and so were returned to the dust, likewise all intelligent creatures who do not appreciate life will have extinction as their destiny.

With all the wicked to be destroyed in God’s due time, it must follow that then all that live will be submitting themselves to God and Christ Jesus so that God will be all things to all that live. And then, too, every knee will bend and every tongue will confess that Christ is Lord, for the knees and the tongues of the wicked will have been destroyed. Similarly time and again when the term “all” is used in the Greek Scriptures, “all kinds” or, per Thayer’s, “some of all types” is meant, not literally “all” or all inclusive and with no exception. A case in point is Acts 2:17. According to most translations God there states: “I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh.” Now we know that at Pentecost God’s spirit was not poured out literally upon all flesh, but only on a comparative few. But God did pour it out on ‘sons and daughters, young men and old men, on men slaves and women slaves.’ Therefore a better rendering would read: “I shall pour some of my spirit out upon every kind of flesh.” The same is true regarding Romans 5:18 and 1Timothy 2:3, 4.

Can there be harm to the teaching that eventually all intelligent creatures that ever lived will be reconciled to God? Yes, because first of all it robs God of his glory as one worthy to be worshiped by free moral agents. Further, it makes void the very issue for which God has permitted mankind to remain and in which he takes the greatest delight, namely, Can intelligent creatures keep integrity in spite of all that Satan can do to turn them aside through temptations or persecution? Why should God have directed Satan’s attention to Job’s integrity-keeping course if all mankind and even Satan himself eventually will become reconciled to God and gain everlasting life?

Today universal salvation is a snare of the Devil to throw Christians off guard by promising them salvation regardless of what they do or do not do. By subscribing to universal salvation some of these ones, perhaps unconsciously, make room for themselves in spite of their willful practice of gross sin. Although many well-meaning professed Christians from the second to the twenty-first century have taught universal salvation, the Bible does not teach it. God is love, but he is also just. In love he offers everlasting life to those who meet his conditions, and in justice he has decreed that those who spurn his gift merit everlasting death.

Now let me simplify it for you.

Matthew 7:13-14: “Go in through the narrow gate. The gate to destruction is wide, and the road that leads there is easy to follow. A lot of people go through that gate. 14 But the gate to life is very narrow. The road that leads there is so hard to follow that only a few people find it.” Either Jesus was not telling it as it actually is when he stated that there are two roads and two outcomes or you are not telling it as it actually is when you claim that there is only one road and one outcome, which is it?

Either Paul was not telling it as it actually is when he stated at Hebrews 6:4-6: “For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.” Or you are not telling it as it actually is when you claim that it is possible for those traitorous apostates to again be renewed to repentance, which is it?

DEVOUT

burwelm
Preacher
Preacher

Postby burwelm » Wed Jul 13, 2005 05:29 pm

I was taught that the KJV is the only English Bible translation that can be trusted. I don't know if this is true but it is the only one I trust.The other translations just don't speak to me for some reason. They seem foreign and strange. The KJV probably seems that way to you. It's fine for me that you don't use the KJV but your take on everything will probably be a little different than mine. I guess it would be interesting to learn just how different these two translations are.

Revelation 16:15 says- "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. "

People who live as God would have them live will be blessed and those who do not will not. Christians can live in sin but why would they want to- the results will not be good.

Revelation 22:12 -Jesus says- "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

Jesus is the reward Christians get. The reward is knowing that Jesus is pleased with the work you have done. The reward is the pleasure Jesus gets out of what yur work was.

Revelation 22:14 says- "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates of the city.(new Jerusalem) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."

verse 17: "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

I think that verse 17 is saying the same thing that Isaiah 11:10 says- "And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious."

I think that Revelation is about the fulfillment of Jesus' kingdom and Isaiah is about the start of it. Isaiah still applies in Revelation. I think that Revelation also applies in Isaiah.

Revelation 20:4-6 says- "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had recieved his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years "

Isaiah 11:11 also seems to spaek of the second death: "And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again a second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea."

Revelation 20:7-8 says- "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to decieve the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea"

So I think that that verse goes along with Isaiah 11:12 which says- "And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth."

Isaiah 12:1-2 says "And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord, JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation."
Verse 4: "And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted."

Romans 10:13 says "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved."

Romans 10:9-10 says- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Romans 14:11 says -"For it is written, AS I LIVE, SAITH THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESS TO GOD."

2 Peter 2:4 says that "God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment."

Even Satan's angels will confess their sins to God. They will bow down to God.

2 Corinthians 5:17 says - "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

The old creature is destroyed. It is passed away. We are baptized into Jesus's death.
Romans 6:3- "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" Romans 6:6 says- "our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."

Matthew 3:11 John says of Jesus: "he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"

Deuteronomy 4:24 says: "For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God."

I Corinthians 3:13-15- "Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall recieve a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

I think that the old creatures will be thrown in the Lake of Fire and consumed and the new creatures will be purified from the old creature.

Malachi 3:2-3 "But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering of righteousness."

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Wed Jul 13, 2005 06:21 pm

Proof texting is nothing more than quote mining in an attempt to establish false doctrine. All mankind will not be saved.

The Isaiah passage you quoted deals only with the Hebrews who Jesus will gather from the 4 corners of the earth during His 1000 year reign, this does not apply to all mankind. In fact:
Revelation 20:7-10

7 And when the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, 8 and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore. 9 And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
NAS
As to the KJ Bible be the best translation this has been discussed before. The fact is the KJ although a good translation is far from perfect or even the best.

burwelm
Preacher
Preacher

Postby burwelm » Wed Jul 13, 2005 08:53 pm

Well I think everyone will be saved. You can think whatever you want. I'm not taking verses out of context- I'm rightly dividing the word of truth. The people in the church who had Jesus crucified basically said that He was taking verses out of context and blaspeming the truth of the Bible.

Malachi 2:17 says- "Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say. Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?"

I'm not saying that God sees people who evil as good. What I am saying is that we are all sinners. The only way we can be good is through God.

Romans 7:18- "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh, ) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not."

Being saved is through faith because being saved is believing that it is possible to perform good and, through the knowledge and power of God, performing good.

If a person does not believe that there is such thing as good and evil in their heart they are not saved. How can a person do good if they do not know what good is? The angels that fell are living in darkness.

James 2:19- "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

The devils do know know God. They have never personally experienced the goodness of God and so they cannot be saved because they have never experienced good. They have no idea what goodness is. They think that God is evil because evil is all they see and all that they know. All that they have witnessed of God is his wrath. They have never experienced love. They turned away from God before he could let them know his love. Now they are lost.

Isaiah 53:12 says that Jesus "was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

Isaiah 53:6 says "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

There are plenty of parables where Jesus talked about his flock. Isaiah says that everyone is like a sheep. In his parable Jesus said that if a sheep is lost the shepard searches for that sheep till it is found. Jesus doesn't lose any of his sheep to death.

In the parable of the prodigal's son, when the boy returns and asks forgiveness the father is overjoyed and welcomes him back immediately. In another parable a man hires men to work for him and all through the day he keeps hiring men and at the end of the day the men who worked one hour get the same pay as the men who worked all day and the men who worked all day were upset because they thought it wasn't fair- but they got the pay they had been promised. God can do whatever he wants. God doesn't have to follow the "rules". Love is the only law.

(Omega)
Preacher
Preacher

Postby (Omega) » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:54 pm

Universalism is an alluring and deceptive doctrine that has its roots in the Garden of Eden when the serpent told Eve "Ye shall not surely die"

The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had (not been born). (Matthew 26:24)

In the context of that verse, Jesus is clearly stating it would have been better if Judas Iscariot had never existed! If Judas could one day be redeemed than it would be better for him to have been born.

burwelm, with all do respect, I haven't seen one scriptural proof which ultimately proves the Salvation of all mankind. Provide scriptures and explain them in their proper context and we can go from there.

God Bless!

burwelm
Preacher
Preacher

Postby burwelm » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:52 am

Some people are miscarried or aborted before they are ever born. He didn't say it would have been better for him to never have been concieved. I don't know that everyone will be saved and you don't know that everyone won't be saved. Only God knows. I'm not going to believe that everyone will not be saved until I know for a fact. I'm not convinced. :o

burwelm
Preacher
Preacher

Postby burwelm » Thu Jul 14, 2005 01:15 am

It will be alot harder for Judas to ever forgive himself than it will be for God to ever forgive him. Think about it,Juda was definitely sorry for what he had done. He accepted money for betraying Jesus and after seeing what happened to Jesus and seeing how Jesus handled it, he went insane. He tried to give the money back but they would not take it back so he threw it at them. He went and hanged himself. He repented every way he knew possible. Do you know how terrible it would be to have to go through all eternity knowing you were responsible for the crucifiction of Jesus after having witnessed the crucifiction and having been with Jesus through everything and pretending to be his friend but the whole time never accepting Jesus really. Think about how terrible that would be. Of course he will be tormented for all eternity by that knowledge of what he did. I see no reason why he cannot be forgiven, though. After he betrayed Jesus, Judas definitely wished he had never been born since he went and hanged himself. God didn't make hell. It is something people make for themselves and send themselves there by their actions. It is spiritual. Judas will never be able to allow himself to experience alot of joy because of his knowledge of what he did. Anyone can be sorry for what they did and repent. Anyone can be forgiven by God. No one can change the past. That is what I think. :-?

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Thu Jul 14, 2005 01:23 am

Okay, since you advocate a doctrine that denies Biblical truth as well as what has been historically taught by every major Christian denomination you have demonstrated your beliefs are cultish, which means you are not allowed to post in the Christians Only Forums. Therefore this thread is being move one more time.

burwelm
Preacher
Preacher

Postby burwelm » Thu Jul 14, 2005 01:39 am

And another thing. Everytime Judas sees Jesus he will be reminded of what he did to Jesus.
In Luke 23:24 Jesus says: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."

In Luke 11:9 Jesus says: "Ask, and it shall be given you." and in 10-"For every one that asketh recieveth."

Jesus asked God to forgive "them". I would assume that "them" includes everyone because when people sin the are decieved and do not know what they are doing in truth.

Jesus always lived by faith. All His words were in faith. Jesus asked in faith that God forgive "them" and I believe that God does forgive "them". It would "kill" me to know that I had betrayed Jesus. It would be eternal death of something inside of me. It would be hell. It would be eternal punishment having to live with myself knowing I was the person who betrayed Jesus, but Jesus forgives. God forgives. There is a verse somewhere in one of the gospels that says something to the extent of- if a person is forgiven much they will love much. One reason I love Jesus so much is that He has forgiven me of so much. Jesus said that what I do to people I am doing to Him. I belive that there is still something good left for anyone who surrenders to Jesus. people are made in the image of God. I think that that means that people have a thirst and love for truth and that this desire for truth is bigger than anyone's person. :(

(Omega)
Preacher
Preacher

Postby (Omega) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 01:40 am

burwelm wrote:Some people are miscarried or aborted before they are ever born. He didn't say it would have been better for him to never have been concieved. I don't know that everyone will be saved and you don't know that everyone won't be saved. Only God knows. I'm not going to believe that everyone will not be saved until I know for a fact. I'm not convinced. :o

burwelm wrote:Some people are miscarried or aborted before they are ever born. He didn't say it would have been better for him to never have been concieved. I don't know that everyone will be saved and you don't know that everyone won't be saved. Only God knows. I'm not going to believe that everyone will not be saved until I know for a fact. I'm not convinced. :o

burwelm, no matter how you try and conform that passage in scripture to prove otherwise, it clearly says better of Judas if he had never existed "not been born" (ou gennao), which literally means having never given birthed to. Secondly the scriptures do prove that not all will be saved:

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. (Daniel 12:2) The Hebrew word for everlasting is "owlam" which can mean an eternity or for a long duration of time. In the same context the word everlasting "owlam" is used to describe everlasting life. If the shame and contempt is not everlasting "owlam", then neither is everlasting life.

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (2 Thessalonians 1:9) The bible uses the words punished with everlasting destruction (dike tino aionios olethros) to show that the LORD will recompense with eternal destruction proving that the unsaved will be lost forever.

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. (Mark 3:29) Jesus is stating that the one who is guilty of blasphemy against the Holy Ghost "hath" (in the present tense) never forgiveness (ou eis aion aphesis), literally meaning that persons is already condemend without the possiblity of parole.

One of the most common causes of defection from the faith is personal interpretation and reasoning, along with compromising the truth to accomodate their doctrine. I'd rather put my TRUST in what the scriptures definitively prove rather then lean towards personal opinion and doctrines of men. Bottom line, the truth hurts but nevertheless its still the truth, and Gods word is immutable.

God Bless!

burwelm
Preacher
Preacher

Postby burwelm » Thu Jul 14, 2005 02:27 am

Aineo, you ignore all kinds of verses in the Bible. You are such a big hypocrite. I'm doing my best to do what God and Jesus would have me do and you have no right to tell me that I am cultish.

Jesus wants us to be divided on our thinking because God says different things to everyone.

Luke 12:51- "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division."

I don't even ignore verses. I take the Bible as a whole. I know there is a hell but I do not know exactly what it is. I do not know exactly what the lake of fire is either. I think that they are spiritual. Jesus and God never went into detail about what these things are.

Honestly, I think that some people need to hear that hell is a literal real place and other people need to hear that it isn't.

Jude 22-23- "And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh."

It really blows my mind how youcan take verses like John 6:53-54 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood , ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
And it is so easy for you to say that eat my flesh and drink my blood is not literal but spiritual.
But then in verses like Mark 9:43- "And if thy hand offend thee, cut if off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched."
And then you can say that Jesus doesn't literally mean to cut off your hand, that that is spiritual, but then, when it gets to the part about hell, you say that that part is literal.

Do you know why I I emphasize so much that I do not think hell is literal- it is because I am so sick of people who think hell is literal turning so many people off to God and the Bible-

It doesn't make sense how so many Christians have so little faith in love. Love, forgiveness, mercy- they are the most powerful forces there are.

Romans 2:17-21- "Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?"

I know that there are people who do need to be scared into believing by the concept of hell being literal- but there seem to me to be many more who need to hear that it is not.

There are some people who do not really know anything but the physical- but these days there are so many people who know spiritual and emotional abuse that the concept of hell being literal makes it impossible for them to accept Christ. I makes it impossible for them to trust him.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:59 pm

burwelm, the last resort of any person who cannot defend their cultish beliefs is to label those who disagree hypocrites. Judas knew what he was doing while the Roman soilders did not. Those who reject God's truth have judged themselves and you reject God's truth in favor of a universalist theology that is not found in Scripture. You have taken prophecies that apply to the Hebrews and applied them to the entire world, which only indicates a lack of discernment.

burwelm
Preacher
Preacher

Postby burwelm » Thu Jul 14, 2005 04:12 pm

I have decided to apply Proverbs 20:3 to this situation: "It is an honor for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling." :oops:

Sevryn45
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Sevryn45 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 03:21 pm

burwelm the bible does not have contradictions, there are 2 ressurections one for the Just and the other for the unjust. Our Lord Jesus comes to Judge the living and the dead my friend, some will awaken to everlasting life and others to everlasting damnation.

Put your trust in scriptures rather then human resoning, God's foolishness my friend is still infinately more wise then the wisest human being.

3First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." 5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
2 Peter 3:3-7

14So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
2 Peter 3:14-16

Peace Brother I truley hope you devote yourself for the next few months to carefull study of scriptures; Please pay more attention to immediate and broader context of scripture.
"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."
John 14:20

Return to “Religious Cults & False Prophets~ Discussions and Debates”