Preacher
Preacher

Codes in the Torah ?

Postby On My Way » Fri Jun 10, 2005 06:26 pm

Has anyone heard of this?

This page talks about the hidden codes found in the Torah
talking about Hitler and Sadam and all kinds of other things

http://www.direct.ca/trinity/code.html

It kinda blew my mind since it is easily disproved by computers but it hasn't been. Or has it been? I just ran accross this page and I'm still researching it

If you get a chance check out this page. I would love to talk about it.

Thanks
The Professionals built the Titanic and the amateur built the Ark. Go figure

beads
Preacher
Preacher

Postby beads » Fri Jun 10, 2005 07:31 pm

Well, the first thing that you see when you open the link is a big banner saying "Special Notice: The conclusions of this Paper have been invalidated with New Research findings." So while it might be an interesting paper, it looks like it's been debunked.

I've always been skeptical about things like this: codes in the Bible or Qu'ran, or Nostradamus' writings, etc. Mainly because they all "prophesy" about things that are in the past. If you start with something that you know has already happened, I bet you could find/create a code for in almost any book, and make it seem like that book prophesied it. I'm sure I could find my exact name in the Bible if I spent long enough looking for the code.

What you don't see is any of these codes prophesying things that have not happened yet. The Bible does have future prophesies, but they are still pending. Once those start to come true, it will be interesting to see how the unsaved treat them. Probably the same way I'm treating this - they'll say things like "Oh, you're just fitting what is happening in the world into some coded fairytale that you think the Bible teaches, but it's really all just a coincidence."
“That’s the problem with science. You’ve got a bunch of empiricists trying to describe things of unimaginable wonder.”

On My Way
Preacher
Preacher

Postby On My Way » Sat Jun 11, 2005 02:21 am

:oops:

Wow I did not even see that banner or if I did I surely did not read it.

Boy do I feel like a dope
But in my defense I almost never read banners

Guess I'll start now
The Professionals built the Titanic and the amateur built the Ark. Go figure

Return to “Archived”