According to the Qur'an what is the Torah and the Gospel?

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
Aineo
Admin
Admin

According to the Qur'an what is the Torah and the Gospel?

Postby Aineo » Fri Mar 25, 2005 06:39 am

003:047* She said: My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal hath touched me? He said: So (it will be). Allah createth what He will. If He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.

003:048* And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel,

003:049* And will make him a messenger unto the Children of Israel, (saying): Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord. Lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Allah's leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah's leave. And I announce unto you what ye eat and what ye store up in your houses. Lo! herein verily is a portent for you, if ye are to be believers.

003:050* And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me.

003:051* Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.
http://quranbrowser.com/cgi/bin/get.cgi ... =003:47-51
If Allah has confirmed the Torah and according to the Torah Isaac is the son of the promise not Ishmael and it is through Isaac not Ishmael that God will fulfill His purpose for mankind then Muhammad is nothing more than a footnote in history and not a prophet of God.

And what is the Gospel? The Gospel is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. Jesus said:
John 14:5-7
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. 7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him." NAS

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Fri Mar 25, 2005 08:32 am

Isn't this a contradiction within the Qur'an?
003:063* And if they turn away, then lo! Allah is Aware of (who are) the corrupters.

003:064* Say: O People of the Scripture! Come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords beside Allah. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto Him).

003:065* O People of the Scripture! Why will ye argue about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed till after him? Have ye then no sense?

003:066* Lo! ye are those who argue about that whereof ye have some knowledge: Why then argue ye concerning that whereof ye have no knowledge? Allah knoweth. Ye know not.

003:067* Abraham was not a Jew, nor yet a Christian; but he was an upright man who had surrendered (to Allah), and he was not of the idolaters.
http://quranbrowser.com/cgi/bin/get.cgi ... =003:63-67
First the Torah is confirmed and then what the Torah plainly teaches concerning Abraham is questioned.

Who is confused; Muhammad or Allah?

TwentyTwenty
New Convert
New Convert

Postby TwentyTwenty » Fri Apr 08, 2005 08:23 pm

Moses' Torah + added Kabbalah + altered scriptures= today's unholy old testament ..no wonder you're confused ..

Loki
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Loki » Fri Apr 08, 2005 08:40 pm

TwentyTwenty wrote:Moses' Torah + added Kabbalah + altered scriptures= today's unholy old testament ..no wonder you're confused ..

uhhh since when is the Kabbalah included in the old testament canon???

and what are the 'altered scriptures' you are reffering too? can you proof this? without quoting the opinion of a 6th century merchant?

if anyone's confused it must be you...
Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still. Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still. Whoever is filthy, let him be filthy still. Listen to the words long written down, When the man comes around.

H2O
Preacher
Preacher

Postby H2O » Sat Apr 09, 2005 03:21 am

Aineo wrote:If Allah has confirmed the Torah and according to the Torah Isaac is the son of the promise not Ishmael and it is through Isaac not Ishmael that God will fulfill His purpose for mankind then Muhammad is nothing more than a footnote in history and not a prophet of God.

Aineo of course you are looking at those verses with a Biblical prestige. There is no such thing in our beliefs of a promise to Isaac and depriving Ishamael. We believe both brothers, Isaac and Ishmael, were both blessed by Alllaah.

The word "confirm" does not mean what your Christian prestige think it is. The word confirm is translated from the Arabic word "musaddiq" which means "a truth verifier an authenticator".

When Jesus said in 3:50 in context with 3:49 ".. wa musaddiqa-llimaa bayna yadayya min-at-tawraati...." meaning "...and (I am) a truth verifier for whatever is at hand before me from the Torah..."

Jesus being a Musaddiq him self was to establish the true Torah which was taught to him from Alllaah to confirm what was false and what was true in that which was at hand before him that was from the Torah.

You perception of the word "confirm" is deluded and far from how muslims read and understand their book.

Aineo wrote:And what is the Gospel? The Gospel is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. Jesus said:

In Christianity but not in Islam. This is your problem you are trying to understand our book based on you indoctrinated teachings which is not how we understand our book.

The Arabic word for Gospel is "Injeel" it means good news or glad tiding.

As the Quran has tought us some of these Good News his people recieved was that some of those things which were prohibited to them from the Torah were now being being made permisable for them, to teach them mercy and forgiveness, and also the news of a successor to come after him. This is the Gospel or the Injeel we understand and believe teh Son of Maryam preached.

Aineo wrote:First the Torah is confirmed and then what the Torah plainly teaches concerning Abraham is questioned.

Your whole contradiction theory has been debunked based on your flawed understanding of "confirm"
Download Quran and Hadeeth for Free here http://www.islamasoft.co.uk/downloads.html Learn about Islam from a Non dictatorial view

Return to “Archived Christian/Muslim Threads”