Hindusim and the caste system

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
Aineo
Admin
Admin

Hindusim and the caste system

Postby Aineo » Mon Dec 20, 2004 02:09 pm

Hinduism is the religion of all, not of a few privileged. A great service it would be to Hinduism, if the present day Vedic teachers identify bright children from the lower castes and start teaching them the Vedas and the Upanishads and allow them to serve God in the temples of India. The strength of Christianity stems from dedicated missionaries who come from all sections of society. The weakness of Hinduism and of India is caste system, which divides the Hindu society into divergent and bickering groups and keeps them apart.

Perhaps there is no other nation in the world that is openly and shamelessly as racial as some of the nations in the Indian subcontinent. A number of Indians who visit foreign countries often complain about being treated condescendingly on account of their skin color or accent, without acknowledging the fact that a vast majority of people in their own country exhibit a far greater obsession with accent, the color of ones skin and ones family (caste) background.

And there are countless scholars who justify the caste system quoting chapter and verse from the Hindu scriptures, ignoring the fact that they were convenient interpolations in an otherwise sacred lore to justify a cruel and unjust system theologically using the very authority of God.
http://hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/h_caste.htm

The Caste System and the Stages of Life in Hinduism

Hindu Caste System & Hinduism

gerani
Preacher
Preacher

Postby gerani » Mon Dec 20, 2004 04:30 pm

"I brought it up simply to show that Hinduism has never been concerned with civil rights. As to how some professed Christian's treat people that is between them and God since the Bible does not teach or approve what they do."

i think you have misunderstood. the castesystem is bad, and hinduism does not endorse it. the gita only says:

"In the Bhagavad Gita, Ch.4, Verse 13
The Lord says:
"The fourfold caste has been created by Me
according to the differentiation of Guna and Karma;"

In the Bhagavad Gita, Ch.18, verse 40 the
Lord says:
"There is no being on earth, or again in heaven among the
gods, that is liberated from the three qualities born of Nature."

Gita Ch. 18, V.41:
"Of Brahmanas, Kshtriyas and Vaishyas, as also the Sudras,
O Arjuna, the duties are distributed according to the qualities
born of their own nature."

"

what it means is that we are born with different capabilities, and that we must do. some feel they're calling is to be a cop (kshaktriya) or to be a priest (brahmin). but of course, over time the brahmins changed the caste system to be based on your birth. if you are born into a warrior family, then you automatically become a warrior. but this is not said in scripture. due to man and his temptation to become selfish, he has perversed the caste system to become discriminatory. once a person is born into a family of that work, then he must do that work. this differs from what scriptures says about how the work must be determined on a persons' individual skills and abilities and gifts, not by birth. and so man has perversed it into a system of high and low, and outcasts. this is what is called the caste system.

this discrimination is not based on the color of skin - varna (color). it is often mistaken to be, but how can it? are there white people? red people? black people? no. color of skin varies from work one does. if one spends a lot of time in the sun, they become dark. if one lives in the himalaya mountains, they are of course light in skin.

also the whole aryan invasion theory is false.

Paint my Face in your magazines,
Make it look wider than it seems,
Paint me over with your dreams,
Shove away my ethnicity.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Mon Dec 20, 2004 05:03 pm

You are begging the question. The caste system has been a part of Hinduism for centuries and dates back to its very beginnings. Most people have capabilities that make them capable of doing many different functions but only Hinduism limits people based on birth or skin color. Can an untouchable with the intelligence and capability to be a Brahmin be elevated that that position in India?

You have made slavery as practiced in the past by some Christians a major issue while at the same time totally ignoring this:
And there are countless scholars who justify the caste system quoting chapter and verse from the Hindu scriptures, ignoring the fact that they were convenient interpolations in an otherwise sacred lore to justify a cruel and unjust system theologically using the very authority of God.
http://hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/h_caste.htm
The most racist country on this planet is the country with the largest percentage of Hindu's who use Hinduism's caste system as the basis for their prejudice and bigotry.

gerani
Preacher
Preacher

Postby gerani » Mon Dec 20, 2004 07:44 pm

ah, i see what you are doing.. you are trying to make hinduism seem very racist. well, im sorry aineo. i do not have the time to refute such blatant ignorance. you refuse to listen to the facts and what i say, oh well.

cya! (merry christmas!)

Shove away my ethnicity.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:00 am

The facts of life in Hindu India is that it is the most racist country on this planet. You want to talk facts then talk facts instead of avoiding the truth.

On My Way
Preacher
Preacher

Postby On My Way » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:10 am

gerani wrote:ah, i see what you are doing.. you are trying to make hinduism seem very racist. well, im sorry aineo. i do not have the time to refute such blatant ignorance. you refuse to listen to the facts and what i say, oh well.

cya! (merry christmas!)

Gee gerani
You seem to have no problem saying that Christians are racists.
Yet you run and hide when it is turned to you.
Sigh....

Is that a Hindu thing to do?

Merry Christmas to you to.
The Professionals built the Titanic and the amateur built the Ark. Go figure

gerani
Preacher
Preacher

Postby gerani » Tue Dec 21, 2004 04:46 pm

"Gee gerani
You seem to have no problem saying that Christians are racists.
Yet you run and hide when it is turned to you.
Sigh....

Is that a Hindu thing to do? "

there you go again. putting words in my mouth.

well, i can see you have no problem saying that hinduism is a racist religion when you refuse to look at scripture and facts.

im sorry, i just dont have time to waste talking to such ignorance. :cry:

happy new years!

Shove away my ethnicity.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Tue Dec 21, 2004 06:07 pm

gerani wrote:there you go again. putting words in my mouth.

well, i can see you have no problem saying that hinduism is a racist religion when you refuse to look at scripture and facts.

im sorry, i just dont have time to waste talking to such ignorance. :cry:

happy new years!
It seems you are the one who refuses to face truth and reality and have chosen to live in ignornace of the truth.
The Caste System

In ancient India there developed a social system in which people were divided into separate close communities. These communities are known in English as caste. The origin of the caste system is in Hinduism, but it affected the whole Indian society. The caste system in the religious form is basically a simple division of society in which there are four castes arranged in a hierarchy and below them the outcast. But socially the caste system was more complicated, with much more castes and sub-castes and other divisions. Legally the government disallows the practice of caste system but has a policy of affirmative discrimination of the backward classes.
http://adaniel.tripod.com/castes.htm

The fact that the 3500-year-old caste system should survive in India today almost defies comprehension. It has been an aberration of the Hindu psyche. Indians who use lofty rhetoric about progress, characterizing their society as "united in diversity," seem to be simply perpetuating the system of social gradation that has blighted so many lives.
http://gbgm-umc.org/nwo/99ja/india.html
In other threads you have continually accused Christians of racism and denying civil liberties to ethnic and other groups yet when shown that Hinduism is the source of continued racism you want to run and hide.

Return to “Archived”