What does 1 have 2 do 2 be guaranteed heaven in the Quran?

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
Questions
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

What does 1 have 2 do 2 be guaranteed heaven in the Quran?

Postby Questions » Mon Nov 01, 2004 09:20 pm

please quote the Sura and perhaps a Muslim would like to expand on it for me?
Had my life totally transformed by the power of the risen Christ 20 years ago.

H2O
Preacher
Preacher

Postby H2O » Tue Nov 02, 2004 06:34 am

It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces towards East or West; but it is righteousness to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practise regular charity, to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the God-fearing. 2:177

Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. 2:277

By no means shall ye attain righteousness unless ye give (freely) of that which ye love; and whatever ye give, of a truth Allah knoweth it well. 3:92

But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, We shall soon admit to Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath, their eternal home, therein shall they have spouses pure and holy: We shall admit them to shades, cool and ever deepening. 4:57

If any do deeds of righteousness, - be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them. 4:124

To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward. 5:9

O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness, that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition! 7:26

If you DIE in attributing partners to Allaah called shirk which is disbelief, such as ascribing trinity, sonship, or idols etc is unforgiveable.

Those who disbelieve, on them is Allah's curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind; 2:161

As to those who disbelieve, and die disbelieving, never would be accepted from any such as much gold as the earth contains, though they should offer it for ransom. For such is (in store) a penalty grievous, and they will find no helpers. 3:91

Of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil, until death faces one of them, and he says, "Now have I repented indeed;" nor of those who die disbelieving; for them have we prepared a punishment most grievous. 4:18

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed. 4:48

Allah forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right). 4:116

I hope this answered your question.
Download Quran and Hadeeth for Free here http://www.islamasoft.co.uk/downloads.html Learn about Islam from a Non dictatorial view

KhristosAnesti
New Convert
New Convert

Postby KhristosAnesti » Tue Nov 02, 2004 07:14 am

H2O:

If you DIE in attributing partners to Allaah called shirk which is disbelief, such as ascribing trinity, sonship, or idols etc is unforgiveable.

I am still waiting for you to address my post in the "God is one not three" thread, since i already addressed the issue of your quran which has deceptively and/or ignorantly misrepresented the Christian doctrine of the Holy Trinity. Maybe you can explain how acknowledging persons (such as the eternally generated and subsisting divine knowledge or wisdom) within the Godhead classifies as a "partner" of God Himself.
Khristos Anesti; Alithos Anesti

H2O
Preacher
Preacher

Postby H2O » Tue Nov 02, 2004 08:33 am

KhristosAnesti wrote:I am still waiting for you to address my post in the "God is one not three" thread, since i already addressed the issue of your quran which has deceptively and/or ignorantly misrepresented the Christian doctrine of the Holy Trinity

Done: http://www.jesus-christ-forums.com/home/viewtopic ... 5703#45703
Download Quran and Hadeeth for Free here http://www.islamasoft.co.uk/downloads.html Learn about Islam from a Non dictatorial view

Return to “Archived Christian/Muslim Threads”