Quran and Bible Debate

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
whosurdaddy
Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Quran and Bible Debate

Postby whosurdaddy » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:32 pm

Its an historical fact that Allah was the name of a pagan god.
How could the GOD of the universe allow people to call him a pagan name?

Some Christian versions of the Bible have inserted Allah as a name for GOD. This delusion was promoted in the 8th century thanks to the Catholic church.

If Allah were merely the generic Arabic word for GOD, then Muslims would not hesitate to use the word for GOD in each language into which the Koran has been translated. However, they insist that Allah be used in every language.

If you simply read the words of Jesus on the 8th chapter of John it becomes clear that Islam is a false religion.
"For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about me."
"If you do not believe that I AM the Messiah, you will die in your sins." Jesus

Omega

Postby Omega » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:41 pm

Welcome to this Forum whosurdaddy!
Please stay awhile!........ :lol: .... :lol: :lol:

We sure appreciate your company!

Karaite
Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby Karaite » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:29 am

I believe some Muslims have argued that, indeed, Al-ilah is the name of a heathen god, but they counter with the fact that El was the "Most High" god of the Canaanites, and yet it is used in the Bible.

The only difference, though, is the fact that we don't consider El to be the holy name of God, rather it is a generic word used for "god". The name which God gave us to know him by is the Tetragammaton YHVH (Yeh'Vah or Yahweh).

Omega

Postby Omega » Fri Jul 02, 2004 01:22 am

Karaite wrote:I believe some Muslims have argued that, indeed, Al-ilah is the name of a heathen god, but they counter with the fact that El was the "Most High" god of the Canaanites, and yet it is used in the Bible.

The only difference, though, is the fact that we don't consider El to be the holy name of God, rather it is a generic word used for "god". The name which God gave us to know him by is the Tetragammaton YHVH (Yeh'Vah or Yahweh).

Hello Karaite!

Now what exactly does it mean to know Him?

To me, God is my Father.

This is how I know God, and I know Him on a very, very personal Level. And I do not know Him by no tetragrammaton which I already know of, and whether Jew or Gentile it is written:

Matthew 11:27 - All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

In the Kingdom of God, God dwells within every living being and will be so when True Believers fellowship with Him throughout eternity!

Revelation 21:3 - And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

The Manifestation of God will dwell within every believer or child of God because of the Holy Spirit.

This verse has been mistaken by many as to its true meaning:Now since True Worship of God is done in Spirit, what does the below verse mean?

Revelation 22:4 - And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

God Bless!

Karaite
Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby Karaite » Fri Jul 02, 2004 05:22 am

I have the strange feeling that you are mistaking me with someone else...

I have no intention on arguing about names, I was merely pointing out the fact that it is not the best argument to make, when we use terms that are also used among the heathens.

God said that he will be known by that name throughout the generations, whether you want to know his name or not is of no importance to me.

Blessings!

Unite
Preacher
Preacher

Re: Quran and Bible Debate

Postby Unite » Fri Jul 02, 2004 08:00 am

You missionaries are liars or idiots. You will never understand because devil is your guide. Allah is the God of all people from beginning of time and Islam meaning submission is the religion of all people from Adam and on. So if you find anything resembling true religion of God in other false religious practices, the straightforward conclusion should be that those false religions carry on some remnants of the true religion although they distorted the true message at large. Only stupids or liars would claim the other way around. BE MINDFUL OR BE HONEST. If you continue this slanderous approach there will be no talk here.

whosurdaddy wrote:Its an historical fact that Allah was the name of a pagan god.
How could the GOD of the universe allow people to call him a pagan name?
Muslim

newseed
Preacher
Preacher

Postby newseed » Fri Jul 02, 2004 03:19 pm

Peace Unite,

Please refer to Forum Rules #4:

No slandering other posters or dealing in personalities. Some posters hold strong opinions about topics under discussion however, resorting to name calling or derogatory remarks aimed on any poster will not be tolerated. Take you personal differences to emails or private messages. Posting private communications or alluding to such communications on any public forum will be grounds for deactivation of your account and the deletion of your post.

For His Harvest,
Eddie
Psalm 118:8 "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
-
John 14:7-9 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. From now on, you know Him, and have seen Him." Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. How do you say, 'Show us the Father?'

Omega

Postby Omega » Fri Jul 02, 2004 03:24 pm

Karaite wrote:I have the strange feeling that you are mistaking me with someone else...

I have no intention on arguing about names, I was merely pointing out the fact that it is not the best argument to make, when we use terms that are also used among the heathens.

God said that he will be known by that name throughout the generations, whether you want to know his name or not is of no importance to me.

Blessings!

Whoa hold it right there BIC, you are my brother or sister in Christ correct?

Arguing? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I merely pointed out how One gets to know God thats all! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No arguing here, just trying to get a point across to a fellow brother or sister in Christ, why get heated up over this? :lol: :lol: :lol:

God Bless!

Karaite
Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby Karaite » Fri Jul 02, 2004 04:12 pm

Omega,

This is what I mean when I use the word aguing:

3. stated point of view: the main point of view expressed in a book, report, or speech

4. discussion: debate or discussion about whether something is correct

I do not mean a quarrel or anything of that sort... I used it strictly within the context of discussion.

The point I was making was that, we need to keep things within their context, and my statement was not to lead anyone to believing that by knowing God's name, that one becomes 'known to God'. Your response seemed like you were correcting me on that, and I did not see a need for it. I merely used the name as an example of how some points are similar, yet that there are differences.

Blessings!

Omega

Postby Omega » Fri Jul 02, 2004 04:13 pm

The Lord told me you were going to respond that way and that is why He prepared a verse for me, God Bless :lol:

Galatians 6:1 - Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do agree with the above correct BIC? You seem to have followed it!
God Bless!

Karaite
Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby Karaite » Fri Jul 02, 2004 08:33 pm

Thank you for allowing me to explain myself.

Blessings!

Omega

Postby Omega » Fri Jul 02, 2004 08:56 pm

Karaite wrote:Thank you for allowing me to explain myself.

Blessings!

{:lol:}Your Welcome!

GOD BLESS!

Return to “Archived Christian/Muslim Threads”