Surah 19:33

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
newseed
Preacher
Preacher

Surah 19:33

Postby newseed » Sun Jun 27, 2004 05:01 am

YUSUFALI: "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!
PICKTHAL: Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!
SHAKIR: And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life.

I have been told by a number of Muslims that Christ was not crucified and yet it is spoken here that he was? If he didn't die, then where is the scripture that foretells what happens to him?

Thanks for you time.

For His Harvest,
Eddie
Psalm 118:8 "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
-
John 14:7-9 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. From now on, you know Him, and have seen Him." Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. How do you say, 'Show us the Father?'

alifaia
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Postby alifaia » Sun Jun 27, 2004 06:01 am

Hi ...

does it say that this is a past event or a yet to come event? do you know of a verse which says this (the day i (Jesus) die.... ) is a past event???
Smile everyone!!!

Karaite
Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby Karaite » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:04 pm

Actually, doesn't it sound prophetic? :)

newseed
Preacher
Preacher

Postby newseed » Sun Jun 27, 2004 01:37 pm

alifaia wrote:Hi ...

does it say that this is a past event or a yet to come event? do you know of a verse which says this (the day i (Jesus) die.... ) is a past event???

Peace alifaia,

That is why I am asking you. Care to explain what this scripture is talking about?

Thanks.

For His Harvest,
Eddie

-

John 14:7-9 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. From now on, you know Him, and have seen Him." Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. How do you say, 'Show us the Father?'

alifaia
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Postby alifaia » Mon Jun 28, 2004 05:07 am

Hi all...

Newseed: our understanding of the verse is as follows..

the day I was born : some time in 4BC
the day I die : right before judgment day when all creatures die, thats when Jesus too will die.
the day i will raised up : during Judgment day.. when all creatures will be judged for their deeds etc...

Our understanding is Jesus didnt die. and that he was taken up to God as is.... and will be back for the second comming 40 or so years before JD... rule for those 40 or so years and then die... and then be raised up along with all other creatures for judgment...

Hope that helps.

Karaite: i guess so...

ali
Smile everyone!!!

newseed
Preacher
Preacher

Postby newseed » Mon Jun 28, 2004 02:25 pm

Peace alifaia,

alifaia wrote:Hi all...

Newseed: our understanding of the verse is as follows..

the day I was born : some time in 4BC
the day I die : right before judgment day when all creatures die, thats when Jesus too will die.
the day i will raised up : during Judgment day.. when all creatures will be judged for their deeds etc...

Our understanding is Jesus didnt die. and that he was taken up to God as is.... and will be back for the second comming 40 or so years before JD... rule for those 40 or so years and then die... and then be raised up along with all other creatures for judgment...

Hope that helps.

Karaite: i guess so...

ali

Thanks for the info. So tell me about this verse which is about John the Baptist:

YUSUFALI: So Peace on him the day he was born, the day that he dies, and the day that he will be raised up to life (again)!
PICKTHAL: Peace on him the day he was born, and the day he dieth and the day he shall be raised alive!
SHAKIR: And peace on him on the day he was born, and on the day he dies, and on the day he is raised to life

Very much identical to 19:33. So according to you, Jesus did not die which then means John the Baptist did not die either but instead was taken up? Care to clear that one up?

Thanks!

In His Name,
Eddie

-

Karaite
Assitant Preacher
Assitant Preacher

Postby Karaite » Mon Jun 28, 2004 05:26 pm

newseed,

That is not what he said. The meaning given was that, 'peace be upon them the day they are born, the day they die, and the day they are raised back to life.' It has nothing to do with on which date each one of them dies, rather on the fact that each one of them actually dies [someday].

I just think that, the use of it with John was more of a tactic of persuading others to think that Jesus' claims in the Gospels, that he had to die, and be raised again on the third day, to the Glory of God the Father, was but mere talk about how people are born, die, and are raised on the day of Judgment.

It is a good tactic, like many other tactics used in the Qu'ran, to divert and confuse.

Blessings!

Return to “Archived Christian/Muslim Threads”