The name of Allah

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
zampeada
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

The name of Allah

Postby zampeada » Sat Jun 19, 2004 08:08 am

my answer to the thread http://www.jesus-christ-forums.com/home/viewtopic.php?t=1502

We muslims prefer the Arabic word Allah to the English word God, because this English word God is often misused or misapplied. In English, if some gentleman was to took after sombody's child as a guardian, we would say that he is a godfather to the child, and the woman a godmother to the child. And if one tried to be a bit too funny, a bit too clever, one would say, 'What do you think of yourself, are you a tin god?" We spell god with a capital "G" (God), and we spell god with a small "g" (god), which creates in your minds grades and grades of divinities.

The word Allah is never used in any other sense. There is no such things as Allah-father or Allah-mother or a Tin-Allah. Allah is a unique word for the only God. Arabic, like every other language, also has its rules of grammar, but in Arabic you cannot make a plural form for Allah, nor can you make a feminine of Allah such as the word Gods, Goddess... or Godling.
Look for a rainbow in every storm,
Find out for certain love's gonna be there for you... You always be someone's baby.

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Sun Jun 20, 2004 03:38 am

Allah just means "the god", am I correct???
Also, God told us His bname is I AM WHO I AM.
What is that phrase in Arabic and was it ever used as a name of your god?
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
-Hebrews 1:1-2

zampeada
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby zampeada » Sun Jun 20, 2004 04:57 am

Believer wrote:Allah just means "the god", am I correct???
Also, God told us His bname is I AM WHO I AM.
What is that phrase in Arabic and was it ever used as a name of your god?

Are you a godfather to someone? What sex of your god? Is it god or goddess?

My point was clear. How you confusing yourself?
Look for a rainbow in every storm,

Find out for certain love's gonna be there for you... You always be someone's baby.

H2O
Preacher
Preacher

Postby H2O » Thu Jul 08, 2004 01:36 am

H2O wrote:Did the Arabic Speaking Christians use the name Allah before islam ?

I wrote to www.arabicbible.com and the follwing is the response from an Arabic Speaking Christian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Allah Arabic Word for God?
Date: 7/6/2004, 8:44 PM
To: Dimitri <akiadorah@aol.com>
Organization: Arabic Bible Outreach Ministry

Well of course the Arab Christians used Allah - this is what I was
trying to
drive ...

Regards,
Abd El-Massih

----- Original Message -----
To: "Abd El-Massih" <info@arabicbible.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 2:58 AM
Subject: Re: Allah Arabic Word for God?

> Excuse me Sir thats like the same question that I asked you. Your asking
> a question that I want to know, thats why I am asking you.
>
> Abd El-Massih wrote on 7/5/2004, 6:14 PM:
>
> > Drear Dimitri
> >
> > > Comments => Did the Arabic speaking christians use the name Allah
> > before
> > islam ? And if yes, where is the proof that they did ?
> >
> > Let me first ask you this question , what did the Arab Christians
used
to
> > call God before the advent of Islam?
> >
> > Abd El-Massih
> >
>
>

If anyone would like me to forward you the original email please email me requesting this.

The same question the Arabic Speaking Christian asked me is the same question I been asking for all the English SpeakingChristians who think they are learnt on this topic, who allege that Allah was a moon god, to produce the name that the arabic speaking christians used to refer to G-D before islam. And still even Liberate who claims he/she got it down packed cannot even answer this simple question.
Download Quran and Hadeeth for Free here http://www.islamasoft.co.uk/downloads.html Learn about Islam from a Non dictatorial view

H2O
Preacher
Preacher

Postby H2O » Thu Jul 08, 2004 01:41 am

“Alllaah”
Not a contraction

The English customary spelling “Allah” syllable as “al - lah” in English dictionaries and encyclopedias has often been misrepresented as to its etymology or nature of the word without any Arabic authoritive sources such as Arabic Dictionaries, Lexicons, or Arabic Scholars them selves.

Due to its English customary spelling it is often viewed by western writers that the English transliterated letters “a,l,l,a,h” are a contraction of two Arabic words based on a linguistical prestige (in English not Arabic). Thus being ignorant of the fact, and the language it self, that the second “L” in Arabic script called “laam” is a double consonant letter.

The first two letters “al” is perceived as the definite article (the), and the three following letters “laah” ( sometimes rendered in English as “lah” ) is the contracted Arabic word “ilaah (deity)” where the weak radical “a”, in Arabic called “alif” - pronounced as an “i” in “ilaah”, is dropped for a contraction.

Example
1) al ilah (the deity)
2) al lah
3) al-lah
4) Allah

Based on this western hypothesis, and its manipulative fraudulent philosophy which is misleading, the word is assumed to mean ‘the god’ or ‘the deity’ denoting the supreme deity out of others as the main one. The double consonant “L”(laam) in the original Arabic has been edited in English exegesis of the word as a single consonant giving it a linguistical prestige in English as an “al ilah” contraction. This reason because, the double consonant “L”, which would be properly spelled with three L’s(Alllah) serves no purpose in English as it does in Arabic.

If the customary English spelling of the name it self is transliterated back into Arabic it would spell “ alif, laam, laam, fatah, ha” reading “allah(a)” (Note: This word in Arabic has NO article) which would be a different word in Arabic meaning “Deification” whereas the name in its original Arabic is spelled as “alif, laam, laam, laam, alif maqsoorah, ha’a” reading “alllaah”. On the other hand, a contraction of the words “al-ilah” is not possible in the Arabic language because the grammar behind it does no permit it as will be shown in the reality of the words in their original language which have been manipulated in English.

In The Arabic language when the second radical letter of a word is doubled, by stressing it, it either enhances the word or changes its meaning all together. When the Arabic word “ilaah”(deity) is pronounced as “illaah” by stressing its second radical consonant “L” to double “ll” it changes the meaning from “deity” to “except him” where the “h” consonant is converted into a masculine suffix pronoun.

With the contraction theory of “al ilah” applied in Arabic, rather than in English, the second radical letter “L” in the Arabic word “ilaah” is doubled when the “i”(alif kasrah) is dropped to take the word “al” in order to contract “al” and “lah” in the Arabic language.

EXAMPLE

1) al ilaah
2) al-llaah
3) alllaah

Such an etymological contraction is not possible in the Arabic language in which the word would be meaningless therefore prohibited.

Alllaah
Not A Title

The name however is never used or demonstrated in the Quran or Arabic literature as a title. As an attribute of and reference to Alllah surah(chapter) 114 ayah(verse) 3 in the Quran says: “ilahinnas” ~ God of mankind, which negates the existence of another deity for mankind to be worshiped.

In the Quranic Arabic text the word “ilaah”(deity) does not take a nunnation for an indefinite article to indicate “a deity of mankind”, nor the definite article(the) that would denote Alllaah as being the deity out of other deities.

If the name Alllaah in the Arabic language was understood as “the deity” the attribute “ilahinnas”~ God of mankind would of said “ilahin annas” taking the nunnation(in) to mean “A deity of mankind” or “al ilahinnas” with the definite article(the) to mean “The god of mankind” which would of corroborated with the name Alllah if it was understood or meant “ the deity” or “the god”.

However such a gross statement or its like demonstration is no where to be found in the Quran text or Arabic literature in reference to Alllaah
In support, the renown testimony and article of faith in islam which is repetitively mentioned in the Quran as:

Laa ilaaha illaa alllah
“There is no God except Alllah”

Maa min ilaahin illaa alllah
“there is not a single deity(or other God) except Alllah”

If the name meant “the god” it would not have been used in such a statement, because “laa ilaaha illaa al ilaah ~ there is no God except the god”, and “ maa min ilahin illaa al ilaah ~ there is not a single deity(or God) except the god” is improper Arabic, absurd, and a contradiction to it self, whereas the name Alllaah would not have been possible to be used in such a statement in the Arabic language.

Alllaah
No Definite Article

The name “Alllaah” in the Quranic Arabic text (and Arabic literature) is written in various grammatical forms which has been overlooked much less ignored by critics of the Islamic due to there lack of knowledge of the Arabic language.

These grammatical forms are: “lillaah”, “Alllaahumma”, “yaa Alllaah”, and “aalllaah”, which determine the nature of the word in Arabic.
A noun prefixed with a definite article in Arabic cannot take an additional affix of a “yaa” vocative particle, a “m”(meem) magnifying particle, or a hamza’a interrogative particle, whereas the name Alllaah in many parts the Quran and in Arabic literature is found prefixed with a “yaa” vocative particle ~ “yaa Alllaah”, suffixed with a magnifying particle ~ “Alllaahumma”, and prefixed with an interrogative “hamza” particle ~ “aalllaah”. For example with the prefixed interrogative “hamza” in particle in 10:59 of the Quran

...Qul aalllaahu adhina lakum.

“Say(Muhammad)! Alllaah permitted you ?”

If “al” in the name Alllah was a definite article (the) the prefixing of the “hamza” particle instead of using the interrogative particle “hal” would not be possible or permitted, because the hamza interrogative particle prefixed to the name would have changed “al” to mean, people, folk, or family, as the Arabic word “aal” denotes rather than introducing the name into an interrogative. Thus it would have been meaningless and not used in such grammar.

The preceding ا = a consonant letter called “alif” is the uniform of the word in Arabic which is silent when the name is read suffixly to another word such as: عبدالله = abdu alllaah ~ servant of Alllaah, is read as “Abdullaah”, or the ا = a is absent all together in the possessive form of the word as لله = lillaah where the لِ = li denotes the possessive meaning: to, belonging to, or for, which is not a prefix to the word in Arabic.

In لله = lillaah , the possessive form of the word الله = Alllaah there is no written nor non written assimilated definite article, in which such a clusterized transitional reading of the word would be impossible in the Arabic language if there was a definite article.

The لّه = llaah is the suffix form transition of the word الله = Alllaah by the لِ = li conversion of its first “L” consonant for the possessive, in which a noun with a definite article cannot be suffixed to لِ = li. Only
لِ = li can be prefixed to the article( al = the ) it self which is prefixed to a noun or an adjective word such as : al-quddus ~ The Holy One, with لِ = li prefixed to it as : lil-quddus ~ to the Holy One.

Hence, if “al” in Alllah was a definite article “li” could only be prefixed to it as “li-alllah” not as “lillaah” which would lose the article. The possessive form of the name as “lillaah” confirms that there is no “ilaah ~ deity” word contracted in the name, because the doubling of the second radical “L” consonant, as we said before ,of the contracted word “ilaah” with the dropped “i” for “laah” (as alleged) with the possessive “li” for “li-(i)llaah” would change the meaning of “ilaah ~ deity” to except he or it . Thus is meaningless and would be prohibited in Arabic because it would be absurd and making no sense whereas the possessive form “lillaah” of the name Alllaah would not be possible if such an etymological contraction of “al ilaah” existed.

Even so, an assimilated non written definite article is only possible with “li” when it is prefixed to a noun or adjective word with a “FIRST” radical “L” consonant in this case which is doubled by the prefixing of “li” to assimilate a definite article such as “lateef ~ most gentle” with “li” prefixed to it as “lillateef ~ to the Most Gentle(one)” which is the possessive form of “al-llateef ~ The Most Gentle(one).

To the contrary the un-doubled form of the part “llaah” without “li” is “laah(u)” which means “not him” that is not a noun or adjective but a phrase where as “li” cannot be a prefixed to it wherefore to assimilate a definite article. Therefore, the only possible way the word Alllaah in the Arabic language could take the possessive word “li”, if it had a definite article, or even if it was a contraction of “al ilaah”, would be “li-alllaah”. However ! There is no such thing and is remote there from.

The part “llaah” is only the suffix form transition of the word Alllaah by the “li” conversion of its first “L” consonant to make it a possessive noun. The double “Ls” of “llaah” in the Arabic language are inseparable in which “llaah” is the foundation of the name arabicized as Alllaah that engulfs much linguistical unlimited divine meaning.

These various forms characterize the word of being an ARABICIZED name , whereas with the form " Alllaahumma " being suffixed with the "meem" magnifying particle indicating the vocative and singular royal plural which cannot be used with no other word in the arabic language, clearly tells us that this Name is older than the Arabic language it self being derived from a former and more ancient language which constituted such a grammatical character which does not exist in the Arabic Language as we know it today with any other word.

Another example is how the Name never takes Noonation or Tanween. These are grammatical endings such as "un" "an" "in" which are not used with Arabicized words that are not originally arabic derived.

Such is the folly blunder of the “al ilaah ~ the god” contraction probability of the name Alllaah by western writers who have exploited it as a reality and were morless ignorant of the Arabic language and its nature of grammar to ascribe such a thing but followed their own invented imagination affected by prejudice which was mere and fictitious conjecture.

Also. In Arabic there are many words that begin with “al” such as “alyasa” where “al” is not a definite article. “alyasa” is the arabicized form of the Hebrew name “Elisha”

Lord of the heavens and the earth and what is between them both, so serve Him (alone) and be patient in His worship. Do you know any worthy of His (Alllaah’s) name ? {19:65}
Download Quran and Hadeeth for Free here http://www.islamasoft.co.uk/downloads.html Learn about Islam from a Non dictatorial view

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Thu Jul 08, 2004 02:55 am

Simply put, you follow a different Allah than us.
The True God would NEVER give his final revelation to a pagan ishmaelite, especially someone like Muihammed in his situation. Look at how many wars and death happened at the hand of Muhammed. Is this what God desired to have happen? The TRUE GOD fulfilled His covenant with the Jews by sending the Messiah, the one the Prophets spoke of, and He created a new covenant for all of mankind. The final and greatest revelation is the Gospels. The Quran is NOTHING to even compare to the Gospels. Your perception of god is inferior and backwards.
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;

in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,

H2O
Preacher
Preacher

Postby H2O » Thu Jul 08, 2004 04:00 am

Simply put, you follow a different Allah than us

Then I guess you have learnt that Allah was not a name of an Idol, also you have to remember the Name Allah is a proper noun not a common noun. So it couldnt be a name applied to G-D and then applied to an Idol.

The True God would NEVER give his final revelation to a pagan ishmaelite

Now your saying what Allah would and wouldnt do as to his grace. When since did you become the thinker and discissionm maker of G-D ? Remeber his thoughts are not your thoughts.

Look at how many wars and death happened at the hand of Muhammed.

Yes this is understood and look and at "how many wars and death happened at the hand of Moses." Isnt Muhammd like Moses ? (Deut. 18:15,18)

The TRUE GOD fulfilled His covenant with the Jews by sending the Messiah, the one the Prophets spoke of, and He created a new covenant for all of mankind

And Jesus said the kingdom of G-D would be TAKEN away from them(The Jews) and give to A NATION ........etc (You know the passage)

The Quran is NOTHING to even compare to the Gospels

you are absolutely right, they are remote from one another.(Smile)

Your perception of god is inferior and backwards.

O really ! ? Ok, I tell you what, I will take you up on this one but not on this Forum open up another forum " Allah of Islam vs Allah of Chritianity" lets start fresh so we can get everybody attention. You made the challenge so make the room.

100%muslim
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Postby 100%muslim » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:14 am

Believer wrote:The True God would NEVER give his final revelation to a pagan ishmaelite

Is this the same reason why a black man will never grace the highest place in the Vatican? Are you suggesting that The True God is racist?
He begetteth not, nor He is begotten

Unite
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Unite » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:00 pm

Yeah 100%Muslim, you are 100 % right. Believer reveals all the story behind his head. Once I started a topic here tagged "Chauvinism and Religion." This is what I wanted to say. Also remember the pagans asked Muhammad pbuh: "Why would God send an orphan as a prophet while there are more noble and wealthier of us?"
Believer wrote:Simply put, you follow a different Allah than us.
The True God would NEVER give his final revelation to a pagan ishmaelite, especially someone like Muihammed in his situation.
Muslim

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Fri Jul 09, 2004 02:31 am

Peace H2O,

Then I guess you have learnt that Allah was not a name of an Idol, also you have to remember the Name Allah is a proper noun not a common noun. So it couldnt be a name applied to G-D and then applied to an Idol.

God revealed to Moses that He is called I AM WHO I AM, the name Yahweh (YHWH) is what that means. That's God's name.

Now your saying what Allah would and wouldnt do as to his grace. When since did you become the thinker and discissionm maker of G-D ? Remeber his thoughts are not your thoughts.

I believe what God consistently told the prophets, that He would send the Messiah and He would be the salvation for all of mankind.
The Messiah is the one whom the prophets spoke of. There is no such thing as a prophet coming after the great Messiah.

Yes this is understood and look and at "how many wars and death happened at the hand of Moses." Isnt Muhammd like Moses ? (Deut. 18:15,1

Or like Hitler or Stalin? Don't use comparisons like this, that is very dangerous.

God would make sure His final prophet is in a place and time where He would be a peaceful preacher and set a good example for people, not palce him in a time and place where he would lead wars and stuff.
Please tell me why I would be wrong.

And Jesus said the kingdom of G-D would be TAKEN away from them(The Jews) and give to A NATION ........etc (You know the passage)

Taken from the followers of the Old Covenant through the Torah, the Jews, and given to those who believe in Jesus and His Word, the Christian people. This is Jews and Gentiles together (although mostly gentile peoples). Understand?

you are absolutely right, they are remote from one another.(Smile)

Yeah because the Quran doesn't confirm the good stuff in the Gospels, all that good stuff about love.

100%muslim wrote:Is this the same reason why a black man will never grace the highest place in the Vatican? Are you suggesting that The True God is racist?

What are you talking about?
God is not a rascist, just one who keeps His promises and does not lie or double-take.
Now He did fulfill His covenant with the Jews through Christ and through Christ He brings salvation to ALL mankind.
St. Paul says that men and women, slave and free, etc are all one people in God's eyes.

Galatians 3:28
There is no longer any difference between a Jew and one who is not a Jew; between a slave and a free man; between a man and a woman. When you are in the body of Christ Jesus, you are all alike.

Isaiah 49:6
He says:
"It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
to restore the tribes of Jacob
and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."

Unite wrote:Yeah 100%Muslim, you are 100 % right. Believer reveals all the story behind his head. Once I started a topic here tagged "Chauvinism and Religion." This is what I wanted to say. Also remember the pagans asked Muhammad pbuh: "Why would God send an orphan as a prophet while there are more noble and wealthier of us?"

I hope you read my post here and understand that is an incorrect assumption.

Return to “Archived Christian/Muslim Threads”