Jesus Christ Forums Statement of Faith

The Creation of the Jesus Christ Forums Statement of Faith aka "Catechism"
webmaster
Admin
Admin

Jesus Christ Forums Statement of Faith

Postby webmaster » Sat Apr 10, 2004 02:51 pm

STATEMENT OF FAITH

We accept the scriptures as our only authority in matters of faith and practice and our understanding of Bible doctrine leads us inexorably to believe:

1. The scriptures of the Old & New Testament as being verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority.

2. In one God eternally existing in one essence, yet co-equal persons, the Trinity: Father, Son & Holy Spirit.

3. That Jesus Christ was begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary.

4. In the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He is the life of the believer and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel.

5. That mankind was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that human beings are born with a sinful nature.

6. That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.

7. In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us.

8. In the blessed hope, which is the personal, visible and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

9. That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life.

10. In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost in hell and the fellowship of the saved in heaven.

11. In the existence of a personal devil, who is still working in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who do not receive Christ as their personal Savior will eternally perish in the lake of fire.

12. In the Church, whose mission it is to preach the Scriptures to all the world, all of its endeavors being guided by multiple leadership and supported by the wise stewardship of God's people.

13. That the ordinances of the Church, given by the Lord, are Baptism and the Lord's Table (Communion).

2 Peter 1:20-21
But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
NAS
Last edited by webmaster on Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webmaster
Admin
Admin

Postby webmaster » Tue Aug 08, 2006 04:35 am

Which of the 13 should be changed?

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Wed Aug 09, 2006 02:20 am

In my view #2 needs to be changed to read:

"In one eternally existent God, the Father."

The phrase "the third person of the Trinity" should be taken out of #4.

mike england

Postby mike england » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:31 am

Did you say you was Infested with Aids?
mmmmmmm maybe it's you who needs to be removed. The sooner the better i'd say.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:52 am

mike england wrote:Did you say you was Infested with Aids?
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God", which includes those like you.

"And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God", which includes people like me, in spite of your hate.

And BTW, at least get your terminology correct. AIDS is a specific diagnosis for those who are HIV+ and meet a specific medical criteria. No one is infested with AIDS. Also outside the U.S. 52% of those infected with HIV are women and children and the vast majority of men who are infected became infected through heterosexual immoral sexual behavior.

It seems Mike you don't know the Lord and that God forgives even the worst offender, which is what you as a professed Christian are supposed to do if you have the Holy Spirit, which you apparently do not.

Geshtinnanna
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Geshtinnanna » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:56 am

mike england wrote:Did you say you was Infested with Aids?

Maybe you should read your own www
Literacy is NOT a sin
<center>I smell poop. Stop typing crap!</center>

mike england

Postby mike england » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:58 am

The Holy Trinity is the heart of Christianity,
And please forgive me for my comment's.
But can you safely say that you are led by God in preaching all this? who are you to say the 3rd personality should be removed.?
HOW DARE YOU.
If you desire to attack the Holy Trinity then why do you pretend your some God sent Angel who was saved from Gay life?
and then say the 3rd personality should be taken out.?

because 1 Bible vers has gone to someones head and maybe someone is making a stance on it???

"But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith; praying in the Holy Spirit; keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life." (Jude 20-21)

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matt 16:27)

There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ�s gift. (Eph 4:4-7)

Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. (1 Cor 12:4-6)

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (1 Pet 1:2)

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(Matthew 28:19)

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

(2 Cor 13:14)

All this obviously means nothing to you please dont preach something you Denie. and lead others to the same destruction.

you can terminate my account I can take personal attacks but i will not allow you to attack the heart of Christianity.
Goodbye.

mike england

Postby mike england » Sun Sep 17, 2006 01:10 am

It seems Mike you don't know the Lord and that God forgives even the worst offender, which is what you as a professed Christian are supposed to do if you have the Holy Spirit, which you apparently do not.

I dont have the Holy Spirit ha are you joking me here?

Did not you say the 3rd person needs to be removed.?

your implying the holy spirit need's to be taken out of 4, I take it thats what you mean its either God the father the son or the Holy Spirit need's to be taken out is what your saying here yes.?

you feel everyone is afraid of you or that because your an alleged saved by Grace ex-homosexual everyone needs to feel sorry for you and believe all you say.

let me tell you, YOU Dont Scare me I cant sit back and allow you debate the Trinity. IT IS NON DEBATABLE.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Sep 17, 2006 01:11 am

Your command of the English language needs some work. Removing "the third person of the Trinity" from a statement that is false to make it true does not deny God, His Spirit, or His Son.

The Tinity Debate, has effectively and adequately defeated the long held tradition that Jesus and the Holy Spirit along with God comprise a triune God. So, if anyone needs to understand the Scriputes you posted it is you.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ�s gift. (Eph 4:4-7)

You see Mike there are far more than 1 Bible verse that clearly states that the only true God is God the Father and all other gods are the invention of men.

mike england

Postby mike england » Sun Sep 17, 2006 01:13 am

READ THE 1ST COMMANDMENT. WHAT DOES IT SAY PLEASE TELL US MR PREACHER.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Sep 17, 2006 01:15 am

Exodus 20:1-3
20:1 Then God spoke all these words, saying,

2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

3 "You shall have no other gods before Me.
NAS

Lets see the word rendered LORD in the Hebrew is HYWH and is God the Father's name, so I think you are the one who should read the 1st commandment.

mike england

Postby mike england » Sun Sep 17, 2006 01:20 am

Mt 22:36 “[Jesus], which is the great commandment in the law?” And he said to him, ’You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment.

mike england

Postby mike england » Sun Sep 17, 2006 01:26 am

Debating the Holy Trinity and setting up stances on it because of 1 verse namely: 1 st Corinthians 8:5-6 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him. NAS

Is not loving God at all it is just making a complete mochery of it.
and since you have also denied Jesus Christ by saying he is not God.
And setting up topics like "The deity of christ" etc.

Maybe one day someone may start a topic on your deity how would you like that.?

THE LORD REBUKE YOU.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Sep 17, 2006 01:27 am

mike england wrote:Mt 22:36 “[Jesus], which is the great commandment in the law?” And he said to him, ’You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment.
Which is what I am teaching and what the Trinity denies is true since according the Trinity God is more than the Father.
Deuteronomy 6:4-9
4 "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! 5 "And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; 7 and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. 8 And you shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. 9 And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. NAS
Oh, and BTW Mike Deuteronomy is a clarification of the 1st commandment, which is found in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5 not Deuteronomy 6. However, here again the Hebrew word rendered LORD is the name of God the Father, so keep going your are actually proving my point.
Last edited by Aineo on Sun Sep 17, 2006 02:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike england

Postby mike england » Sun Sep 17, 2006 01:38 am

Which is what I am teaching and what the Trinity denie is true since according the Trinity God is more than the Father.

pardon did i miss something then? the Trinity God is more than the Father?

what was the first commandment again.?

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Sep 17, 2006 01:45 am

Here is a link to the 10 Commandments:

http://www.bibletexts.com/terms/10comma ... -texts.htm

The 1st commandment is:
Exodus 20:2-3
2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

3 "You shall have no other gods before Me.
NAS

Deuteronomy 5:6-7
6'I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

7'You shall have no other gods before Me.
NAS
Now do you have some information that shows otherwise? Or are you assuming the great commandment is part of the 10 Commandments?

mike england

Postby mike england » Sun Sep 17, 2006 02:03 am

Which is what I am teaching and what the Trinity denie is true since according the Trinity God is more than the Father.

Please explain these words what you just stated.

which is what i am teaching (I take it there should have been a full stop there) and what the Trinity denie is true (so the Trinity is denying something that is true) yes? since according the Trinity God is more than the Father.
(oh isn't that breaking the 1st commandment.?)

Please explain this. Ive been trying but i cant make sense of it since you are an Admin who people listen to and follow and how you are so right all the time. you have just rightly stated the 1st commandment. (Well done)

Didnt you just break it or did i miss something?

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Sep 17, 2006 02:09 am

Scripture is clear the the Father is the only true God. The Trinity teaches that the LORD, who is the Father is more than just the Father by including the Holy Spirit and Jesus God's Son as part of the LORD.

The 1st commandment tells that the Father (YWHW) is God and we should not have any other gods before Him, which makes the Trinity a heretical doctrine. Therefore I am pleased you agree with the Bible and me. :wink:

mike england

Postby mike england » Sun Sep 17, 2006 03:12 am

Scripture is clear the the Father is the only true God. The Trinity teaches that the LORD, who is the Father is more than just the Father by including the Holy Spirit and Jesus God's Son as part of the LORD.

So "the the Father is the only true God" and that "The Trinity teaches that the Lord, who is the father is actually more than the father because he included the holy spirit and his son as part of the Lord.

Just to remind everyone of the 1st commandment again...

ok lets see if i can get this straight your saying "the the father is the only true God. and that the trinity teaches that the Lord who is the father is actually more than just the father because he included the Holy Spirit and his son as part of himself so he made a mistake and you are correcting it for us.
seems your not doing a very good job at it are you Bob.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Sep 17, 2006 04:17 am

:wink: Like I posted your command of the English language needs improvement. YWHY is the Father's name and is the only true God. Some pagan Greeks decided that YWHY was not just the Father, but is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. You see Mike I did not post the Lord is the only true God I posted the LORD (all caps, which is how the translators render God's name in the OT), is the only true God.

The Bible, which is what I teach tells us the Father is the only true God.

Now you keep pointing us to the 1st commandment but as of yet you have not posted how you think this commandment reads.

Now, Mike you have had your fun so unless you are going to contribute more than sarcasm and personal attacks to this thread your posts will be deleted.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Sun Sep 17, 2006 04:27 am

And one more comment Mike, 1 Corinthians 8:6 is not the only Scripture that tells us God is the only true God and the fact you posted that I am basing my rejection of the Trinity on just that one verse is a lie. I gave you a link to the Trinity Debate Forum where you can find a plethora of Scriptures that prove the Father is the only true God.

So, I will repeat if you cannot contribute more than pointless sarcasm and personal attacks then don't post anything.

mike england

Postby mike england » Mon Sep 18, 2006 05:27 pm

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
(1 John 5:20)

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Aineo
Admin
Admin

Postby Aineo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:47 pm

All of those are great Scriptures, however not one of them establishes that Jesus is God, or part of a triune Godhead. Also, you have not addressed the fact the OT plainly teaches us that Yaweh (or Yehovah or Jahovah) is the only true God and that Yaweh is the Father.

Jesus's prayer in John 17:3 states the Father is the only true God, which agrees with what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 8:6.

All you are doing Mike is avoiding the issue by avoiding discussing those Scriptures that show the Trinity is a man made doctrine that can only be supported by interpreting a select number of Scriptures that when taken in context not only of the chapter they appear in but also in the context of the whole word of God can be defeated.

SuperMarioXRay
New Convert
New Convert

Postby SuperMarioXRay » Wed Dec 20, 2006 04:07 am

When was the last time you guys searched this forum for the answers?
[size=0] Long Distance Dating Tip[/size]

Return to “Creation of JCF Statement of Faith”