Proof that the Holy Spirit in John 14-16 is not Muhammed

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Proof that the Holy Spirit in John 14-16 is not Muhammed

Postby Believer » Sat Mar 13, 2004 05:36 am

First, observe these interesting prophecies about the Holy Spirit.

Ezekiel 39:29
I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the house of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD ."

Joel 2:28
And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

Joel 2:29
Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

Zechariah 12:10
And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on to me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Isaiah 11:2
The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD -

Luke 3:6
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

It is known that one day God shall pour forth His Holy Spirit onto all of mankind. This begins at Pentecost where the Apostles recieve that Holy Spirit as Jesus promised them.

It would not be logical for the Spirit, that Jesus promised His disciples, to be a man.

John 14:15-17
15"If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Since the world has seen Muhammed and Muhammed doesn't reside in you, we can best judge that this is not Muhammed

John 16:12-16
12"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.
16"In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me."

Read Acts, the Holy Spirit plays a major role in the early ministries of the Apostles and Paul.

Jesus instructs His disciples to remain in the city until the Father sends them the Holy Spirit that He promised.

Luke 24:46
I will send you what the Father has promised to give you. So wait in the city of Jerusalem until you have been given power from God.'

Observe the Holy Spirit coming at Pentecost thus fulfilling what Jesus said.

Acts 2
The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost

1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
5Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. 7Utterly amazed, they asked: "Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans? 8Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? 9Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11(both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs--we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!" 12Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, "What does this mean?"
13Some, however, made fun of them and said, "They have had too much wine."

Isaiah 40:13
Who has understood the Spirit of the LORD , or instructed him as his counselor?

Jesus instructs the Spirit of the LORD as His Counselor!!!
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
-Hebrews 1:1-2

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:35 pm

Bump. :D
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;

in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,

littleshepard
Preacher
Preacher

Postby littleshepard » Sat Apr 10, 2004 03:47 am

Excellent work, Believer. :D I'm so glad that you are one of my many teachers. Let us all have a celebrated resurrection this weekend. May God bless each and every one of you and may you all open up your hearts and spirt to Him so that He can love you you all. Amen. Have a nice weekend!!
Jesus is Love

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Sat Apr 10, 2004 05:11 pm

Thankyou Littleshepard! It's an honor to know you, friend. :)
May God bless you and yours this Easter!

Return to “Archived”