Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Proof that Jesus is the Son of Man, the Son of God, the Lord

Postby Believer » Mon Mar 08, 2004 04:44 am

Peace everyone,
This is in response to one of ThirdandLong's posts in "Paul in Deuteronomy"

Read Deuteronomy 13:1–5 again. Let the words ring in your head for a while. Then read Matthew 5:17–19 and John 5:46–47. Now read Matthew 16:15 and let Jesus ask you the same question, “Who do You say I am?” Paul answered : you're the second of three .. WRONG ANSWER fatal mistake as a matter of fact ..and should give you an idea as being the false prophet Deut 13 spoke about for changing the law ..

Jesus Christ WAS the Son of the Most High and He was worshipped.

Matthew 2:11
They went into the house, and there they saw the child and Mary his mother. They kneeled down and worshipped him. Then they opened their bags and gave him gifts. These gifts were gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

Matthew 8:2
A man who had leprosy [a bad skin disease] came and kneeled in front of Jesus and worshipped him. He said to Jesus, `Sir, I know you can heal me if you want to.'

Matthew 15:24
But the woman came and bowed down in front of Jesus and worshipped him. She said, `Sir, help me.'

Luke 24:49
They bowed down and worshipped him. They were very happy and went back to Jerusalem.

John 9:38
The man said, `Sir, I do believe.' He kneeled down in front of Jesus and worshipped him.

Thomas calls the ressurected Jesus Christ "My Lord and my God"

John 20:21-29
Jesus Appears to Thomas

24Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!"
But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."
26A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

worshipping the true God in Islam ,Judaism ,Persian religion confirms the source of all of them : GOD ..

God made His covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob..the Israelite nation, not the Persians. The Persian's god, Ohrmazd, doesn't even resemble Yahweh, he's a different god! Just because a religion is monotheistic does not necessarily mean it is from God. To assume a religion is from God because it is monotheistic is just naive.

The remaing two then are : Pagan religion & trinitarianism : many similarities , and that's where Paul comes alive : he seemed to fit the archetype of several existing pagan gods and demi-gods, the majority of whom were personifications of the dying resurrecting god, or the solar myth, whose exploits were well known, as reflected by such popular deities as Mithra, Heracles/Hercules, Tammuz, and Dionysus .. Paul's ideas were put to use officially In Ad 325, the Roman Catholic Church was created by a pagan emperor named Constantine. It was only superficially a Christian Church. The First Nicean Council was assembled to work out the details. While it was supposed to have been made up of Christian elders from five major Christian centers (Rome, Athens, Alexandria, Jerusalem and Antioch), it also included elders of all the major Pagan religions of Rome. Bishops from the cults of Mithras, Tammuz, Oannes (Dagon), Ceres, Janus, Bacchus, Apollo, Osiris, Jupiter, and Constantine's own religion: Sol Invictus, were invited. It was Constantine's wish that all of the Pagan religions, then at odds with each other, creating unnecessary conflicts, be unified into one "Catholic" church. "Catholic" means universal. The proceedings of that council were conducted by Constantine with an iron hand, and one of the positions which he insisted upon, and got, was to make Pistis a doctrine of the new church. Gnosticism could not be tolerated, because it encouraged its members to question authority. Pistis was thus politically expedient, because it forbade questioning.

Christianity is not really similiar with these mystery cults, and you have no proof that Christianity didn't influence them.

Man, this is just your conjecture.
Paul didn't preach any different Christianity than the Apostles or anyone else.
The passion, death, ressurection of Jesus Christ is fully verified and supported in the scriptures, and Christ said this many times to His disciples. He knew what He had to do as it was spelled out by the prophets.

Psalm 87:17-19
17 Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand,
the son of man you have raised up for yourself.
18 Then we will not turn away from you;
revive us, and we will call on your name.
19 Restore us, O LORD God Almighty;
make your face shine upon us,
that we may be saved.

The Son of Man is at the right hand of the Father, and He is the face of God and He has saved us!

Psalm 110:1
The LORD says to my Lord:
"Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet."

The Son of Man who sits at the right hand of the Father is the Lord!!!

II Samuel 7:11-16
" 'The LORD declares to you that the LORD himself will establish a house for you: 12 When your days are over and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. If he does wrong, I will punish him with the rod of men, with floggings inflicted by men. 15 But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. 16 Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.' "

The Son of God is not a made up belief.
He is the Son of Man, He is Jesus Christ!

See how this passage relates to Daniel's vision.

Daniel 7:13-14
13 "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The Son of Man, who is the Son of God, who is the Lord, has the Power of God and an everlasting kingdom!

The Gospels confirm what you see above.

Matthew 26:64
"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

And in a Jewish writing written about 130 years before Jesus Christ was born we read this:

Wisdom of Solomon 2:12-21
12 Let us beset the just one, because he is obnoxious to us; he sets himself against our doings, Reproaches us for transgressions of the law and charges us with violations of our training.
13 He professes to have knowledge of God and styles himself a child of the LORD.
14 To us he is the censure of our thoughts; merely to see him is a hardship for us,
15 Because his life is not like other men's, and different are his ways.
16 He judges us debased; he holds aloof from our paths as from things impure. He calls blest the destiny of the just and
boasts that God is his Father.
17 Let us see whether his words be true; let us find out what will happen to him.
18 For if the just one be
the Son of God, he will defend him and deliver him from the hand of his foes.
19 With revilement and torture let us put him to the test that we may have proof of his gentleness and try his patience.
20 Let us condemn him to a shameful death; for according to his own words, God will take care of him."
21 These were their thoughts, but they erred; for their wickedness blinded them,

The Son of God is put to a shameful death!
This is confirmed in the Gospels!

Matthew 27:43
He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, 'I am the Son of God.' "

= Muslims believe in all the real books given by Allah to all the real prophets sent by Allah ..that's why the similarities may push you to say " Mohammad copied " while in reality it was God who reaffirmed his previous words in the Quran

=Muslims believe in crap and they have no idea they are so ignorant and misguided. The Quran does NOT confirm previous scriptures, Jesus Christ did! As you can see from the examples above, Christ is the Son of God who is the Son of Man who is the Lord who was put to death for our sins!
This is what the prophets were telling us, and this is what Christ completed.
The Jews and you misguided ones just can't accept this even when it is solidly supported in scriptures. Your wicked hearts are full of disbelief, and you're easily lead astray by Satan and his tricks.

"Psalms 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. (KJV)"

At first glance, we couldn't possibly find a verse that more loudly screamed of Christianity. It speaks of someone having his hands and feet pierced. Obviously, only one person in the history of the world has had their hands and feet pierced. (This is a prime example of how you need to first believe in Jesus before even the mistranslated representation of what King David wrote can be used as a "proof.") Secondly, what really went on during a crucifixion is that Judas' wrists and ankles were pierced, not the hands and feet. This might seem like nitpicking to one who is not prepared to take this seriously, but it is a valid point nonetheless. Thirdly, we are dealing with a mistranslation. What you see for the word "pierced" is translated from the Hebrew "ka'ari," which means "like a lion." This word is used again in that very same Psalm:

Psalm 22:21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns. (KJV)
Odd, that KJV would translate the very same word as "pierced" in verse 16, but as lion in verse 21. I suppose if the word really did mean "pierce" then verse 21 should read "Save me from the pierced mouth" but of course, that makes no sense.

Is it by chance that Jesus utters the first line of Psalm 22 "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me" during his crucifixion?
And His hands and feet were pierced? Wrists and ankles=hands and feet.

Psalm 22:7-8
7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads:
8 "He trusts in the LORD ;
let the LORD rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him."

And the Gospels confirm this also.

Matthew 27:41-42
41In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him. 42"He saved others," they said, "but he can't save himself! He's the King of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him.

Psalm 22:14-18
14 I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted away within me.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.
16 Dogs have surrounded me;
a band of evil men has encircled me,
they have pierced my hands and my feet.
17 I can count all my bones;
people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my garments among them
and cast lots for my clothing.

While Christ on the cross, soildiers pierce his side and water pours out.
During a crucifixion a man's bones are out of joint.
Christ's body was layed in the dust of the earth.

The same soldiers that pierced Christ's hands and feet are gambling over his clothes!!! Yes, it makes sense!

Matthew 27:35
When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.[

Isaiah 53:4-6
4 Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

Keep saying that Christianity is pagan and Islam truly confirms the prophets, that is not real. Keep decieveing yourself with Satan inspired lies that hide the TRUTH. Here, it has been showed to you that Christ is the Son of God, the Son of Man, the Lord! The prophets revealed in prophecy that Christ would suffer and die for our sins, and the exact events of His crucifixion are spelled out in astonishing accuracy! Say this is pagan? Are the prophets all pagans? How long will you go on decieving yourself to hold on to fallacious doctrine? Find the Truth in Christ, He truly confirms what the prophets have said would happen!
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
-Hebrews 1:1-2

Return to “Archived”