Ezra isn't the Son of God acc. to the Quran. He SAW the Son!

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Ezra isn't the Son of God acc. to the Quran. He SAW the Son!

Postby Believer » Thu Mar 04, 2004 01:12 am

Peace everyone,

[9:30] And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

This surah is not only bitter and spiteful, it's totally wrong about the Jews and Ezra.(Uzair=Ezra=Esdras)

The Jews do not believe that Ezra is the Son of God, however in a Jewish apocryphal writing Ezra sees the Son of God!

II Esdras 2:42-28
Ezra Sees the Son of God
42 I, Ezra, saw on Mount Zion a great multitude that I could not number, and they all were praising the Lord with songs. 43In their midst was a young man of great stature, taller than any of the others, and on the head of each of them he placed a crown, but he was more exalted than they. And I was held spellbound. 44Then I asked an angel, "Who are these, my lord?" 45He answered and said to me, "These are they who have put off mortal clothing and have put on the immortal, and have confessed the name of God. Now they are being crowned, and receive palms." 46Then I said to the angel, "Who is that young man who is placing crowns on them and putting palms in their hands?" 47He answered and said to me, "He is the Son of God, whom they confessed in the world." So I began to praise those who had stood valiantly for the name of the Lord.k 48Then the angel said to me, "Go, tell my people how great and how many are the wonders of the Lord God that you have seen."

Now this II Esdras was written by Jews after Jesus ascended, around 100 AD.
So it's not a prophecy for Christ, but it does reveal that the Jews did indeed believe in the Son of God. Christians didn't make up the idea of the Messiah as the Son of God. He was a real expected figure in early Judaism.
Whoever wrote the Quran just messed up the story in this apocryphal Jewish writing.
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
-Hebrews 1:1-2

littleshepard
Preacher
Preacher

Postby littleshepard » Thu Mar 04, 2004 04:06 am

May I please ask a question? Where can I find the Jewish apocryphal writings? Are they in Hebrew? I'm curious...are there any online? thanks.
Jesus is Love

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Thu Mar 04, 2004 04:37 am

In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;

in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:36 pm

Bump. :wink:

Return to “Archived”