Christ refutes the logic of Muslims

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
Alpha
Moderators
Moderators

Christ refutes the logic of Muslims

Postby Alpha » Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:00 pm

Muslims would say Christ is not God and there is no such thing as a Triune God. This is mostly because they do not understand it. Well, just because you fully do not understand it, does not mean it is proof that it is not true. For example, take a look at a question which Christ asks:

Matthew 22:42-46>"What think ye of Christ? whose son is he?" They say unto him, The Son of David. He saith unto them, "How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, 'The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?' If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?" And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions. (Also in Mark 12, Luke 20).

Right here we see an example of something which completely boggles the mind, yet it is still true regardless of people's opinions. It is not a human's job to try and fully comprehend God. Therefore, Christ Himself refutes the logic of Muslims.
Last edited by Alpha on Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scorpion
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Scorpion » Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:02 pm

true :) very true.
If Jerusalem Belongs To Muslims ... Mecca Belongs To The Jews

Alpha
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Alpha » Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:10 pm

Another example is when Jesus spoke with Nicodemus in John 3. Christ told him you have to be born again to enter the Kingdom of God. And Nicodemus responded "Can a man enter into his mother's womb a second time?" This is an example of how most Muslims argue. They misunderstand spiritual meanings. And in that same chapter, Christ told Nicodemus "If I tell you earthly things and you do not believe, what makes you think you will believe heavenly things?" Again, this shows that the things of heaven are spiritually discerned. And Paul says: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:14).

Murdock
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Postby Murdock » Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:20 pm

Until the Muslims receive the Holy Spirit, they will not understand who God is. People are either ruled by the Holy Spirit or Satan, the deceiver. Until that changes in each person, we might as well be speaking in gibberish to them.
Blessings in Christ

Alpha
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Alpha » Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:27 pm

Murdock wrote:Until the Muslims receive the Holy Spirit, they will not understand who God is. People are either ruled by the Holy Spirit or Satan, the deceiver. Until that changes in each person, we might as well be speaking in gibberish to them.

Also, for someone (such as a Muslim) to receive the Holy Spirit, they atleast have to realize it is not the Angel Gabriel.
Last edited by Alpha on Mon Feb 23, 2004 04:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scorpion
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Scorpion » Mon Feb 23, 2004 04:08 pm

Thats right, AND they have to realize that what Galations says about Angels preaching another Gospel is a warning from our Creator.

Only God could have known about a false cult like Islam and Mormonism and warned us in his word. Muslims need to realize that mohammed as not visited by Angel Gabriel, but by an Evil spirit who dictated a false revelation to him, just like a spirit that appeared to Joseph Smith and has deceived millions into thinking that Joseph smith is the 'seal of the prophets'. What a load of rubbish. It really makes me wonder somehow that why people cant understand Gods Word in the Bible about false revelations and 'other gospels' like Islam and Mormonism. Satan is working overtime dont you think? :roll:

Besides, the rise of Islam was going to happen some time or later, Satan needed somebody to come into conflict with the Jews. God through Abraham made the Jews an eternal generation, Satan time and time again has tried to anhailate the Jews, he tried in world war 2 through possessing Hitler. Why cant nobody leave the Jews and Israel alone and let them get on with their lives and the muslims mind their own business? Because this entire war is Spiritual, not physical.

Anyway, God already knows Islam will be destroyed, its prophecied in the Islamic-led invasion of Israel in Ezekiel chapter 38. Interesting i reckon :)
If Jerusalem Belongs To Muslims ... Mecca Belongs To The Jews

reject not faith
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby reject not faith » Tue Feb 24, 2004 02:39 am

Muslims would say Christ is not God and there is no such thing as a Triune God. This is mostly because they do not understand it. Well, just because you fully do not understand it, does not mean it is proof that it is not true.

To Alpha - My friend you bring a point about faith. You say that Muslims do not believe that Christ is not God because they do not understand it and so it is not enough that it is fake. This is what you believe in and you are entitled fully to your faith. I commend your stand for your faith.
However, God cannot be beaten and crucified by His Creations. It is far above Him to be judged when He is the Ultimate Judge, it is far above his to be mocked at when He know what ye hide and ye reveal. Jesus (may peace be upon him) was a great man and one of the greatest to walk the face of earth, but he delivered a message from God to show man to the straight path. You may still say that I do not understand it because I am a Muslim, but so be it. Yet you look at the crosses all over America and watch Jesus, or God, hang with a crown head as blood trickles from his side where man's spear pierced the side of God. Tell me my friend where is the Glory of God? He loves us this i know, and you wills say that God did that becasue He loved us, but is he not The All mighty and All powerful. Why do we destroy His Grace and call it love? Are you worshipping God or the messenger of God, when it should have been worhsip God and listen to the messengers words of Truth. As for the Trinity, I can only say "Say not that God is part of Trinity for He is One."
Allah! If I worship You in fear of hell them burn me in it; and if i worship You in hope of heaven exclude me from it; but if i worship You for Your own sake, do not withhold me from Your everlasting beauty"

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Tue Feb 24, 2004 03:42 am

The answer about Christ is here in Isaiah 53. :wink:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bibl ... ersion=NIV
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
-Hebrews 1:1-2

Alpha
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 24, 2004 01:36 pm

reject not faith wrote:Muslims would say Christ is not God and there is no such thing as a Triune God. This is mostly because they do not understand it. Well, just because you fully do not understand it, does not mean it is proof that it is not true.

To Alpha - My friend you bring a point about faith. You say that Muslims do not believe that Christ is not God because they do not understand it and so it is not enough that it is fake. This is what you believe in and you are entitled fully to your faith. I commend your stand for your faith.
However, God cannot be beaten and crucified by His Creations. It is far above Him to be judged when He is the Ultimate Judge, it is far above his to be mocked at when He know what ye hide and ye reveal. Jesus (may peace be upon him) was a great man and one of the greatest to walk the face of earth, but he delivered a message from God to show man to the straight path. You may still say that I do not understand it because I am a Muslim, but so be it. Yet you look at the crosses all over America and watch Jesus, or God, hang with a crown head as blood trickles from his side where man's spear pierced the side of God. Tell me my friend where is the Glory of God? He loves us this i know, and you wills say that God did that becasue He loved us, but is he not The All mighty and All powerful. Why do we destroy His Grace and call it love? Are you worshipping God or the messenger of God, when it should have been worhsip God and listen to the messengers words of Truth. As for the Trinity, I can only say "Say not that God is part of Trinity for He is One."

In the Trinity, God is One. One God manifested in three persons. Also, how does the crucifixion take away from the glory of God? I already told you that Christ said no one takes His life, but He gives it willingly AND brings it back up. Now that is glory! If you won't accept that, then think of this: God allows human beings to sin aganist Him, yet He does not do anything for the time being for judgment has not come. But according to your logic, I can say God does not exist because if He is perfect, then there wouldn't be sin in the world. How can such a perfect God allow imperfect creation to sin against him? So do not say God did not let His creation kill Him, when He allows His creation to sin against Him in the first place.

Also, God is not a Johnny Come Lately. Were pagan gods created by man before God Almighty was known? Clearly the Christian doctrine is the word of God. Especially with its forewarnings of false revelations to come.

littleshepard
Preacher
Preacher

Postby littleshepard » Wed Feb 25, 2004 01:40 am

Believer wrote:The answer about Christ is here in Isaiah 53. :wink:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bibl ... ersion=NIV

But here in Isaiah it seems as if God was talking about Jesus as if He were separate from Him....just a man....making His life a guilt offering...
Jesus is Love

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Wed Feb 25, 2004 02:41 am

Welcome littleshepard,

But here in Isaiah it seems as if God was talking about Jesus as if He were separate from Him....just a man....making His life a guilt offering...

Jesus was both God and Human, do you believe this?
Some prophecies speak in reference to Jesus as God, some refer to Him as a human. Prophecies are quite interesting in that respect. Sometimes He is referred to as King, Lord, servant, Just One, etc.
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;

in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,

-Hebrews 1:1-2

littleshepard
Preacher
Preacher

Postby littleshepard » Thu Feb 26, 2004 04:00 am

Believer wrote:Welcome littleshepard,

Jesus was both God and Human, do you believe this?
Some prophecies speak in reference to Jesus as God, some refer to Him as a human. Prophecies are quite interesting in that respect. Sometimes He is referred to as King, Lord, servant, Just One, etc.

Yes, I personally believe this, but the person on the outside that is trying to read the bible on a "logical sense" or "word for word" [need humanistic proof] sense would not understand this readily. This is why I think when mohamed was hearing about the gospel, he didn't believe it to be as such [like Jehova's witness] and decided to tell things his way or was an unfortunate victim to the devil's chicanery. :(

The other thing is that alot of the "lost bibles" were not put in so that added to the controversy of not believing. Catholic bible differs from the Protestant bible and so on. The Shepard of Hermas where some believed that the angel of repentace was the comforter :-?

Then you have stories like Mary Magdeline and Phillip that have "damaging" testimonies that Christ may have had Mary Magdaline as more than just a disciple. :-?
Jesus is Love

Return to “Archived”