Please show respect for each other.

Muslim & Christian Discussion Forum. <i>Registered Users</i> Christians & Muslims Only!
carol_au
Preacher
Preacher

Please show respect for each other.

Postby carol_au » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:47 am

Hi everyone,

You will notice there has been a change around of moderators and of the format of these forums. We have a debating forum and a discussion forum, each with their own particular way of discussing issues any of us want to raise relating to Islam and Christianity.

Please may I remind everyone who writes to the Muslim and Christian Discussion forum that it is a discussion forum. This doesn't mean that you can't disagree.. but please remember that the concept is to discuss your point of view and to show why you believe it, disagree with others certainly but in so doing, please do not attack the other posters character, or be too disrespectful about their faith.

Remember, that whether you personally are right or wrong, the other person also believes they are right, and this closes the door to decent discussions, and therefore a coming to the truth about any subject. Respect does not necessarily mean acceptance of another's viewpoint, but of an understanding we are all humans together regardless of our faith. Disagreement in discussion is a reality, but please be careful that in your desire to share what you believe you don't also begin to debate your viewpoint.

If you want to debate an issue, then you are welcome to take it to the other forum. here we would like facts to be discussed, whether they be from a Christian or Muslim perspective.

Any post which attacks another poster personally in any way, will not be allowed to remain on this forum. So please, if you want to take part in the discussions on this thread, remember to be respectful in your discussions, even whilst you discuss and present your viewpoint.

God bless you all,

Carol

"You will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

Return to “Muslim & Christian Discussion Forum”