Daniel and David see the Father glorifying the Son!

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Daniel and David see the Father glorifying the Son!

Postby Believer » Wed Feb 11, 2004 05:13 am

Peace everyone,

The prophet Daniel saw a vision of the Son of Man recieving eternal dominion by the Ancient of Days. Clearly this is the Father giving the Son eternal Dominion as prophecies say.

Daniel 7:13-14
13 "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The Son of Man is worshipped!! He is Jesus the Lord!

David also sees the Lord Jesus which corresponds to this vision of Daniel:

Psalm 110:1
The LORD says to my Lord:
"Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet."

The Gospels verifies that these verses are about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Matthew 22:41-46
Whose Son Is the Christ

41While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42"What do you think about the Christ ? Whose son is he?"
"The son of David," they replied.
43He said to them, "How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'Lord'? For he says,
44" 'The Lord said to my Lord:
"Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet." ' 45If then David calls him 'Lord,' how can he be his son?" 46No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Jesus shows Himself to be the Lord.

Matthew 24:30-31
30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Jesus explains that He is the Son of Man that Daniel saw who is worshipped and who is the Lord!

Honesty, what more proof do you need that Jesus Christ is the Lord?
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
-Hebrews 1:1-2

oneGOD
Preacher
Preacher

Postby oneGOD » Wed Feb 11, 2004 06:46 am

Not really trying to argue here but it's funny how many versions you got for the word of God:

KJV :
13: I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14: And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

RSV:
13: I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him.
14: And to him was given dominion and glory and kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed.

NAB:
As the visions during the night continued, I saw One like a son of man coming, on the clouds of heaven; When he reached the Ancient One and was presented before him,
He received dominion, glory, and kingship; nations and peoples of every language serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that shall not be taken away, his kingship shall not be destroyed

I don't see the word worshipped him, in three versions. Talking about adding words?

Obviously you are just fooled.

Alpha
Moderators
Moderators

Postby Alpha » Wed Feb 11, 2004 02:58 pm

oneGOD wrote:Not really trying to argue here but it's funny how many versions you got for the word of God:

KJV :
13: I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14: And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

RSV:
13: I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him.
14: And to him was given dominion and glory and kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed.

NAB:
As the visions during the night continued, I saw One like a son of man coming, on the clouds of heaven; When he reached the Ancient One and was presented before him,
He received dominion, glory, and kingship; nations and peoples of every language serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that shall not be taken away, his kingship shall not be destroyed

I don't see the word worshipped him, in three versions. Talking about adding words?

Obviously you are just fooled.

The word worshipped is not in any of the three versions you posted from, but it does say this everlasting kingdom will belong to this son of man. And it does say He will have dominion, glory, and people shall serve Him.

oneGOD
Preacher
Preacher

Postby oneGOD » Wed Feb 11, 2004 08:20 pm

But it doesn't have the word worshipped, my point there was that you people add things, just like in whatever Believer got his verse from.

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:09 am

Peace OneGOD,

wor·ship ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wûrshp)
n.

a. The reverent love and devotion accorded a deity, an idol, or a sacred object.
b. The ceremonies, prayers, or other religious forms by which this love is expressed.
2. Ardent devotion; adoration.

Whether or not the word is mentioned in this passage fropm Daniel, the Son of Man is being worshipped.

All of the nations of the world serve Him, He is obviously not some mortal man. He is Jesus Christ who is worshipped by all.
Also, David sees the Father and the Lord Jesus, what can you say about this?
You have not even commented on my post! Are you speachless?
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;

in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,

oneGOD
Preacher
Preacher

Postby oneGOD » Thu Feb 12, 2004 01:31 am

Why do you live in denial, there is no worship in the passage. Typical denial.

Omega

Postby Omega » Thu Feb 12, 2004 01:33 am

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:11

It is written:have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Isaiah 45:21-23

God Bless!

oneGOD
Preacher
Preacher

Postby oneGOD » Thu Feb 12, 2004 01:36 am

Philippians 2:11

Oh well, that's not what Jesus said about himself, As I said before, it is what others said about him.

Isaiah 45:21-23

I don't see Jesus here. I have no problem with that, it's God addressing himself, and yes we Muslims do actually bow

Omega

Postby Omega » Thu Feb 12, 2004 01:43 am

Omega wrote:And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:11

It is written:have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Isaiah 45:21-23

God Bless!

I don't know that to tell you my friend, when you stand before Almighty God on the Great White Throne Judgement, you will have no excuse. And do you know who it is that shall condemn you or give you eternal life?

His name is Jesus!

The very person whom you have rejected as God and Saviour.

It is written:As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.John 17:2

If you were Truly Wise than you would choose Eternal Life, given to all with Grace to those who are willing to receive it freely. There is only One Way and One Truth.

And thats all for now! :D

Omega

Postby Omega » Thu Feb 12, 2004 01:48 am

He'll be comin around the mountain when he comes!

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Thu Feb 12, 2004 03:59 am

OneGOD, please define "worship"
I gave a definition from an online dictionary.
The Son of Man was being worshipped by the nations of the world, this is consistent with Jesus Christ! Clearly Daniel saw the Father and the Son.
How can you deny this? Do you have a better explanation?

What do you suppose David saw? Like Daniel he saw the Father glorifying the Son. Here David sees that the Father is the Lord and Jesus is the Lord.

The Gospel and other prophecies reaffirm what the prophet Daniel and King David saw: the Father and the Son!
Open your eyes to what is so obvious!

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Thu Feb 12, 2004 04:09 am

2 Samuel 7:1-16
God's Promise to David

1 After the king was settled in his palace and the LORD had given him rest from all his enemies around him, 2 he said to Nathan the prophet, "Here I am, living in a palace of cedar, while the ark of God remains in a tent."
3 Nathan replied to the king, "Whatever you have in mind, go ahead and do it, for the LORD is with you."
4 That night the word of the LORD came to Nathan, saying:

5 "Go and tell my servant David, 'This is what the LORD says: Are you the one to build me a house to dwell in? 6 I have not dwelt in a house from the day I brought the Israelites up out of Egypt to this day. I have been moving from place to place with a tent as my dwelling. 7 Wherever I have moved with all the Israelites, did I ever say to any of their rulers whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, "Why have you not built me a house of cedar?" '
8 "Now then, tell my servant David, 'This is what the LORD Almighty says: I took you from the pasture and from following the flock to be ruler over my people Israel. 9 I have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have cut off all your enemies from before you. Now I will make your name great, like the names of the greatest men of the earth. 10 And I will provide a place for my people Israel and will plant them so that they can have a home of their own and no longer be disturbed. Wicked people will not oppress them anymore, as they did at the beginning 11 and have done ever since the time I appointed leaders over my people Israel. I will also give you rest from all your enemies.
" 'The LORD declares to you that the LORD himself will establish a house for you: 12 When your days are over and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with the rod of men, with floggings inflicted by men. 15 But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. 16 Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.' "

Return to “Archived”