A Picture Of Paradise - The Qur'an

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
Light
Preacher
Preacher

A Picture Of Paradise - The Qur'an

Postby Light » Fri Dec 05, 2003 05:14 am

What is/are houris and explain to me the purpose of "houris"?

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Fri Dec 05, 2003 04:19 pm

Image Houris & Human Slavery in Jannah

Benefits of Reciting Certain Surahs of the Holy Quran source -- http://www.duas.org/suraben.doc

[Surah ash-Shura (The Council) It is narrated from Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) that whoever recites this surah will be raised on the Day of Reckoning with a face as bright as the full moon and he will be told : ‘You are from those who used to recite ash- shura. If you knew the reward for this, you would never have felt tired of reciting it.’The angels will then be ordered to take him to Jannah where he will find a palace made of red rubies. There will be two houries and a thousand slaves in that palace.

Surah ad-Dahr (The Period) If a person recites this surah, especially on Thursday mornings, he will be rewarded with a hundred houries and four thousand slaves in Jannah and he will be given a place close to that of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.). Reciting it win war brings victory. Drinking water in which this surah has been dissolved is good for those with heart problems.

Definition of Houri -- 1 : one of the beautiful maidens that in Muslim belief live with the blessed in paradise 2 : a voluptuously beautiful young woman

Sex Image & Human slavery Image have been weaved into the very fabric of Jannah.

From The Farside Image

Alexei
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Alexei » Fri Dec 05, 2003 08:06 pm

Light wrote:

Farside wrote:

Houris & Human Slavery in Jannah

Benefits of Reciting Certain Surahs of the Holy Quran source -- http://www.duas.org/suraben.doc
Quote:
[Surah ash-Shura (The Council) It is narrated from Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) that whoever recites this surah will be raised on the Day of Reckoning with a face as bright as the full moon and he will be told : ‘You are from those who used to recite ash- shura. If you knew the reward for this, you would never have felt tired of reciting it.’The angels will then be ordered to take him to Jannah where he will find a palace made of red rubies. There will be two houries and a thousand slaves in that palace.

Quote:
Surah ad-Dahr (The Period) If a person recites this surah, especially on Thursday mornings, he will be rewarded with a hundred houries and four thousand slaves in Jannah and he will be given a place close to that of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.). Reciting it win war brings victory. Drinking water in which this surah has been dissolved is good for those with heart problems.

Definition of Houri -- 1 : one of the beautiful maidens that in Muslim belief live with the blessed in paradise 2 : a voluptuously beautiful young woman

Sex & Human slavery have been weaved into the very fabric of Jannah.

From The Farside

Well before answering your two "smart" :lol: questions, I think you both should start by defining "PARADISE"??
What is "P A R A D I S E" ????
Once we did and we all come to an agreement on what is P A R A D I S E , then we'll go on with you questions.
So what is Paradise? and why God Almighty created a Paradise? For what purposes?

Thank you
Alexei

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:03 pm

ImageWhat is Jannah? Jannah is Gold Bricks and Gold Palaces.
source -- http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamental ... 7.sbt.html

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 151 Allah's Apostle said: (I saw in a dream that) I entered Paradise, and behold, there was a palace built of gold! . . .
Bukhari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 171The Prophet added, "So we ascended till we reached a city built of gold and silver bricks and we went to its gate and asked (the gatekeeper) to open the gate, and it was opened and we entered the city . . .

Throughout the history of mankind Gold has been associated with death and destruction. The Spanish Conquistadors conquered and destroyed the native Indian civilizations of central and south America in their pursuit of Gold. The Arabic conquest of Persia and India was driven by the lure of Gold and booty. Gold has been used to finance armies in the countless number of wars among the nations of Earth. An unknown number of South African Gold miners have died in the unrelenting search for Gold. Cortes, a Spanish Conquistador, never found his El Dorado, the legendary City of Gold of the Americas. However, even today people are still seeking cities of Gold in life and in death.(Jannah)

Image Gold is truly the universal symbol of death and destruction. It’s amazing that Allah would construct Jannah from Gold.

From the Farside Image

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:59 pm

Peace Light,

Meaning of Hoor

The word hoor is actually the plural of ahwar (applicable to man) and of haura (applicable to woman) and signifies a person having eyes characterized by hauar a special quality bestowed upon a good soul, male or female in paradise and it denotes the intense whiteness of the white part of the spiritual eye.

The Qur’an describes in several other verses that in paradise you will have azwaj which mean a pair or spouse or companion which means you will have spouses or companions pure and holy (mutaharratun means pure, holy).

"But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits therefrom, they say: "Why, this is what we were fed with before", for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (forever)".
[Al-Qur’an 2:25]

"But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, We shall soon admit to Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath – their eternal home; therein shall they have companions pure and holy: we shall admit them to shades, cool and ever deepening". [Al-Qur’an 4:57]

Therefore the word hoor has no specific gender. Mohammad Asad has translated the word hoor as spouse and Abdullah Yusuf Ali as companion. Therefore according to some scholars a man in paradise will have a hoor that is a beautiful maiden with beautiful big and lustrous eyes and a woman in paradise will get a man with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.

What is their purpose?

Their role that they will play is not given as far as I have read. You will find out if you get there :wink:
This nation will get sick but it will never die and will doze but never sleep so do not lose your hope. You will return your glory.

Light
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Light » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:04 am

Is sexual intercourse allowed in paradise?

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:32 am

Peace Farside,

Sex & Human slavery have been weaved into the very fabric of Jannah.

Sex and human slavery? Where does it say in the Quran and hadith that the hoors were created for sexual purposes? Furthermore, from that hadith you quoted ( next time site whether the hadith is aunthentic), where does it say that the slaves are human?

Gold is truly the universal symbol of death and destruction. It’s amazing that Allah would construct Jannah from Gold.

Well I love Gold and everything gold :lol: If that makes me a bad person, then so be it! Moreover, the gold of this world is not that of the hereafter.
This nation will get sick but it will never die and will doze but never sleep so do not lose your hope. You will return your glory.

Light
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Light » Sat Dec 06, 2003 02:31 am

Do you believe that Muhammad Mutawalli al-sha-rawi (Current Sheikh of Islam) to be a reliable source of information?

Here are his credentials:

What Makes Al-Sha'rawi a distinguished Scholar?

Al-Sha'rawi had a unique method in interpreting Quran in a scientific way; his method can be easily understood by people of all ages. He also succeeded in clarifying many verses and finding adequate meanings and uses for words in Quran.
Al-Sha'rawi spent all his money on his village in building educational institutions, orphanages and clinics. Besides, he opened his house to needy people.
Worked as a teacher in the Islamic institution in Tanta, then in Alexandria and Zagazig institutions.
Worked In Saudi Arabia in Al-Anjal Institution in 1950.
Brought to teach at Shariah Faculty of King Abdul-Aziz University in Mecca, 1951.
Came back to Egypt and assigned as a Deputy Director to Tanta Institution, 1960.
Worked as a Director of Awqaf for the Eastern State of Egypt, 1960.
Assigned as a General Director of Azhar Affairs, 1965.
Assigned as head of Higher Studies Section at King Abdul-Aziz University, 1972.
Handled the Ministry of Awqaf and Azhar Affairs in Egypt, 1976.
Was chosen member in Consultancy Council in Egypt, 1980.
Was chosen member in the Azhar Researchs Centre, 1980.
Was chosen member at the Muslim World League in Mecca.
Obtained the Merit Model of first degree, 1976.
Obtained King Faisal Prize, 1978.
Obtained an honorary Doctorate in Arts from Mansoora and Manofiyya Universities.
Was chosen Islamic Personality for the year1418H, and rewarded by the Dubai International Holy Quran Award.
Obtained Sheikh Zayed Model of first degree.

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Sat Dec 06, 2003 06:07 am

Do you Mulims believe that you can have sex in heaven?
Do you believe that you will be reunited with your spouse(s), or be one with all in heaven?
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
-Hebrews 1:1-2

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Sat Dec 06, 2003 06:20 am

Peace Light,

Do you believe that Muhammad Mutawalli al-sha-rawi (Current Sheikh of Islam) to be a reliable source of information?

Muhammad al-Sha-rawi, may God have mercy on him, was a decent scholars but he had mistakes in his teachings. But scholars of our day use some of his work which is inline with authentic hadith, but they leave out the mistakes.

Light, how about if I make it easy for you. Do you want me to give you highly regarded scholars of the past and those that are present? I know you trying to prove a point here :wink:

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Sat Dec 06, 2003 07:39 am

Peace Believer,

Do you Mulims believe that you can have sex in heaven?

That kind of specific information is not given!

Do you believe that you will be reunited with your spouse(s), or be one with all in heaven?

Yes if your spouse(s) is also an inhabitant of paradise, you will be reunited!You will also be runited with your family members and friends. You will recognise all the people you knew on Earth! :D

Light
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Light » Sat Dec 06, 2003 08:36 am

Light, how about if I make it easy for you. Do you want me to give you highly regarded scholars of the past and those that are present? I know you trying to prove a point here

Indeed, why else would I question you?

Knock up a list for me, those who you trust, however considering that man's record and all I have read about him, I do not know how you can call him a decent scholar.

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Sat Dec 06, 2003 08:43 am

Peace Light,

Knock up a list for me, those who you trust.

Hmm..Lets see. I'll mention a couple now, and add to them later:

Imam an-Nawawi, Sheikh Al-Albani, Bukhaari, Imam Malik, Imam Shafi, Imam Hambali, Imam Hanafi, Ibn Kathir, Ibn Taymiyyah, Ibn Uthamyiha...

, however considering that man's record and all I have read about him, I do not know how you can call him a decent scholar

No offence Light, but you don't know what your talking about!

Light
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Light » Sat Dec 06, 2003 08:59 am

No offence Light, but you don't know what your talking about!

According to many Islamic sites I have visited, those of which I checked to see if he was worthy of quoting, he was said to be at least a good scholar.

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:10 pm

Peace Light,

According to many Islamic sites I have visited, those of which I checked to see if he was worthy of quoting, he was said to be at least a good scholar.

I remember that I had clearly said that he was a decent scholar. He is not a renowned scholar like those that I have mentioned, but most of what he writes is quoted and used by other scholars. But he makes mistakes and that was my point!

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Sat Dec 06, 2003 06:31 pm

Image What is Jannah? Is there Equality in Jannah?

From the Law of Islam: The Risala of 'Abdullah ibn Abi Zayd al- Qayrawani -- A Treatise on Maliki Fiqh
source -- http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... age17.html

The proper prayer must be made for a deceased husband.
21.4c. One excellent form (husband) . . . Give him a home better than the home he had, a family better than the family he had and a wife better than the wife he had. . . .

On the other hand, the proper prayer for a deceased wife is slightly different.
21.6 If the dead person is a woman (wife) . . . The only difference is that you do not say, "Give her a husband better than her husband. . ." because in the Garden she can be the wife of the man who was her husband in this world and the women of the Garden are attached only to their husbands and have no desire for anyone else. A man may have many wives in the Garden whereas women only have one husband.

Image Equality in Jannah – not between husband and wife.

From the Farside Image

Joseph
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Joseph » Sat Dec 06, 2003 07:27 pm

First and foremost. Carol, I'm sorry for you loss. May our Lord and Savior comfort you.

To all who welcomed me, Thank you. Salaam, Fatima, I have special fondness for your name. Perhaps for the reason, my mother's name is Fatima;) To webmaster, my apologizes for overlooking members introduction folder and cluttering the board. To the subject.

Sexual intercourse in Janna or Paradise is not directly mentioned in Quran, however its speech is reason for the question. There are hadiths which deal with subject and one I can remember, claims there will be plenty. Whether sex hadiths are authentic, is an intramural affair for Muslims but nevertheless contained in accredited collections. According to Islamic instructions received from my father, I understood receptive maidens to be one of paradise rewards. In which level of paradise purported activity takes place (or even if level matters), I don't know. Concerning if the maidens and vassals are of human nature, the Quran claims they will be a new or different creation. Again, speech raising question(s)

regards, joseph jibran

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Sat Dec 06, 2003 08:57 pm

Image What is Jannah? Does Jannah have a Free Sex Market? Source -- http://www.balaams-ass.com/alhaj/paradis2.htm

Fazlul Maulana-- Al Hadis, Book 4, Chap. 42, no. 34, Ali reported that the Apostle of Allah said: 'There is in Paradise a market, wherein there will be no buying or selling, but will consist of men and women. When a man will desire a beauty, he will have intercourse with them.' Attested Tirmizi.

The clarion call of the decadent Sixties at the University of California at Berkeley was

. . . . . . . . . . .Free Love, Free Sex!Image . . . . . . . . . . .

Image It's amazing that Allah adopted for Jannah the sexual morality of the University of California at Berkeley! Over each of the eight gates of Jannah, there should be a neon sign announcing to the Universe the message of Berkeley -- Free Love, Free Sex!

From the Farside Image

Alexei
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Alexei » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:04 pm

Well I found this interesting article written by a Christian, enjoy it :lol: :

Is there food, drink, pleasure, and do angels have
SEX IN HEAVEN?
SUPERNATURAL RESURRECTION- OR ANGELIC BODIES
Us, humans, have merely a worm's eye view of God's big apple of the Universe and the mysterious surrounding Heavenly Realm outside of it! So for us to talk about "Heaven" is like a worm talking from inside his mushy apple, about the endless unknown reality of space and light as an "Out-of-Apple Experience", and our talking about "Resurrection" or "Angelic bodies", as the same worm trying to coin his next manifestation as bug or butterfly, as a "glorified worm body!"
We realise it remains difficult! Yet we can consult reliable sources of knowledge about the next life, when we read about or had a "Near Death Experience" or other spiritual experiences, OR... if we read the Bible! IF you do--with a non-churchian mindset that is--you come to some amazing conclusions! One of which is very startling!--The fact that angels and us can make love or have SEX in Heaven!
THE SEXY SONS OF GOD
In the Bible is a very interesting passage, which has been a source of controversy among church people, as most of them have quite a sex-phobic mindset and attitudes. This passage in Genesis 6:1 which took place in the pre-diluvian days of Noah, goes as follows:
"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were pretty; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always struggle with man, for that he is also flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; [Editor: giant human skeletons have been found!] and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."
The "sons of God" are the angels, just as Jesus is also a Son of God. But He is called the "only begotten", meaning that He is the only BORN Son of God, because He was the only one willing or chosen, who chose to come down into this life as a flesh and blood human being to forge an escape from sin, by breaking its curse with the sacrifice of His own death and blood. It says, th
"He was made a little lower than the angels!"
In spirit, Jesus was far above any angel, including of course the rebelling or "fallen" angels like Lucifer. But he was made a little bit lower in the flesh!
Angels have bodies too, that can look similar to ours. That's why it says in the Bible:
"Be not reluctant to entertain strangers, because some have entertained ANGELS without realizing it"
But Jesus' body was lower in that it was like our flesh and blood bodies that are limited in powers! Angels' bodies can dematerialise, appear and disappear, fly and change form and probably do lots of other tricks that we can't even imagine. (Angels struck the Sodomite attackers of Lot with blindness!)
Angel bodies are made from superior Heavenly substances; from Heavenly flesh and bones. As Jesus said after His resurrection, when He got back his angelic body that He had before He came down here:
"Touch me and handle me, for a spirit has no flesh and bones as you see me have!"
[A very good verse for those who don't think there are spirit bodies without flesh and bones!]
Then He ate some food to prove that his new glorified body was similar to theirs, and that he was not a ghost! He could still enjoy the flesh!--His new angelic flesh as well! Only by eating?--Or drinking too? And how about exercising? And what about SEX-ercising? Oh-oh!
DO ANGELS MAKE LOVE?
So, in these pre-flood days of Noah, the sons of God—the Angels—"saw the daughters of men, that they were pretty!" They really liked those girls and the way they looked, and greatly desired them, and so they took them as wives, and "went in unto them!" Pretty sexy, if you ask me!--Biblical language for making love. And these pretty human daughters even bore them sons, which grew up to become famous people! So in effect, their kids were some kind of half-gods, having angels as their fathers!
Now whether you like it or not, this can only mean that angels have bodies that are capable of manifesting the same (Although better! No impotency and so on! Ha!) sexual functions as ours, that they can have intercourse! And why NOT! Shouldn’t Angels have the same pleasures or even more pleasures than us? Of course! So, Angels—the Sons of God—must also have… penises, or at least the ability to have and manifest one! I don't think they fertilized those pretty girls artificially or through some miracle! It says they fancied those girls, for what? For just talking with them? Or playing chess? No, they fancied their bodies! They saw they were "fair!" The "lust of the eye!"
You can’t get around it. Many churchians would maybe want to, because it screws up their theology! "It is not JUDEO-CHRISTIAN MORALLY CORRECT!" This wouldn’t bother Muslims, as they have a sexy Heaven, and even believe in "heavenly houris", where the Germanic words; "whore", "hoer", "hure" etc. come from, girls who freely share their sexual favors with their saints! In the Heavenlies, Muslims are much more liberal than average Churchians! Lets face it! Allah bless them!
Uh-oh, now we've done it! We have now lost most, if not all of our churchy, preconceived ideas audience right here on the spot, if they ever dared to enter this "sacrilegious" website, which suggests that there is SEX IN HEAVEN!
"Tsk! Tsk! Of ALL THINGS! HOW DARE HE! CRUCIFY HIM!!"
IS THERE SEX IN HEAVEN?
Standard Churchian explanations of the above Bible passage are; that these angels were (of course!) "fallen angels!"--As in their concept, only fallen angels could have had penises! Ha! Poor obedient angels! They didn't know what they were missing, because according to these Churchian views, they wouldn't even have been equipped with sexual organs, as there would be no need for them, as certainly nobody goes toilet in Heaven!
According to most Churchian doctrine, there is NO SEX in Heaven, as according to them sex was a "direct result of the fall of man into sin!"
So these angels had also "fallen into sin", or became fallen angels "in the very horrible act", and as a result must have grown sex organs on the spot, "these evil sprouting manifestations of their impure thoughts", like Adam and Eve had when they obeyed the serpent—the Devil—who promptly gave them these luscious sinful juicy horny sex organs, "so they could "suffer" Churchy abstinence and condemnation!" Ha! How ridiculous can you get!
When these so-called "fallen angels" came down or manifested themselves in earthly forms and dimensions, and flirted with those pretty "fallen" girls of men, the obedient angels must have been spitefully watching from Above with blushing faces, listening to all these wonderful moaning and ecstatic sounds that these "fallen girls" and no doubt these "fallen angels" were making down there, while they came together in Angelic Orgasms! Whew!
You can just imagine how insanely jealous these "goodie goodie" angels must have been, as jealous as today's Churchians secretly are of our sex-crazed world! As jealous as when they must have watched Adam meet Eve for the first time, when he walked up to her, and fell into her beautiful blue eyes, and...shook her hand?? NO WAY MAN! She shook his little hand! Ha! And it quickly began to grow! And it wasn't long before Adam and Eve were going at it, right there in the Garden of Eden! As it is written:
"Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD." (Genesis 4:1)
A bit like the following joke!
This nun was in a TV Quiz and was asked the 64 $ question: "What did Eve say when she saw Adam for the first time in the Garden of Eden!"
The nun was thinking and thinking, rubbing her chin, shaking her head, paining her brain and finally in exasperation answered: "Oooh! That's a HARD one!"
The Quiz-master cried out, "That's the right answer!"
IS SEX A SIN?
Now why did all these Churchy people cook up this "fallen angels" theory, other than to justify their belief that "sex is sinful!"—Which doctrine is actually an old puritan hangover from Pagan religions, first perpetrated by the Roman Catholic Church, and then slavishly taken over by Protestantism, Evangelicals and Holiness churches! But you will not find anything anywhere in the Bible that declares that sex is sinful!
Of course, there is sinful sex! Just as much as there is sinful eating, and sinful exercising, etc., mostly dependent on what motives are involved and what measure! Like, if you steal bread from the poor, that is sinful eating, or when you eat far too much and hurt your body, that is sinful eating, or when you exercise too much so your body becomes deformed! Likewise...if you steal sex from your neighbor, it is sinful sex, or if you use portals that weren't designed for it and they tear and get infected and kill you in the long run! Or if you let an unregenerated departed spirit, even of another gender, enter your mind, heart and spirit and take you over with such destructive and unnatural behavior often leading to violence and murder! That is sinful sex. But sex as such is not sinful! Neither is eating, nor drinking, nor exercising!
Sex is a wonderful creation of God, His amazing gift to Mankind, that He himself instituted also to keep this His project going! Because without His holy sex there is no procreation, and the eternal new harvest of Heavenly spirits would miss their chance to grow into perfection, without getting this wonderful once-in-an-eternity chance to come down here into this life and grow as substantially as men do in this level of God's wonderful Universe! As it says in Hebrews 12:22,23
"But ye are come...unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and ecclessia of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men [being] made perfect."
There the Eternal City is mentioned again, "Heavenly Jerusalem", God's Heavenly City, with its original inhabitants, the angels, as well as "the spirits of just men" who are in the process of being made perfect! Two classes, among God-knows-how-many more!--Cherubs, Seraphs and even Heavenly beasts, etc.—Angels and spirits of just men!
Spirits are spirits because they have not an angelic body… yet! But the last shall be first, because an angelic body is promised them! All the believers of the last 2000 years AND us who will still be alive after the coming terrible worldwide Persecution of Christians, will receive a resurrection body in the imminent Great Resurrection at the soon coming of Jesus and His triumphant reentry into the Earth's Atmosphere! There we will join the already resurrected Old Testament Saints, who were resurrected at the resurrection of Jesus 2000 years ago!
WHAT WILL WE BE LIKE, AFTER THE RESURRECTION?
Enjoy the following account, when Jesus was tempted by the skeptic religionists of His time. (Luke 20:27-35)
"Then came to him certain of the Sadducees (the modernists of His time! They were so sad-you-see?), which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him, saying, 'Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
"There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children.
"And the second took her to wife, and he died childless. And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died. Last of all the woman died also.
"Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? For seven had her to wife."
"And Jesus answering said unto them, 'The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage. But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage."
Mark 12:25 "For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
Matthew 22:30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."
We will be AS the angels of God which are in Heaven. He didn't say "will be the angels" as that would exclude the first generation of angels already there! But we will be just like them, "as the angels!"
So now you understand why we are so happy, because we believe that there is SEX IN HEAVEN and that we will soon become angels in the coming Resurrection, meaning that we will have bodies just like them, and powers like them! As St. John said, "And we shall be like Him!" Like Jesus! Not the same in authority or stature as Jesus of course, who is the first and foremost top-creation of God! No! But we will have the same kind of body! WOW! (1 John 3:1,2)
"Look, what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we [already in spirit!] the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."
That's when Jesus comes back to resurrect and gather us unto himself and take us Home to New Jerusalem, the Heavenly city! And contrary to public opinion, a SEXY Heaven!
I can hardly wait! Can you? Are you ready to go There? Go to Heaven? You will be, if you only ask Jesus:
Dear Jesus, please come into my heart
and forgive me for all the unloving things I've done,
and give me your gift of eternal life,
in Jesus name, amen! Thank You

http://www.heavenlyparadise.cjb.net/heaven/sexinhev.htm

And please don't hesitate to read the Q/A session.

And for the Sons Of God explanation:

The following "Question" was asked by a member of the congregation at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, and "Answered" by their pastor, John MacArthur Jr. It was transcribed from the tape, GC 1301-B, titled "Bible Questions and Answers Part 4." A copy of the tape can be obtained by writing, Word of Grace, P.O. Box 4000, Panorama City, CA 91412 or by dialing toll free 1-800-55-GRACE. ©1976. All Rights Reserved.

Question

How can angels be sexless if they married with the daughters of men and produced monsters?

Answer

That is a loaded question. That is like saying, “When did you stop beating your wife?” There is no good answer to that question because there are some assumptions there that we have to back up and understand. Number one, it doesn’t say that they produced monsters. Number two, how can angels be sexless if they married—who said angels are sexless?

Now, let’s go back to Genesis 6 and look at this very knotty problem—K-N-O-T-T-Y. Genesis 6:1: “It came to pass when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were fair. They took them wives of all whom they chose.” Now, the “sons of God” here, I believe, are angels. I think that’s the proper interpretation. So, angels saw the daughters of men—human women—cohabitated, and they produced, verse 4, “Giants in the earth in those days.” Now—“Mighty men, men of renown,” verse 4 says.

Now, the question comes, “How could angels cohabitate with women if angels are sexless? The answer is, who said angels are sexless? That is not in scripture. It does not say in scripture anywhere that angels do not have any capability of identifying with a sex. The scripture that people have in mind is Matthew 22:30. It says in Matthew 22:30, “For in the resurrection, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like the angels of God in heaven.” All it says there is that the angels don’t marry. It doesn’t say that they are not of any sex.

You say, “Yes, but Hebrews 1 says, “They are ministering spirits” and a spirit does not have a sexual identity because he is a spirit, not a physical being. I agree, but angels have some form. Now, we talked about this in our series. They have some kind of form. It isn’t a form like we know… I Corinthians 15:44 says, “There is a natural body and there is a spiritual body.” They have some kind of a spiritual form. They take some substance, some form.

Now, notice whenever that form becomes visible to man, it is a male form. Whenever angels appear as men, whenever their form is somehow translated into a capacity for the humans to see, it is a male form. For example, Mark 16:5, after the resurrection, “Entering the sepulcher, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long, white garment, and they were amazed,” and we know, of course, this was an angel. When he appeared, he appeared as a male.

So, angels have some kind of a body and when that body becomes apparent to men, it is a male body. In fact, in Luke 24:4, it mentions two angels at the resurrection; both of them are categorized as men. In Matthew 28:3, the same thing again: “His countenance was like lightning.” So, somehow, some way, angels can materialize to be seen by human beings. Hebrews 12 says that some have entertained angels unaware. They looked so much like they were human that the folks entertaining them were not even aware that they were angelic. In Genesis 18 and 19, three men visited Abraham and Sarah and they were angels, and perhaps one of them even a theophany of God. Jacob wrestled with an angel. Daniel 10 records the reference to an angel there… Many times in the Bible angels are seen by men and always in a male form. They were attacked, you remember, in Sodom as being desirable males by those that were homosexuals in the community.

So, there’s no reason to think that angels would have to be incapable of cohabitating, when, in fact, it is possible for them to assume some kind of male form. Now, these demonic angels in Genesis 6 (they were fallen angels) somehow took on that human form, cohabitated with women to produce what was a demonic human half-breed, if you will, something that’s been modernized in the concept of Rosemary’s baby.

Added to Bible Bulletin Board's "MacArthur’s Questions and Answers" by:

Tony Capoccia
Bible Bulletin Board
Box 119
Columbus, New Jersey, USA, 08022
Our websites: www.biblebb.com and www.gospelgems.com
Email: tony@biblebb.com
Online since 1986

http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/1301-B-14.htm

Alexei

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:07 am

Peace all,

Alexei :wink:

Farside, I'l return to answer your post once I have done a some research!

Peace and Blessings be to the Believers :D

Joseph
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Joseph » Sun Dec 07, 2003 01:27 am

Alexei, I don't understand. Are you saying the quoted sources support Islamic belief of sex in the afterlife or mainstream Christianity shares a similar dogma with Islam? If the latter, then categorically this is untrue. If the former, then yours to use and make of the articles what you will.

regards, joseph

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Sun Dec 07, 2003 05:22 am

Peace Farside,

This post is in regards to the supposed inequality between men and women in paradise. What you have mentioned is certainly authentic. In saying that, allow me to explain the meaning. When both a man and a woman die, the supplication that is read for the woman is: “give her a better husband than the one she had”. This is done in case her husband does not become an inhabitant of paradise, or she did not really love him on Earth. The man also gets the same supplication of : “ give him a better wife than he had” for the same reasons. However, the reason that a man may have more than one wife is that he would have had more than one wife on this Earth. Notice the word “may”. It gives you an indication that this will not be the case for every man.

A woman can only have one husband in heaven because while she was on Earth, she only had one husband. Furthermore, it is not of the women’s nature to desire more than one man in her life, while that is not necessarily the case for men!

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Sun Dec 07, 2003 05:48 am

Peace Alexei,

When will it sink into your head?
There is NO sex in heaven.
There is no need for sex in heaven, you or thee angels can't reproduce in Heaven.
Sex is such an earthly thing, and you dare say such earthly pleasures are in God's heavenly kingdom? You are truely mislead.

And the Bible certainly does not support sex in heaven.
That Genesis story of the Nephilium is just a myth, and ant Bible will give you the same footnote about it. It was incorporated by the author right before the Flood narrative to emphasize how evil mankind had become.

Matthew 22:23-33
Marriage at the Resurrection

23That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24"Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27Finally, the woman died. 28Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you, 32'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'[1] ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."
33When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

You won't even remain married to your spouse in heaven!
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;

in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,

Alexei
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Alexei » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:15 am

Matthew 22:23-33
Marriage at the Resurrection

23That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24"Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27Finally, the woman died. 28Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you, 32'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'[1] ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."
33When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

Well this verses have two serious problems:

1- If Jesus meant here that we will be like angels as spiritual bodies, well I think this is wrong:

Will the resurrection of the body be a physical resurrection from the dead?

Yes, our bodies will be raised not spiritually or ethereally, but physically and materially. Our souls will be reunited with our transformed physical bodies, brought back to life from the dead. Scripture teaches this in many ways.
First, simply to speak of a "resurrection" of the dead (Matthew 22:30-31; Luke 14:14; 1 Corinthians 15:52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16) is to imply physicality. That is what a resurrection is. The Bible has no categories for the concept of a resurrected body that remains dead and physically lying in a grave.
Second, Philippians 3:20-21 teaches us that Christ's resurrection body is the pattern of our resurrection body: "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory." We know that Christ was raised in a physical body because the disciples ate with Him after the resurrection (Acts 10:41) and touched Him (Matthew 28:9; see also John 20:27). Also, Jesus outright declared that His resurrection body was physical and touchable: "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have" (Luke 24:39; see also Acts 13:33-37). Since Christ's resurrection is the pattern of our resurrection, we will therefore be raised in a physical body as well.
Third, Romans 8:21-23 speaks of waiting for "the redemption of our bodies" (v. 23). Our bodies are not going to be thrown away. They are going to be renewed, restored, revitalized.
Fourth, Jesus speaks of the resurrection as involving the coming forth of individuals out of their tombs, which clearly indicates a physical concept of the resurrection: "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment" (John 5:28-29).
Fifth, the Old Testament speaks of the resurrection as being physical: "And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2). Likewise, we read in Job: "I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth. Even after my skin is destroyed, yet from my flesh I shall see God; Whom I myself shall behold, and whom my eyes shall see and not another. My heart faints within Me" (Job 19:25-27).

http://www.desiringgod.org/library/theo ... sical.html

2- If Jesus meant here that we will be like angels in behavior, so we don't get married, well I think this wrong too:

The following "Question" was asked by a member of the congregation at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, and "Answered" by their pastor, John MacArthur Jr. It was transcribed from the tape, GC 1301-B, titled "Bible Questions and Answers Part 4." A copy of the tape can be obtained by writing, Word of Grace, P.O. Box 4000, Panorama City, CA 91412 or by dialing toll free 1-800-55-GRACE. ©1976. All Rights Reserved.

Question

How can angels be sexless if they married with the daughters of men and produced monsters?

Answer

That is a loaded question. That is like saying, “When did you stop beating your wife?” There is no good answer to that question because there are some assumptions there that we have to back up and understand. Number one, it doesn’t say that they produced monsters. Number two, how can angels be sexless if they married—who said angels are sexless?

Now, let’s go back to Genesis 6 and look at this very knotty problem—K-N-O-T-T-Y. Genesis 6:1: “It came to pass when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were fair. They took them wives of all whom they chose.” Now, the “sons of God” here, I believe, are angels. I think that’s the proper interpretation. So, angels saw the daughters of men—human women—cohabitated, and they produced, verse 4, “Giants in the earth in those days.” Now—“Mighty men, men of renown,” verse 4 says.

Now, the question comes, “How could angels cohabitate with women if angels are sexless? The answer is, who said angels are sexless? That is not in scripture. It does not say in scripture anywhere that angels do not have any capability of identifying with a sex. The scripture that people have in mind is Matthew 22:30. It says in Matthew 22:30, “For in the resurrection, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like the angels of God in heaven.” All it says there is that the angels don’t marry. It doesn’t say that they are not of any sex.

You say, “Yes, but Hebrews 1 says, “They are ministering spirits” and a spirit does not have a sexual identity because he is a spirit, not a physical being. I agree, but angels have some form. Now, we talked about this in our series. They have some kind of form. It isn’t a form like we know… I Corinthians 15:44 says, “There is a natural body and there is a spiritual body.” They have some kind of a spiritual form. They take some substance, some form.

Now, notice whenever that form becomes visible to man, it is a male form. Whenever angels appear as men, whenever their form is somehow translated into a capacity for the humans to see, it is a male form. For example, Mark 16:5, after the resurrection, “Entering the sepulcher, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long, white garment, and they were amazed,” and we know, of course, this was an angel. When he appeared, he appeared as a male.

So, angels have some kind of a body and when that body becomes apparent to men, it is a male body. In fact, in Luke 24:4, it mentions two angels at the resurrection; both of them are categorized as men. In Matthew 28:3, the same thing again: “His countenance was like lightning.” So, somehow, some way, angels can materialize to be seen by human beings. Hebrews 12 says that some have entertained angels unaware. They looked so much like they were human that the folks entertaining them were not even aware that they were angelic. In Genesis 18 and 19, three men visited Abraham and Sarah and they were angels, and perhaps one of them even a theophany of God. Jacob wrestled with an angel. Daniel 10 records the reference to an angel there… Many times in the Bible angels are seen by men and always in a male form. They were attacked, you remember, in Sodom as being desirable males by those that were homosexuals in the community.

So, there’s no reason to think that angels would have to be incapable of cohabitating, when, in fact, it is possible for them to assume some kind of male form. Now, these demonic angels in Genesis 6 (they were fallen angels) somehow took on that human form, cohabitated with women to produce what was a demonic human half-breed, if you will, something that’s been modernized in the concept of Rosemary’s baby.

Added to Bible Bulletin Board's "MacArthur’s Questions and Answers" by:

Tony Capoccia
Bible Bulletin Board
Box 119
Columbus, New Jersey, USA, 08022
Our websites: www.biblebb.com and www.gospelgems.com
Email: tony@biblebb.com
Online since 1986

http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/1301-B-14.htm

Alexei

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Sun Dec 07, 2003 03:52 pm

Image Is Polygyny possible in Jannah?

Lady Fatima wrote: When both a man and a woman die, the supplication that is read for the woman is: "give her a better husband than the one she had". This is done in case her husband does not become an inhabitant of paradise, or she did not really love him on Earth.

Your modification of the prayers may be a 21st century practice of Islam. However, the chapter 21.6 clearly states . . ." because in the Garden she can be the wife of the man who was her husband in this world and the women of the Garden are attached only to their husbands and have no desire for anyone else. A man may have many wives in the Garden whereas women only have one husband . . . source-- http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... age17.html

The Dilemma of Chapter 21.6

A woman, let's call her Aisha, marries husband number 1 who dies later from an heart attack. Aisha was deeply in love with husband 1 and had ImageImageImage children.

Because of economic necessity, Aisha had to marry again. However, husband number 2 dies in a war in Iraq.

The poverty of her Islamic country forces Aisha to marry a third time, but husband number 3 dies from cancer.

In life all three husbands were married only to Aishia.

Hence in Jannah, Aishia will be married to all three men, and the three men will be married only to Aisha -- Polygyny

Solutions

1. Marriages number 2 and 3 will not be recognized in Jannah.
2. Marriages number 1 and 2 will not be recognized in Jannah.
3. Aisha will be required to draw lots to see with whom she will spend eternity.
4. Allah will decide by drawing lots.
5. Muhammad will decide.
6. Aisha will decide. (an impossible solution) :D

The Answer is number 2. (ii) A Woman [Who Was Married More Than Once] Will Be With The Last of Her Husbands (in Jannah) source -- http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/scarves/ja ... hanam.html

Image Is this solution fair to Aisha? Is Fair one of the ninety-nine names for Allah?

From the Farside Image

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Mon Dec 08, 2003 04:13 am

Peace Alexei,

1- If Jesus meant here that we will be like angels as spiritual bodies, well I think this is wrong

Not necessarily, it means we won't have need for sex or marriage, we'll be higher than that. We'll be on par with the angels.

2- If Jesus meant here that we will be like angels in behavior, so we don't get married, well I think this wrong too:

Yes, this is wrong.
The beginning story in Genesis 6 is just a myth, the author incorporated that story to emphasize on how evil mankind had become.
Any Bible should give you that as a footnote on that story.

I conclude, there is nothing at all earthly in God's Kingdom, Heaven.
Sex is purely earthly, it is meant shearly for procreation and earthly pleasure to coincide with marriage.
The two married persons become "one flesh"
For you to believe that sex or marriage exists in heaven only proves how little you know of heaven.
You see heavenly things in such an earthly way, it only proves how humanistic your beliefs are.

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:14 pm

Image Top Ten New Pleasures of Jannah

The physical pleasures of Jannah described in the Quran and the Hadiths are those of a 7th century Arabian nomadic soothsayer and merchant. If Muhammad were alive today, he would add to his original list the following ten enhanced pleasures for each golden palace.

Image Image Water beds in all bedrooms Image

Image Bose Home Theater Systems in all rooms Image

Image Mirrors in all rooms Image

Image Large Screen Digital Televisions in all rooms Image

ImageFree Cable TV with access to the Playboy Channel Image

ImageAn Olympic size swimming pool next to each bedroom Image

ImageHot tubs in all rooms Image

ImageA copy of Kama Sutra by each bed :oops:

ImageA wine cellar filled with heavenly, earthly, and alien wines. Image

ImageA Disney World Theme Park Image next to your golden palace :D

From the Far Side Image
Last edited by farside on Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Preecha
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby Preecha » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:44 pm

The Sons of God = the Sethite line (Godly)
The Daughters of Men = the Cain line (Sinful)

That is another interpretation you can explore. The Sons of God meaning angels is pretty far out there. It doesn't make sense in the least bit to have angels come down and procreate with humans.

Alexei
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Alexei » Mon Dec 08, 2003 01:14 pm

First to Farside:
May be you meant by your beautiful painting this verses:

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. [Luke 22:29-30]. :lol:

And one more thing, just try to read what Christians have said below about heaven before posting your ridiculous replies annd look like a clown :lol:

Yes, this is wrong.
The beginning story in Genesis 6 is just a myth, the author incorporated that story to emphasize on how evil mankind had become.
Any Bible should give you that as a footnote on that story.

Myth??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Myths in the book of God :lol: :lol: :lol:
The author???? :lol: I thought that the author was Moses????

Here's a reply from a Christian site:

Question: "Who were the sons of God and daughters of men in Genesis 6:1-4?”

Answer: Genesis 6:1-4 tells us, "When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days -- and also afterward -- when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown." There have been several suggestions as to who the sons of God were, and why the children they had with daughters of men grew into a race of giants (that is what the word Nephilim seems to indicate).

The three primary views on the identity of the "sons of God" are that (1) they were fallen angels, or (2) they were powerful human rulers, or (3) they were godly descendants of Seth intermarrying with wicked descendants of Cain. Giving weight to (1) is the fact that in the Old Testament the phrase "sons of God" always refers to angels (Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7). A potential problem with (1) is the fact that Matthew 22:30 indicates that angels do not marry. The Bible gives us no reason to believe that angels have a gender, or are able to reproduce. Views (2) and (3) do not have this problem.

The weakness of views (2) and (3) is that ordinary human males marrying ordinary human females does not account for why the offspring were "giants" or "heroes of old, men of renown". Further, why would God decide to bring the Flood on the earth (Gen 6:5-7) when God had never forbidden powerful human males or descendants of Seth to marry ordinary human females or descendants of Cain. The oncoming judgment of Genesis 6:5-7 is linked to what took place in Genesis 6:1-4. Only the obscene, perverse marriage of fallen angels with human females would seem to justify such a harsh judgment.

I believe view (1) to be the most likely position. Yes, it is an interesting “contradiction” to say that angels are sexless and then to say that the “sons of God” were fallen angels who procreated with human females. However, angels are spiritual beings (Heb 1:14), and yet can appear in human, physical form (Mark 16:5). The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to have sex with the two angels who were with Lot (Gen 19:1-5). I would suppose that angels are capable of taking on human form, even to the point of replicating human sexuality – and possibly even reproduction. Why do the fallen angels not do this more often? It seems that God imprisoned the fallen angels who committed this evil sin, so that the other fallen angels would not do the same (as described in Jude 6). Earlier Hebrew interpreters, apocryphal, and pseudopigriphal writings are unanimous in holding to the view that fallen angels are the "sons of God" mentioned in Genesis 6:1-4. This by no means closes the debate. In my opinion, though, the view that Genesis 6:1-4 involves fallen angels mating with human females has a strong contextual, grammatical, and historical basis.

http://www.gotquestions.org/sons-of-God.html

Not necessarily, it means we won't have need for sex or marriage, we'll be higher than that. We'll be on par with the angels.

Wrong, angels do get married according to Genesis 6 :lol:
And please enjoy the following article from a Christian site:

Heaven
Christians who never think about Heaven are said to have the three cardinal virtues of Faith, Cope and Love because they are Christian only for what it does for them in this life!
Jesus continually encourages investing our time, talent and treasure in Heaven, yet we often neglect it. So, this page encourages us to bring in the benefits and perspective of Heaven while on Earth.
II. Heaven Doesn't Reflect Earth—Earth Reflects Heaven
We tend to think that all the good things on Earth will exist in Heaven only in some shadowy, vague, weakened, diluted way.
The Biblical view of Heaven is that every good thing we experience on Earth will exist in Heaven in a higher, perfected way.
For example, after death we won’t exist in a fog of white light or float on a cloud as a disembodied soul. Each of God's own will have a glorified physical body, just as Jesus has a resurrected, glorified body. "Our bodies now are a mere shadow or prophetic hint of a more solid resurrection body that we will receive later, the Artist’s preliminary sketch of His later masterpiece," says Peter Kreeft.
This is a key reason why we don’t spend time thinking about Heaven more—we have the wrong image. Kreeft:
One reason we have lost our love for Heaven is because we have lost the sense of Heavenly glory. Biblical imagery of jewels, stars, candles, trumpets, and angels no longer fits our ranch-style, supermarket world. Pathetic modern substitutes of fluffy clouds, sexless cherubs, harps and metal halos… simply do not move us... In medieval Christendom, it was the world beyond this world that made all the difference in the world to this world… Earth was Heaven’s womb, Heaven’s dress rehearsal. Heaven was the meaning of the Earth.
The Bible is filled with analogies describing Earth as a reflection of Heaven. Paul says that on Earth we see God in a dirty mirror, but says that we who are with Christ will see Him face-to-face. CS Lewis called Earth the Shadowlands of a great city over the horizon. (The 1993 Shadowlands film doesn't bring this out as well as the 1963 BBC version.)
The picture the Bible paints of Heaven is organic! It describes Heaven as lush fields of green, with lions and lambs in peace (much like a return to the Garden of Eden), with cities having streets of gold, etc. (In the Christian fellowship I attend we like to think of our group as one "neighborhood in the New Jerusalem.") We don’t have to take our metaphors about Heaven literally, but we do have to take them seriously, because they point to something more, not less, than the images they connote.
Earthly physical gifts, and pleasures and passions exist in Heaven where they are perfected, heightened and ordered.
Kreeft: To think of the love that made the world, the love that became human, suffered alienation from itself and died to save us rebels, the love that gleams though the fanatic joy of Jesus’ obedience to the will of His Father and that shines in the eyes and lives of the saints—to think of this love as any less passionate than our temporary and conditioned passions ’is a most disastrous fantasy.’" And that consuming fire of love is our destined Husband, according to His own promise. Sex in Heaven? Oh yes, and no pale, abstract, merely mental shadow of it either. Earthly sex is the shadow, and our lives are a process of thickening so that we can share in the substance, …so that we can endure and rejoice in the Heavenly fire.

Conclusion
Let’s pray for greater excitement about Heaven! Let’s be Christians of Faith, Hope and Love. In fact, our lives should not make sense without the hope of Heaven. Someone should be able to point to us and say "that person sacrifices things in this life because of rewards Jesus promises in the next."
Heaven is coming. It is nearer now than when you began this article.

http://www.davenevins.com/loveofgod/topics/heaven.htm

Alexei

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Mon Dec 08, 2003 02:35 pm

Peace Farside,

Your modification of the prayers may be a 21st century practice of Islam. However, the chapter 21.6 clearly states . . ." because in the Garden she can be the wife of the man who was her husband in this world and the women of the Garden are attached only to their husbands and have no desire for anyone else. A man may have many wives in the Garden whereas women only have one husband . . . source—

That’s correct, but you have to also understand that there are other school of thoughts beside the Maliki fiqi. However, let’s go with the Maliki opinion for now. Allah says in the Quran that whether male or female, they will get what they desire. In saying that, if a woman does not desire her husband of this world, God will not force it upon her. But this something that is rare, since those of paradise will be pious people! Allah says in the Quran:

“‘And (Eden) Paradise (everlasting Gardens), which they shall enter and (also) those who acted righteously from among their fathers, and their wives, and their offspring. And angels shall enter unto them from every gate…” [al-Ra’d 13:23].

So the husbands of paradise will be those who acted righteous to their wives.

The men of paradise will have many wives, while a woman will only have one husband. This is in accordance with the desires of women as compared to men. For a woman, one man will be enough while this is not necessarily the case for men. However, because a man will have many wives, it does not mean that the wife will be jealous, as Allah said in the Quran:

“ And we shall remove from their breasts any mutual ( hatred) or sense of injury…” (7:43)

There is nothing but joy and happiness in Paradise; there is no room for hatred and rancor in the hearts of the people of Paradise.

(ii) A Woman [Who Was Married More Than Once] Will Be With The Last of Her Husbands (in Jannah) source –

This is the strongest opinion among the scholars. However, going with the last husband is not injustice at all, for Allah says:

“And your Lord is not at all unjust to (His) slaves” (41:46)

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Mon Dec 08, 2003 06:23 pm

Image Top Ten Pleasures NOT found in Jannah

Image Image The London Symphony OrchestraImage

Image The Louvre of Paris, France Image

Image A Shakespearean Theatre Image

Image A Motion Picture Image

Image A Broadway Musical Image

Image The Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian Image

Image A German Polka Dance Image

Image The Discovery Television Channel Image

Image Any Library Image

Image Any pleasure that is not directly related to SEX, GLUTTONY, LUST, and GREED will not be found in Jannah.

From the Farside Image

Alexei
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Alexei » Mon Dec 08, 2003 08:42 pm

Top Ten Pleasures NOT found in Jannah

The London Symphony Orchestra

The Louvre of Paris, France

A Shakespearean Theatre

A Motion Picture

A Broadway Musical

The Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian

A German Polka Dance

The Discovery Television Channel

Any Library

Any pleasure that is not directly related to SEX, GLUTTONY, LUST, and GREED will not be found in Jannah.

From the Farside

Ahhhh! I am afraid you are absolutley mistaken Farside :lol:
According to Christianity, you'll find all this Top Ten pleasures in Heaven:

The Biblical view of Heaven is that every good thing we experience on Earth will exist in Heaven in a higher, perfected way.

Earthly physical gifts, and pleasures and passions exist in Heaven where they are perfected, heightened and ordered.

Enjoy it Farside :P

Alexei

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Mon Dec 08, 2003 09:21 pm

ImageWhat is Jannah? Gluttony is allowed in Jannah!
source -- http://www.worldofislam.netfirms.com/heaven.html

This is the Jannah which you have been made to inherit because of your deeds which you used to do (in the life of the world). Therein for you will be fruits in plenty, of which you will eat (as you desire).'' (43:68-73)Image

Allaah (swt) will permit them to take whatever they want of the good food and drink of Paradise: "Eat and drink at ease for that which you have sent on before you in days past!" [69:24]Image

ImageAllah, The Generous One, allows gluttony Image in Jannah; while Allah, The Compassionate One :cry: , permits African children to die from starvation.

From the Farside Image

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:58 am

Peace Alexei,

Myth???
Myths in the book of God
The author???? I thought that the author was Moses????

Let me quote from the New American Bible: St. Joseph's Edition:

"6:1-4
This is apperantly a fragment of an old legend that had borrowed much from ancieny mythology. The sacred author incorporates it here, not only in order to account for the prehistoric giants of Palestine, whom the Israelites called the Nephilim, but also to introduce the story of the flood with a moral orientation--the constantly increasing wickedness of mankind. "

Do you understand?
Nothing here implies angels had sex.

Ahhhh! I am afraid you are absolutley mistaken Farside
According to Christianity, you'll find all this Top Ten pleasures in Heaven:

Nope

Peace farside,

Any pleasure that is not directly related to SEX, GLUTTONY, LUST, and GREED will not be found in Jannah.

You make a grave mockery of heaven!
You pagans know nothing of Heaven, it is too pure of a place for anything remotely considered earthly.
If God the Almighty doesn't want to see gluttony, greed, etc in earth, He definitely doesn't want to see such things in His Kingdom.

What is it with you people and sex! :o

Let me make myself very clear:
There will be no sex in Heaven, there is no procreation there.
There is no need for gender! You won't have sex-organs!
There will be no food or drink in Heaven, you'll be living in eternity, you have no need to subsist of anything.
There will be no marriage, you're heavenly bond with everyone in Heaven is far greater than your earthly bond with your spouse(s)
And whatever else that is earthly: TV's, hottubs, etc.

Alexei
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Alexei » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:22 am

Let me quote from the New American Bible: St. Joseph's Edition:

"6:1-4
This is apperantly a fragment of an old legend that had borrowed much from ancieny mythology. The sacred author incorporates it here, not only in order to account for the prehistoric giants of Palestine, whom the Israelites called the Nephilim, but also to introduce the story of the flood with a moral orientation--the constantly increasing wickedness of mankind. "

Do you understand?
Nothing here implies angels had sex.

Let me quote Pastor Elder Mink:

Genesis 6:1-4 - Angels Or Men?
Elder O. B. Mink
Pastor - Sovereign Grace Baptist Church
Texarkana, Texas
"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them. That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh:yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days: and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of reknown." (Genesis 6:1- 4 )

In this text, to whom or what does the term "sons of God" refer? This question has perplexed the minds of Bible scholars for the last fifteen hundred years, and at this time there is considerable difference of opinion among Bible commentators as to the identity of the "sons of God" referred to in the above text.
I am confident that my interpretation of the text will not bring the readers of this article to a consensus of opinion, or for that matter settle the issue for all those who are halted between two opinions regarding the identity of the "sons of God" of Genesis 6.
However, being on the theological fence calls for a balancing act I find beyond my ability to perform, and straddling the fence is painfully difficult for me. So, in order to alleviate the irritation of my mind concerning the matter and question before us, I began a prayerful study and investigation into the subject. The following comments are the results of that study. If the reader disagrees with my comments, let him remember that his interpretation of the text, is like mine, the interpretation of a fallible man, and that his disagreement does not necessarily mean I need his yardstick by which to measure the text. I do not claim to have all the information available on the question, but do believe what I have to offer is correct as far as it goes.

THE TWO MAIN SCHOOLS OF THOUGHT
There are two main schools of thought as to the interpretation of the text, and as to the answer to the question, "Who are the sons of God?" The most popular view with contemporary Bible students is that, the "sons of God," are sons of Seth, the third son of Adam. Necessity is laid upon those who hold this view to make the "daughters of men," the off springs of ungodly Cain, and that these two spiritually diverse lines developed affinity one for the other, which resulted in God defying marriages and obliteration of the distinct ion between the children of God and the children of the devil.
The second most popular view is, the term "sons of God" refers to the fallen angels who were in collusion with Lucifer in his original insurrection against the government of God. Both of these views have a number of things in common:
1. They both allow that whoever or what ever the "sons of God" are, they were used of the devil in his effort to corrupt all of mankind.
2. Both views further claim that the deluge was God's countermeasure against the devil's diabolic effort to corrupt the human race.
3. One other thing which both views have in common is, they both have leveled against them very weighty objections. Some of these objections we will mention in further addressing the question.
My firm conviction is, the "sons of God" are the angels who left their own habitation, and came down to earth, where they cohabited with the daughters of men. This cohabitation produced a race of beings, that was neither man nor angel, but demi-gods. The objector retorts: "That view is too weird!" Not really, one of the cleverest ruses of the devil is to get people to believe he does not exist, and second to that is, to get those who do believe he exists to deny his power. "And no marvel, for Satan him self is transformed into an angel of light" (II Corinthians 11:14). Does that sound strange?
I believe the serpent which Satan used in tempting Eve was a beautiful, shining, flying serpent, which actually talked with Eve. Does that sound weird? It is against the nature of serpents to talk, but the serpent of Genesis 3 talked, and that most convincingly. The supernatural powers of Satan are displayed in the overthrow of our first parents in the garden of Eden, which by comparison to his use of fallen angels to cohabit with the depraved and fallen daughters of men is seen to be no great feat.
In adhering to the view that the "sons of God" are fallen angels, I do not mean to imply that I fully understand all that relates to the subject, or that my dogmatism has deaf ears.
Following are a number of reasons which I believe support the contention that the "sons of God" are fallen angels who had illicit intercourse with the daughters of men.
1. FIRST, ANCIENT ISRAEL, AND ISRAEL CONTEMPORARY WITH CHRIST, HELD THAT "THE SONS OF GOD" WERE FALLEN ANGELS.
The book of Enoch, dated 200 years before Christ has in Genesis 6:2 & 4, "Angels of God," rather than "Sons of God."
Josephus, the great Jewish historian, wrote, "Many angels accompanied with women, and begat Sons that proved un just, and despisers of all that was good" (Antiquities of the Jews - 3:1, pg. 28). William Whiston, translator of Josephus, says, "This notion, that the fallen angels, were in some sense, the fathers of the old giants, was the constant opinion of antiquity." Two hundred years of archeological excavation has proven the reliability of the historical account of Josephus.
Philo, who was contemporary with the apostles held that it was angels who cohabited with the daughters of men, rather than sons of Seth. It was the view of the great majority of Rabbinic writers, and it is the prevailing view of present day orthodox Judaism.
2. SECONDLY, THE COMMON BIBLE OF THE DAYS IN WHICH PETER, JUDE, AND THE OTHER WRITERS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT LIVED, WAS THE SEPTUAGINT.
The Septuagint is a pre-christian Greek version of the original Hebrew scriptures. Several passages of the Old Testament which are quoted in the New Testament, are taken verbatim from the Septuagint. "Several passages of the Old Testament, which are quoted in the New, are taken thence; and, being thus noticed by the writers of the New Testament, from their mode of using it, we may infer that it was in general circulation among the apostolic churches" (History of the Bible, By John Kitto DD. - Pg. 45). The Septuagint was the version in circulation among the New Testament churches, and was read publicly among them. So, when Christ says, "Search the Scriptures" (John 5:39), it is very likely that He referred immediately to the Septuagint, and indirectly to the original Old Testament. It is agreed by reputable scholarship that Jesus quoted more than once from the Septuagint. Now, I want you to note, while the K.J.V. and most modern versions read in Genesis 6:2 & 4 "Sons of God," the Septuagint reads, "Angels of God."
When Jude in Vs. 6 speaks of the angels "which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation," he then adds, "Even as Sodom and Gormorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire," (Jude 7). The language of Jude 7 demands adherence to the Septuagint, and the ancient view of Genesis 6:1-4. It is said by the inspired writer, that the people of Sodom and Gormorrah went after "strange flesh even as," or in like manner as the fallen angels which kept not their first estate (Jude 6). It is said of the angels of Jude 6 and 7, that they are reserved in everlasting chains under darkness ... suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." All fallen angels (Revelation 12:7- 9) are not at this time locked up in Tartarus, some are still on the earth working with their nefarious head, Satan.
Alford, commenting on Jude 6 & 7 in his Greek New Testament, says, "In like manner to these ... the angels above mentioned. The manner was similar, because the angels committed fornication with another race than themselves."
The Twentieth Century New Testament (1898), taken from the Greek of Wescott and Hort, of which Philip Schaff said, it is "The purest Greek." Reads in verses 6 & 7 of Jude, "And that even those angels that failed to keep their own station and left their proper home have been kept by Him for black darkness. They are like Sodom and Gormorrah and the towns near them, which, as the angels did, gave themselves up to fornication, and went in search of beings of a different nature, and now stand out as a warning, undergoing as they are, punishment by enduring fire."
3. THE EARLY CHURCH BELIEVED THAT THE "Sons of God" OF GENESIS 6:1-4, WERE FALLEN ANGELS.
Justian Martyr, Tertullian, Cyprian, Ambrose, Lactantius, and the great majority of the early church fathers believed that the "Sons of God," of Genesis 6: 1-4, was a reference to reprobate angels. One of the reasons that unanimity prevailed among the early churches as regards this issue, was, no other viewpoint was heard of until the latter part of the fourth century.
The Sethite theory, the view that the "Sons of God" were the godly line of Seth was first introduced in the latter part of the fourth century by Juihus Afracanius, a contemporary of Origen. He wrote, "What is meant ... in my opinion, is that the descendants of Seth are called the sons of God" (Ante Nicene Fathers, Vol. 6, Pg. 131). The Sethite theory spread rapidly and widely, and became the prevailing view of the dark ages.
Eusebius, the great church Historian took exception to the Sethite theory, and declared his position in the dispute by saying, "The original position of the church is correct" (Jude - The Acts of the Apostates, Pg. 38 - S.M. Coder). The popularity of the Sethite theory has perpetuated itself, and is today the most common view among Bible students. However, many of these students are having doubts as to the correctness of their conclusions in this matter, and a re-study of the problem has led a large number to adopt the position which the early church held.
There is nothing in the context which suggests, or infers that the Sethites were distinguished for piety. Neither is there anything in the context which implies that the "daughters of men" were more ungodly than the daughters of Seth. In fact, the term " Daughters of men" is general, and includes the daughters of Seth as well as the daughters of Cain.
The Sethites were not exempted from the charge of general wickedness which precipitated the flood.
"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of his heart was only evil continually." (Genesis 6:5) The terms "man" and "his" in this text are used in the generic sense, and includes both Sethites and Cainites.
"And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth." (Genesis 6:12 )This text does not say "All flesh has corrupted his way upon the earth, except the Sethites." No, it is "all flesh," and the family of Seth comes under that heading.
Josephus, says of the Sethites, "In process of time they were perverted, and foresook the practices of their fathers, and did neither pay those honors to God which were appointed them nor had any concern to do justice towards men. But for what degree of zeal they had formerly shown for virtue, they now showed by their actions a double degree of wickedness" (ANTIQUITIES OF THE JEWS, Pg. 28). All the Sethites, with the exception of one family perished in the flood.
It is not denied that the Sethite apostasy was fueled by the unlawful marriages of the godly line with the children of Cain, but what is denied is, that these marriages is what is referred to in Genesis 6: 1-4. The Sethite apostasy did not originate during the days of Noah, but had been long in process, and in league with the children of Cain, corrupted the whole earth. But it was the illicit marriages and intercourse of the aliens of the air, the denizens of devil, with the "daughters of men" that is referred to in Genesis 6: 1-4, and it is this marital action which opened up the judgmental skies of God and immersed the earth in water.
4. THE TERM "SONS OF GOD," IS USED EXCLUSIVELY IN THE OLD TESTAMENT OF ANGELES.
"Now there was a day when the Sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them." (Job 1:6)
"Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord ... (Job 2:1) The Septuagint renders the term "Sons of God," found in Job 1:6 and 2:1, "angels of God."
"Give unto the Lord, 0 ye mighty, give unto the Lord glory and strength." (Psalms 29:1) The Hebrew word for "mighty" in this text is "ben, bane" and means sons of God," or sons of the Mighty One."
Many, in an effort to avoid the force of this argument have equated texts from the New Testament which refer to regenerate persons as "Sons of God," with the Old Testament expression. In order to do this sound rules of exegesis are violated, and men must be introduced into Job 38:7, where "all the sons of God shouted for joy" at the primordial creation of the earth, when as yet, men did not exist. The "Sons of God" of Job 38:7 is clearly a reference to angels.
5. THE HEBREW WORD FOR "GIANTS" IN GENESIS 6:4 IS "NEPHILIM," WHICH MEANS "FALLEN ONES."
Genesis 6:4 could have been correctly translated, "There were fallen ones in the earth in those days." The term "fallen ones" must be distinguished from mankind, for all of mankind was in a fallen state, and exceedingly wicked at this time. The term "fallen ones" has no significance unless it refers to something else other than the fallen ones of Adam, for they were present, not only in "those days," but had been present since the expulsion from Eden.
The distinguishing feature in the text ("There were fallen ones in the earth in those days"), is, they were in the earth at this time, rather than in heaven. The words constitute an indirect reference to the angelic apostasy in heaven, but is a direct reference to fallen angels on earth.
The Hebrew word "Nephilim" translated "giants" in the King James version and "giantes" in the Septuagint occurs only one other time in Scripture (Numbers 13:33), and has to do with the great size and stature of the sons of Anak. "... And all the people we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants (nephilim - same as Genesis 6:4), the Sons of Anak" (Numbers 13:32 & 33). This is, as no one can honestly deny a reference to the gigantic size of the Sons of Anak, and in no sense speaks of their fame or exploits. As it is here, so it is in Genesis 6:4.
It is without doubt that these "fallen ones" did great exploits which made them renown, but from all of these great feats they became exhausted and needed a super king size bed to rest in, thus it is, we read of one of their bedsteads being thirteen feet long (Deuteronomy 3:11).
"For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man. (Deuteronomy 3:11 ) The conservative cubit of eighteen inches would have king Og's bed to be thirteen and one half feet long, and six feet wide. It is plain that these dimensions are given to draw attention to the physical size of Og, and unmistakably identifies him as a descendent of the "fallen ones" of Genesis 6:4.
At the first appearance of this race of monstrosities, God sent a flood and destroyed them. At their second appearance God orders His people to utterly destroy them, and the prophet Amos in retrospect, quoting God, says, "Yet destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit from above, and his roots from beneath" (Amos 2:9).
"There were giants in the earth in those days." The "giants" spoken of here are literal, not mere men of renown, but men of exceedingly large stature. The question which logically follows, is, seeing that marriages of believers with unbelievers in our day do not produce actual giants, why should such a union beget them in the days of Noah?
The Sethite theory does not facilitate Satan's purpose to prevent the entrance of the promised Seed of the woman, which was to bruise his head. Cain was of that wicked one, and was used of his spiritual father to slay Abel, for he knew or thought it was through Abel that Christ would come into the world. In the same way, Pharaoh and Herod were used of Satan in an effort to destroy the seed through whom the promised head bruiser would come. All of Satan's efforts to prevent the coming of Christ into the world, miserably failed, and "when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman ..." (Galatians 4:4). Christ was born of a woman who had a depraved nature, a godly woman, and certainly not as steeped in sin as the antediluvian Sethites, but nevertheless, depraved. Human depravity, even in its most intensified state, is never presented in Scripture as something in itself, perse, that Satan would ever think could be a deterrent to the fulfillment Genesis 3:15, for it was to depraved people the promise of a Redeemer was made. Satan knew that it would take something more than the total and ultimately intensified depravity of the human race to prevent the incarnation of Christ. Satan knew, the cohabitation of fallen angels with the daughters of men could eventually abort the human race, and leave no entrance for the Son of Man. What Satan did not know, was, that God would send an earth wide flood and drown all of his monstrous half brothers and sisters, and that God would make an example of their fallen angelic daddies, by shutting them up to the vengeance of eternal fire (Jude 7). Yet, Satan will try anything to avert his own destruction as spelled out in Genesis 3:15.
All that the Sethite theory of Genesis 6:14 does, is teach the doctrine of the intensification of human depravity. The depraved state of the Sethites at the time of the flood was every bit and grain as terrible
as that of the Cainites, and only one man among them found grace in the eyes of the Lord (Genesis 6:8).
6. THE APOSTLE PETER CONNECTS THE SIN OF ANGELS WITH THE FLOOD.
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell (tar-tarus), and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be r served unto judgment; and spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly." (II Peter 2:4-5) In this text, Peter connects the sin of the angels with the flood, therefore it is not the angelic apostasy in heaven which Peter sets before us in this text, but the soul damning work of the "fallen ones" on earth. Peter makes the sin of the angels and the flood to be cause and effect, otherwise the close frame of reference in which they are used is meaning less.
Some reputable scholars believe Isaiah's reference to Lucifer in chapter 14, verses 16 & 17 is also an indirect reference to the sin of the fallen angels. The text reads, "... Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; that made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?" That this is a reference to the flood is seen in the two clauses, the world made a wilderness, and the cities thereof destroyed. It was the flood that made the earth a veritable waste, it was the flood that destroyed the cities of the earth, not the adamic curse; for at the time of Adam's fall there were no cities to be destroyed. Satan, the deposed archangel is head of the fallen angels, and is by God held responsible for the cohabitation of the "fallen ones" with the "daughters of men." The illicit sexual relationship of the fallen angels with the "daughters of men," resulted in the flood, and it is in this sense, that God holds Satan responsible for the destruction of the earth and the cities thereof.
7. THE OBJECTION, THAT ANGELS ARE NEUTER, AND CANNOT REPRODUCE, IS ANSWERABLE.
The text most often cited by those who object to the view that the "sons of God" of Genesis 6:1-4 are fallen angels is, Matthew 22:30, which reads; "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."
A. The term "angels of God" in this text, serves as a clear distinction between angels who remained faithful to God, and the angels who in collusion with Lucifer rebelled against God and were cast out of heaven.
B. The text uses a clause which is locative, which clause specifies the place where angels do not marry, i.e. "in heaven." If the text read, "In the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God" and had left off the last two words ("in heaven"), much the objection sues for could be allowed. But the text includes the qualifying clause, "in heaven," and the object goes pitifully wanting.
The last two words of the text makes what at first seems to be an insuperable objection, to be utterly groundless, for it is "in heaven" that angels neither marry nor or given in marriage. The angels of Genesis 6:1-4, referred to as "sons of God" were no longer in heaven, but in the earth, and in the earth, they by marrying the daughters of men gave the conjugal relationship its most infernal nature.
C. Matthew 22:30 speaks of the post resurrection state of believers, wherein they become unmarriageables, and the place of this state is "in heaven." Then too, the text speaks of unmarriageable angels, who reside "in heaven." In this text we see God, His angels, and all the elect of God, and their abode is "in heaven." On the other hand we have a text of Scripture in which we see the devil, his angels, reprobate mankind and the place of their eternal residence: "Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from Me ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41). But there are ages of time between the creation and resurrection of the saints and their translation to a heaven where marriage vows are never spoken. It is in this interim of time on earth, saints marry and are given in marriage. It is in the same earth and time that the angels which kept not their first estate marry the daughters of men, and are soon thereafter cast into a marriage less hell.
The remonstrant may say: "It is contrary to the nature of angels to marry." What we mere mortals know about the nature of angels is practically nil. We know they have at different times assumed physical bodies, and were referred to as men. Angels in their corporeal form on earth have spoke as men speak, ate the food of men, handled men and were handled by men (Genesis 18:8, 19:3 & 16). What the nature and power of fallen angels consist of, is known only to God. The little we know about them tells us, that sinful angels left their proper habitat, and were granted access to the earth, wherein they had illicit intercourse with the daughters of men, including both, Sethites and Cainites.

http://www2.tnweb.com/pbc/OBMink/nephilim.htm

Nope

According to Christianity: Yep!!! :lol:

There will be no sex in Heaven, there is no procreation there.

Heaven Is A Place Like Earth
NEW YORK (Wireless Flash) -- You've heard of Heaven on Earth? Well, a theologian is getting the world to conceptualize Earth on Heaven.
Anthony DeStefano has written "A Travel Guide to Heaven" (Doubleday) based on the Bible and traditional Christian teachings to explain to folks what heaven will be like as if they were planning a trip there.
"It's not puffy white clouds," says DeStefano. He says it's a physical place, not just spiritual.
That means humans can look forward to eating, seeing their deceased pets and having sex.
Although DeStefano can't say for sure what form heavenly sex will take, it will either be the same as on earth but without promiscuity, or there will be a sexual substitute even better than regular sex.
Those who prefer to indulge in food can eat, but they'll find they don't need it to live and people will always look their physical best.
Finally, DeStefano says animals will be in Heaven, but there will be no litterboxes.

http://www.ncbuy.com/news/wireless_news ... 0DTW030925

There is no need for gender! You won't have sex-organs!

Since it's a physical resurrection, sure we will have sex-organs!!! And since we have sex-organs, why we can't make sex and get married? :lol:
For proves for Physical resurrection from Christian sites:

There will be no food or drink in Heaven, you'll be living in eternity, you have no need to subsist of anything.

Ahhhhhhhhhh! wrong answer!!!

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. [Luke 22:29-30].

Alexei

Preecha
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby Preecha » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:26 am

Picking and choosing what Christian interpretation is the same as somone on here picking and choosing what Muslim to interpert your text. We can disagree on that forever, yes?

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Tue Dec 09, 2003 01:37 pm

Image Wine -- The Official Beverage of Jannah

Surah: 47. 15 . . . rivers of wine a joy to those who drink; . .

Surah: 76: 5 As to the Righteous they shall drink of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Kafur

Surah: 76: 17. And they will be given to drink there of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Zanjabil

Surah: 76: 21 . . . . and their Lord will give to them to drink of a Wine Pure and Holy.

Surah: 83: 25. Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed:

at-Tirmidhi reports that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said, "In Paradise there is a sea of honey, a sea of wine, a sea of milk and a sea of water, and the rivers flow out of these seas." [Jaami' al-Usool, 10/508]

Image Wine is the quintessential symbol of revelry and debauchery of the pagan gods and goddesses of the Roman and Greek mythologies. Bacchus, one of the twelve of Roman gods of Mt. Olympus, is called the god of wine.

Wine is also a symbol of misery and disease for human beings stricken with alcoholism. The word wino is a derogatory term describing a person who is chronically addicted to drinking wine.

ImageIt’s amazing that Wine –- a symbol of pagan debauchery and human misery - is embedded into the very structure and culture of Jannah!

From the Farside Image
Last edited by farside on Tue Dec 09, 2003 05:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omega

Postby Omega » Tue Dec 09, 2003 04:17 pm

Hey, I like the colorful animation you used in your replies! :lol:

Preecha
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby Preecha » Tue Dec 09, 2003 04:53 pm

Yeah very nice!

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Tue Dec 09, 2003 06:42 pm

Image A Double Standard between Earth and Jannah or an Islamic Superstitution

For Muslims drinking Image or eating Image from a gold or silver vessels is strongly forbidden on Earth, but is permitted in Jannah! See below for quotations.

8. Islam also forbids eating and drinking from vessels of silver and Gold. Imam Bukhari, Muslim, and Malik reported that the prophet said: "Whoever eats and drinks from a vessel of silver will be dragged on his stomach in the hell-fire. . . .” Source -- http://www.islam1.org/khutub/M_Perspective_W_Life_3.htm

Narrated Hudhaifa: The Prophet said, "Do not drink in gold or silver utensils, and do not wear clothes of silk or Dibaj, for these things are for them (unbelievers) in this world and for you in the Hereafter." Source - Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 69, Number 537

Abd al-Rahman reported on the authority of his mother's sister Umm Salama who said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who drank in vessels of gold or silver he in fact drank down in his belly the fire of Hell. Image Source -- Sahih Muslim Book 024, Number 5128

Image How many Muslim members of FreeJesus.net have silverware in their home?– a fascinating question.

From the Farside Image

Omega

Postby Omega » Tue Dec 09, 2003 07:24 pm

Keep em coming! :lol:

Alexei
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Alexei » Tue Dec 09, 2003 08:01 pm

Well first, one must admitt that Farside is even better than Pablo Picasso himself :lol:
Nice painting Farside :P

Wine -- The Official Beverage of Jannah
It’s amazing that Wine –- a symbol of pagan debauchery and human misery - is embedded into the very structure and culture of Jannah!

Well this pagan symbol of debauchery and human misery was drank by Jesus himself (see Matthew 26:29, Mark 14:25, Luke 22:18 etc...). :lol:

Well about Wine, let me clarify something:
In the USA it is a crime to drink beer then drive. The wisdom behind this law is that it impairs judgment. Does this mean that if one were to drink "rootbeer" or "ginger ale" then the law will stand? Of course not. Why? Because they are not "intoxicants." The prohibition in Islam is because of the "intoxicating" action and not because of the name. If someone were to create a new kind of beer and choose not to call it "beer" but to name it "Zima," would this make it lawful to drink it then drive? No, the name has no bearing on the law, it is only the intoxicating action which is at issue. If it is present then it is unlawful, if it is not then it is lawful, regardless of the name. This is the same as the law of Islam. In Islam the name does not matter, it is the intoxicants which make it prohibited, be it named "beer", "wine", "alcohol", "heroin", "Whiskey", "Marijuana", or whatever..

If Farside would read carefully the Noble Qur'an (I think he didn't and he will never will :lol: ) he'll find the following verses that describe the criteria of wine in paradise as:

Free from headiness; nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom [The Noble Qur'an 37:47].

No after-ache will they receive therefrom, nor will they suffer intoxication [The Noble Qur'an 56:19].

Well one has to ask Farside, Preecha, Omega what will Christians drink in heaven:
"So that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom". [Luke 22:30]
Perhaps Coca-Cola?? :lol:

How many Muslim members of FreeJesus.net have silverware in their home?– a fascinating question.

I am not going to argue about the Hadiths, but If I was granted permission from the moderators, I would like to post a picture of a porno star wearing a cross around her neck just to explain to Farside the great difference between the Christians and the so-called Christians so he might understand the difference between Muslim and so-called Muslims :lol:
(Don't worry I am not going to post anything like that :P ).

Alexei

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:18 pm

Image The unequal treatment of the sexes in Jannah begins in the grave.

From the Law of Islam: The Risala of 'Abdullah ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawani -- A Treatise on Maliki Fiqh with commentary from ath-Thamr ad-Dani by al-Azhari source -- http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... age17.html

21.7a. The best arrangement of the bodies If there are both men and women among the dead, the men are placed next to the imam. If there are only men, the best of them is placed next to the imam. If there are women and children as well, they are placed behind the men in the direction of the qibla.

Commentary to 21.7a [What he mentioned of putting women before children is based on the position of Ibn Habib. Its opposite is well-known: it is that free adult men are near the Imam, the best and then next best, and then young free men and then hermaphrodites, then male slaves, then free women, then young girls, then female slaves.]

Image Allah requires that bodies for burial are to be segregated by sex, age, free, and slave.

From the Farside Image

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Wed Dec 10, 2003 02:21 am

Peace Alexei,

Since it's a physical resurrection, sure we will have sex-organs!!! And since we have sex-organs, why we can't make sex and get married?
For proves for Physical resurrection from Christian sites:

Now just think about that.
This is after the Final Judgement, there is no more creation of new souls, there is no procreating, there is no sex.

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. [Luke 22:29-30].

You obviously don't look for symbolism.
This "kingdom" is the Kingdom of God on earth that Jesus established.
We eat and drink at Christ's table, we are Christians.
This also implies the Eucharist.
We judge and argue with the Jews because we have the New Testament.
This is not even about heaven!

And just think abou this:
When in heaven, one lives eternally.
Why would he have to subsist of food and drink?
He doesn't even have digestive organs!
When you live eternally, you subsist off nothing but the presence of God.
The energy emanating from God's real presence will subsist you.

When will you learn?
Why would you even have earthly things in Heaven?
Isn't the real prescence of God enough? Must you indulge yourselves in sex orgies and fill your gutless self with food?
You, the Quran, the Hadiths, make a mockery out of God's Kingdom!
You faith are so fallacious!
You can make a mockery out of God's kingdom! go ahead!
You never even see the Gate of Heaven, you heathens!
you pagans want to indulge in earthly paradise for an eternity?
How little you know about God!
How much you have been led astray!

Well this pagan symbol of debauchery and human misery was drank by Jesus himself

Actually Jesus just has a glass of wine.
Scientists have proven that a glass of wine a day can improve the health of your heart.
There is nothing pagan or evil about this drink.

This is the same as the law of Islam. In Islam the name does not matter, it is the intoxicants which make it prohibited, be it named "beer", "wine", "alcohol", "heroin", "Whiskey", "Marijuana", or whatever..

So I guess cough suppresants are also forbidden in Islam, yes?
These and many other things contain alchohol and can impare judgement.

Free from headiness; nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom [The Noble Qur'an 37:47].

No after-ache will they receive therefrom, nor will they suffer intoxication [The Noble Qur'an 56:19].

Wine isn't wine if it doesn't contain alchohol.
Maybe the Quran meant fruit juice. :lol:

Alexei
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Alexei » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:25 pm

Now just think about that.
This is after the Final Judgement, there is no more creation of new souls, there is no procreating, there is no sex.

But it's a physical resurrection with all our organs present.
What we will do with them? :lol:

When will you learn?
Why would you even have earthly things in Heaven?
Isn't the real prescence of God enough? Must you indulge yourselves in sex orgies and fill your gutless self with food?
You, the Quran, the Hadiths, make a mockery out of God's Kingdom!
You faith are so fallacious!
You can make a mockery out of God's kingdom! go ahead!
You never even see the Gate of Heaven, you heathens!
you pagans want to indulge in earthly paradise for an eternity?
How little you know about God!
How much you have been led astray!

I will let you enjoy the following one more time:

Heaven
Christians who never think about Heaven are said to have the three cardinal virtues of Faith, Cope and Love because they are Christian only for what it does for them in this life!
Jesus continually encourages investing our time, talent and treasure in Heaven, yet we often neglect it. So, this page encourages us to bring in the benefits and perspective of Heaven while on Earth.
II. Heaven Doesn't Reflect Earth—Earth Reflects Heaven
We tend to think that all the good things on Earth will exist in Heaven only in some shadowy, vague, weakened, diluted way. The Biblical view of Heaven is that every good thing we experience on Earth will exist in Heaven in a higher, perfected way.
For example, after death we won’t exist in a fog of white light or float on a cloud as a disembodied soul. Each of God's own will have a glorified physical body, just as Jesus has a resurrected, glorified body. "Our bodies now are a mere shadow or prophetic hint of a more solid resurrection body that we will receive later, the Artist’s preliminary sketch of His later masterpiece," says Peter Kreeft.
This is a key reason why we don’t spend time thinking about Heaven more—we have the wrong image. Kreeft:
One reason we have lost our love for Heaven is because we have lost the sense of Heavenly glory. Biblical imagery of jewels, stars, candles, trumpets, and angels no longer fits our ranch-style, supermarket world. Pathetic modern substitutes of fluffy clouds, sexless cherubs, harps and metal halos… simply do not move us... In medieval Christendom, it was the world beyond this world that made all the difference in the world to this world… Earth was Heaven’s womb, Heaven’s dress rehearsal. Heaven was the meaning of the Earth.
The Bible is filled with analogies describing Earth as a reflection of Heaven. Paul says that on Earth we see God in a dirty mirror, but says that we who are with Christ will see Him face-to-face. CS Lewis called Earth the Shadowlands of a great city over the horizon. (The 1993 Shadowlands film doesn't bring this out as well as the 1963 BBC version.)
The picture the Bible paints of Heaven is organic! It describes Heaven as lush fields of green, with lions and lambs in peace (much like a return to the Garden of Eden), with cities having streets of gold, etc. (In the Christian fellowship I attend we like to think of our group as one "neighborhood in the New Jerusalem.") We don’t have to take our metaphors about Heaven literally, but we do have to take them seriously, because they point to something more, not less, than the images they connote.
Kreeft: To think of the love that made the world, the love that became human, suffered alienation from itself and died to save us rebels, the love that gleams though the fanatic joy of Jesus’ obedience to the will of His Father and that shines in the eyes and lives of the saints—to think of this love as any less passionate than our temporary and conditioned passions ’is a most disastrous fantasy.’" And that consuming fire of love is our destined Husband, according to His own promise. Sex in Heaven? Oh yes, and no pale, abstract, merely mental shadow of it either. Earthly sex is the shadow, and our lives are a process of thickening so that we can share in the substance, …so that we can endure and rejoice in the Heavenly fire.

Conclusion
Let’s pray for greater excitement about Heaven! Let’s be Christians of Faith, Hope and Love. In fact, our lives should not make sense without the hope of Heaven. Someone should be able to point to us and say "that person sacrifices things in this life because of rewards Jesus promises in the next."
Heaven is coming. It is nearer now than when you began this article.

Actually Jesus just has a glass of wine.
Scientists have proven that a glass of wine a day can improve the health of your heart.
There is nothing pagan or evil about this drink.

Please tell this to Farside, he's the one who talked about wine and paganism :lol:

So I guess cough suppresants are also forbidden in Islam, yes?
These and many other things contain alchohol and can impare judgement.

Of course not. Those are medicaments needed for staying in good health. If you need to know more about this subject, I'll be please to explain it to you.

Wine isn't wine if it doesn't contain alchohol.
Maybe the Quran meant fruit juice

:lol:

Alexei

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Wed Dec 10, 2003 01:44 pm

Peace farside,

21.7a. The best arrangement of the bodies If there are both men and women among the dead, the men are placed next to the imam. If there are only men, the best of them is placed next to the imam. If there are women and children as well, they are placed behind the men in the direction of the qibla.

This is the general opinion of the scholars. In saying that, when woman are placed behind the men, it in no ways implies that women are not equal in the sight of God. This is the exact arrangement even in our prayers. Since the Iman is a man, the men are placed next to him, and the woman behind the men. In Islam, women and men are generally seperated. We don't mix freely as in Christianity, and we follow this rule even when the funeral prayer is undertaken.

Commentary to 21.7a [What he mentioned of putting women before children is based on the position of Ibn Habib. Its opposite is well-known: it is that free adult men are near the Imam, the best and then next best, and then young free men and then hermaphrodites, then male slaves, then free women, then young girls, then female slaves.]

The commentory is the opinion that the Maliki fiqi have.

And by the way, the imam is not speaking on the arrangement of the graves, but when the funeral prayer is being held :roll:

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Wed Dec 10, 2003 03:09 pm

Lady Fatima wrote: And by the way, the imam is not speaking on the arrangement of the graves, but when the funeral prayer is being held

It is still segregation based on sex, age, free, and slave. Is it not? Why does Allah consider a free man more worthy than a male slave?

it is that free adult men are near the Imam, the best and then next best, and then young free men and then hermaphrodites, then male slaves, then free women, then young girls, then female slaves.

From the Farside Image
Last edited by farside on Thu Dec 11, 2003 03:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Wed Dec 10, 2003 03:16 pm

Peace farside,

It is still segregation based on sex, age, free, and slave. Is it not?

No it is not, because this is not the general opinion of the scholars. Majority of the scholars agree on the seperation between the men and the woman. The commentory, as I have stated, is of the Maliki fiqi.

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Wed Dec 10, 2003 05:29 pm

Image CNN news release. Muhammad (PBUH) has just announced that Allah has changed (abrogated) the marriage reward for male Muslims in Jannah. Instead of the old reward of only two wives, a Muslim will have 72 wives! Image A devout Muslim wife will now have to share her husband with 71 other women or houris. Image

New Reward Quotation wrote: The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: “The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah to Sana'a.” Source -- Al-Tirmidhi Volume 4, Chapter 21, Number 2687 or from Ibn Kathi’s Tafsir verse 72.

Old Reward Quotation wrote: Allah's Apostle said: “The first group who will enter Paradise will be like the moon when it is full . . . . . . Everyone of them will have two wives . . . .” source -- Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 468.

In Pictorial Format, we have

Image Image has Image Image Image in Jannah.

From the Farside Image

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:58 am

Peace farside,

The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: “The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah to Sana'a.”

That's for a martyr!

Allah's Apostle said: “The first group who will enter Paradise will be like the moon when it is full . . . . . . Everyone of them will have two wives . . . .”

That's the least number of houriyen a man will get!

A devout Muslim wife will now have to share her husband with 71 other women or houris.

Hmm...I believe now I have to repeat myself :roll: In Pardise there will be no jealousy, whether a man will get 500 wives ( which will not be the case :lol: ) will be no worry to a devout Muslim woman! Anyways, a Muslim woman will be 70 times more beautiful then any horuiyen :wink:

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Thu Dec 11, 2003 01:18 am

Peace Alexei,

But it's a physical resurrection with all our organs present.
What we will do with them?

Have you been to the Final Judgement and seen this?
I knew I missed something this morning. :lol:

Alexei, the Bible doesn't support your Islamic version of heaven or this Jannah place.
There's not going to be any sex in heaven, or houris, or wine, etc.
These are all just fantasies! Islamic fairy tales!

I will let you enjoy the following one more time:

I frankly don't care what these HERETICS say.

Of course not. Those are medicaments needed for staying in good health. If you need to know more about this subject, I'll be please to explain it to you.

And a glass of wine a day can improve your heart.
Why don't you have a little wine a day?
You take cough suppresants, and they contain alcohol.

Alexei
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Alexei » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:34 pm

Have you been to the Final Judgement and seen this?
I knew I missed something this morning

No I didn't, but it's clearly found in the Holy Bible. It's shining as the sun in the middle of a clear summer day:

First the Old Testament speaks of the resurrection as being physical: "And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2).

Likewise, we read in Job: "I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth. Even after my skin is destroyed, yet from my flesh I shall see God; Whom I myself shall behold, and whom my eyes shall see and not another. My heart faints within Me" (Job 19:25-27).

Simply to speak of a "resurrection" of the dead (Matthew 22:30-31; Luke 14:14; 1 Corinthians 15:52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16) is to imply physicality. That is what a resurrection is.

"Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise". [Isaiah 26:19].

Philippians 3:20-21 said that Jesus's resurrection body is the pattern of ourresurrection body:
"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory."

In the Holy Bible Jesus was raised in a physical body because the disciples ATE with Him after the resurrection (Acts 10:41) and touched Him (Matthew 28:9; see also John 20:27). Also, Jesus outright declared that His resurrection body was physical and touchable: "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have" (Luke 24:39; see also Acts 13:33-37). Since Jesus's resurrection is the pattern of our resurrection, we will therefore be raised in a physical body as well. :lol:

Romans 8:21-23 speaks of waiting for "the redemption of our bodies" (v. 23). Our bodies are not going to be thrown away. They are going to be renewed, restored, revitalized.

Jesus speaks of the resurrection as involving the coming forth of individuals out of their tombs, which clearly indicates a physical concept of the resurrection:
"Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment" (John 5:28-29).

Even the bad people will be in hell in their BODIES (see Matthew 5:29-30, Matthew 18:8-9, Mark 9:43-49, Matthew 13:41-42, Luke 16:19-25 etc..).

You just have to read the Holy bible Rabbi Believer.
Only Jehovah Witnesses do not believe in a physical resurrection!!!
I am wondering if you are one of them?? :D

I frankly don't care what these HERETICS say

You can't say about the people you don't disagree with them that they are heretics. What makes your comments corrects?
As Jesus said: Don't Judge.

And a glass of wine a day can improve your heart.
Why don't you have a little wine a day?

I prefer an apple as Popeye has said: An apple a day keeps the doctor away :lol:
You can find the answer here:
http://www.islamonline.net/english/Scie ... cle4.shtml

You take cough suppresants, and they contain alcohol.

This fall under two Islamic laws found in the Noble Qur'an:
1- Advantages and disadvantages
2- Necessity

Alexei

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Thu Dec 11, 2003 03:38 pm

Image The Islamic suicide bombers do believe that 72 wives or virgins will be at the gates of Jannah to welcome them. However, The verse clearly states that "The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives."

The verse does not restrict the reward of 72 wives only to martyrs but all people (men) of Jannah will receive at least 72 wives.

Lady Fatima wrote, “In Paradise there will be no jealousy, . . “ Image

Jealousy is a highly undesirable human emotion, Image and the elimination of Jealousy in Jannah is commendable.

However,Why is Allah corrupted by this highly undesirable human emotion that we call Jealousy?

. . . and Allah is more jealous than I. Because of His jealousy Allah has prohibited abomination, both open and secret And no person is more jealous of his honour than Allah, . . . . source – Muslim Book 009, Number 3572

From the Farside Image

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:40 am

Peace Alexei,

You just have to read the Holy bible Rabbi Believer.
Only Jehovah Witnesses do not believe in a physical resurrection!!!
I am wondering if you are one of them??

I'm not A Jehovah's Witness. They deny Jesus is Lord.
I do believe in a ressurection of the dead.
But "physical" on what sense? Not earth physical, different that this.
Since we'll live for eternity and this is prior to the Final Judgement, procreation ceases. There is not sex, no need for sex.
The power of God's Real Presence in Heaven is far more pleasuring than sex, food, drink or anything else.
When Jesus said we'd "eat" at his table merely implies we'll be on his side and sit with Him. You lack a mind to discern Biblical symbolism.

And if we're living in eternity, why the need to subsist of food and drink?
I asked you these tough questions before, and you totally ignored them!

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Fri Dec 12, 2003 03:35 am

Peace farside,

The verse clearly states that "The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives."

Ok that’s nice and dandy. But is the hadith Sahih? You gave to understand that not all of Tirmidhi’s hadiths are authentic like Bukhari or Muslim. I’ll give you a Sahih hadith from Tirmidhi which says it’s for a martyr:

It was narrated that al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Yakrib said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The martyr has six blessings with Allaah: he will be forgiven from the first drop of blood shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be protected from the torment of the grave; he will be safe from the greater terror; a crown of dignity will be placed on his head, one ruby of which is better than this world and everything in it; he will be married to seventy-two wives from al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will intercede for seventy of his relatives.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1663; Ibn Maajah, 2799; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

However,Why is Allah corrupted by this highly undesirable human emotion that we call Jealousy?

The jealousy of Allah is nothing like the jealousy of human beings. For example if I say that the best reward is seeing God’s face, does that mean that the face of God is the same face we have? Of course not, It is then because of that, we shouldn’t be comparing the qualities of human beings with that of God’s.

Furthermore, when I said that the Muslimah will not feel jealousy towards her husband and the houriyen he will be given, that is supported by God’s words that He will remove mutual hatred from the souls of every being!

Alexei
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Alexei » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:01 am

But "physical" on what sense? Not earth physical, different that this.

Please be kind and explain this theory Rabbi Believer!!!

I asked you these tough questions before, and you totally ignored them!

Please remember me of these tough questions, I feel that my memory is weaken :lol:

Alexei

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:50 pm

Peace farside,

I would like to retract from my explanation that I had made concerning Allah's "jealousy". The Arabic word that is used is ghira, and “ghira” and the English word “jealousy” are not synonymous. The actual word "ghira" means something that is hated. In the hadith, if a man sees his wife with another man it is something that is hateful to him. Similarly, when God sees his creations in disobedience, the Almighty hates that more! That explanation was given to my by my father, may God bless him :D

And Allah knows best!

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Fri Dec 12, 2003 03:21 pm

Image The Features of Paradise

According to Islamic tradition, Sheikh Palazzi states there are 72 wives for every believer who is admitted to Paradise, not only for a martyr. The proof is in a Hadith (Islamic tradition) collected by Al-Tirmidhi in the Book of Sunan (volume IV, chapters on "The Features of Paradise as described by the Messenger of Allah," Chapter 21: "About the Smallest Reward for the People of Paradise," Hadith 2687). Sheikh Palazzi added that it is also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir of Surah Al-Rahman (55), verse 72: "It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim that Abu-al-Haytham Abdullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri, who heard the Prophet Muhammad saying: 'The smallest reward for the people of Paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana'a.'"
Source - http://www.memri.de/uebersetzungen_anal ... 10_01.html

From the Farside Image

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:09 pm

Image I see the Light!

Lady Fatima wrote the following sentence which was unclear to me. Image

Lady Fatima wrote: In the hadith, if a man sees his wife with another man it is something that is hateful to him.

After carefully editing the sentence, it is now quite clear. Image Can you find the improvements?

In the hadith, if a woman sees her husband with another woman it is something that is hateful to her.

From the Farside Image

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Sat Dec 13, 2003 05:12 am

Peace farside,

We will begin with the issue of the hooriyen. It is proven by Sahih Sunnah that a martyr will get 72, the least of men will get 2 and for some more than that. This is well accepted by the scholars of the past and those of the future. The great sheikh Al-Albani recorded it as being authentic. If you would like more on this, you can visit this link:

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&d ... 5843&dgn=4

In the hadith, if a woman sees her husband with another woman it is something that is hateful to her.

This "hatefulness" will not be something that will take place in heaven. The hadith is only for the life of this world. Is that difficult to understand?

Preecha
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby Preecha » Sat Dec 13, 2003 08:12 pm

Sex and procreation is something for only this world also. That can not be that hard to understand either?

Omega

Postby Omega » Sat Dec 13, 2003 08:19 pm

Matthew 22:30 - For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:32 pm

Image Warning! No dreams allowed in Jannah!

Islamicawakening
source

Jaabir ibn 'Abdullaah and 'Abdullaah ibn Abi Awfaa reported that the Messenger of Allaah (saw) said, "Sleep is the brother of death; the people of Paradise will not sleep" Image

Famous Dream Quotations

Dreams are great. When they disappear you may still be here, but you will have ceased to live. --Lady Nancy Astor

Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much. Image
--Unknown

Trust in dreams, for in them is the hidden gate to eternity. --Kahill Gibran

Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true. Image -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers. --Orison Swett Marden

Those who lose dreaming are lost.Image --Australian Aboriginal Proverb

From The Farside Image
Last edited by farside on Sun Dec 14, 2003 05:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lady Fatima
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Lady Fatima » Sun Dec 14, 2003 06:08 am

Peace farside,

Generally speaking, the people of paradise will not sleep for there will be no fatigue in paradise.

"There no sense of fatigue shall touch them..." ( 15:48 )

However, if there is an inhabitant of paradise who desires to sleep, then ofcourse he/she will be able to go to sleep. As Allah says in the Quran:

"Gardens of Eternity which they will enter: beneath them flow (pleasant) rivers: they will have therein all that they wish: thus doth Allah reward the righteous" (16:31)

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Sun Dec 14, 2003 05:54 pm

Image Warning! No Children allowed in Jannah!

Source - http://www.a2youth.com/islam/non-muslims/common-05.html

It was narrated from Mu"aadh ibn Jabal that the Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The people of Paradise will enter Paradise hairless and beardless, with kohl-rimmed eyes, all thirtyImage Imageor thirty- threeImage Imageyears old." (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2545). This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al- Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami

From the Farside Image

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Sun Dec 14, 2003 07:22 pm

Image Chess in JannahImage

Image Buraida reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: He who played chess is like one who dyed his hand with the flesh and blood of swine. Source -- Sahih Muslim Book 028, Number 5612

Image "Gardens of Eternity which they will enter: beneath them flow (pleasant) rivers: they will have therein all that they wish: thus doth Allah reward the righteous" (16:31)

From the Farside

farside
Assitant Deacon
Assitant Deacon

Postby farside » Mon Dec 15, 2003 03:27 pm

Image Games of Dice in Jannah Image

Image Yahya related to me from Malik from Musa ibn Maysara from Said ibn Abi Hind from Abu Musa al-Ashari that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, " Whoever plays games of dice has disobeyed Allah and His Messenger." Source -- Malik's Muwatta Book 52, Number 52.2.6

Image "Gardens of Eternity which they will enter: beneath them flow (pleasant) rivers: they will have therein all that they wish: thus doth Allah reward the righteous" (16:31)

From the Farside

Return to “Archived”