PROPHECIES NOT FULFILLED (Part Three)

Archived and locked <i>Read Only</i>
oneGOD
Preacher
Preacher

PROPHECIES NOT FULFILLED (Part Three)

Postby oneGOD » Wed Nov 12, 2003 06:10 am

I was checking on the translations and I found this about Isaiah 9:6. The translation of this particular verse is misleading . In the King James version, it reads:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of peace

Let's look at this same verse as translated by the Jewish Publication Society of America in its THE HOLY SCRIPTURES: According To The Masoretic Text:

For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; And the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar-shalom; (That is: Wonderful in council is God the Mighty, the Everlasting Father, the Ruler of peace.)

To be named "Wonderful in council is God the Mighty, the Everlasting Father, the Ruler of peace&"; is not to be God, but to be named with a name which glorifies God. The names "John," meaning "God is good," and "Joshua," meaning "God is salvation," are similar.

Note that the original Hebrew is used to ensure and emphasize the accuracy of transmittal. Also note that the verse number is five, rather than the number six of the King James translation

The verse number five is also retained in the NEW AMERICAN BIBLE translation, along with a much more accurate rendition of the Hebrew/Aramaic of the original:

For a child is born to us, a son is given us; upon his shoulder dominion rests. They name him wonder-counselor, God-hero, Father-Forever, Prince of Peace

Though this translation is not as straightforward as the Jewish rendering of the same verse, the difference between this translation and the King James version is doctrine-shaking. The difference between the phrases "the mighty God," and "God-hero" is obvious and profound. There are people today who can be considered God-heros, doing great work in the cause of God.

Why would they mistranslate such an important thing like that?

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Thu Nov 13, 2003 03:59 am

Who was called all of these names at once?
Jesus Christ!

Jesus was called wonder-counselor,
Jesus is the God-hero
Jesus is one with the Father-Forever
Jesus is the Prince of Peace
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
-Hebrews 1:1-2

oneGOD
Preacher
Preacher

Postby oneGOD » Thu Nov 13, 2003 05:36 am

Ya, but he is not called the Mighty God the Everlasting Father. Those people purposely mistranslated this. You see my point here? Isiaih didn't call him God he called him God's hero, now here we have a major difference. It's mistranslated to mislead you.

Return to “Archived”