Preacher
Preacher

Moses changed the Law

Postby Believer » Thu Oct 16, 2003 03:59 am

Peace,

Listen to what Jesus said:

Matthew 19
(Divorce)

1When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.
3Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"
4"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'[1] 5and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'[2] ? 6So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
7"Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?"
8Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
9I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Isn't that a shocker! Moses allowed changed to the Law!
I'm sure Moses mean't to do good, after all he was trying to please the foolish people.
But Aaron built the golden calf for the Israelites to worship to appease them!
Who knows how many other human precepts were added to the Law.
Perhaps the true Law of God has little to no human precepts.
Perhaps Jesus Christ taught the true Law of God, with no required human precepts.

Isaiah said it and Jesus repeated it:
"This people honors me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me;
in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines human precepts"
Isaiah 29:13, Matthew 15:8-9

Do you see? The Law with all it's human precepts is a major reason for all of the Pharisee's and Saducee's corruption.
Perhaps this may also explain the corruptions in the Islamic world.

Why does the Quran support divorces when it was not from God, but from men?

Blessings
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
-Hebrews 1:1-2

Abdullah
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Abdullah » Sun Oct 19, 2003 08:13 pm

excuse, that is a silly question, its just like asking, why does God permit having a Diety beside himself when the 10 commandments clearly says Dont?

Why does the Quran support divorces when it was not from God, but from men?

can u explain in detail wat u r asking.

Believer
Preacher
Preacher

Postby Believer » Mon Oct 20, 2003 01:42 am

There is NO ONE besides God.
And my question very seriously questions your faith.

Moses made up the laws for divorce, they weren't from God.

The Quran can't be from God because it retains too many human precepts including the one Moses made up. It even adds extra laws like one can have up to four wives and you must pray five times a day.
Your Quran is blatantly humanistic.

How can you explain this?
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;

in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,

-Hebrews 1:1-2

Return to “Archived”